? where is the legendary Nute genious FatMan

• Thread starter budfarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

budfarmer

Hey guy's I have been trying to read up and learn about nute basics when I came across the name FatMan, seems he can be ornory and has been banned from some sites but I would like to find the man apparently he is the Guru of nutrients. Anybody know where he hangs out lately.
Thanks for any help !

B

budfarmer

I've been on a very long quest to achieve optimal results with my grows. I have taken on high-pressure misting aeroponics (see the endless thread in the Aeroponics section above). While this is producing incredible results, the real "gold" in the knowledge gained was finally being able to understand how to feed the plants properly.

Info relative to nutrients starts on page 28, and picks up again on page 34, with a link. Check out the thread, and then check out all of fatman's posts on ROI. I was directed there by an experienced aero grower who has been my mentor in this undertaking.

Fatman is a professor of botany some 30 years, now semi-retired. That he grows the magic plant and is kind enough to share his vast wealth of knowledge with the world is gift you cannot buy. I can save you some time and give you a short answer, but time spent reading that info will help you a lot. And likely save you a lot of money.

This stuff will sound complicated and confusing at first. I know. But if you hang in there, I think you'll see, as I did, it's actually very simple, and with the nute calculator linked below you'll find mixing your nutes painless.

The world of hydro nutes is filled with bullshit. That much I have learned. And (donning flame suit for the expected barrage) - Lucas had it backwards. And - you don't need any additives. All you need is GH Micro (mostly), Bloom, Cal Mag Plus (if you're using RO water) and maybe some Liquid Kool Bloom (not essential). I also use Epsom Salt, but again not essential. I've detailed a lot of what I've come up with in that aero thread. Also pics showing results.

MJ is a foliage plant. From fatman's info, tests done by the US govt in the 40s showed that hemp (MJs closest relative) grew best with an NPK ratio of 3-1-2. That is the golden number. Run 3-1-2 from seedling to late flower, then switch to 2-1-2 in final ripening. That's it. No magic additives or other horseshit.

I began following this regimen for several grows now. And the results speak for themselves. Fatman knows of what he speaks, and following his recommendations has produced the highest yields yet. I've realized a bigger improvement from feeding the plants correctly than anything else attempted to this point.

Now some strains like a little more mag, or less cal, or whatever. You may find you need to tweak your mix to suit. But beginning with the basic 3-1-2 formula will get you off to an excellent start. The plants will tell you if they are lacking something - adjust the mixture to suit.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

The first 2 posts I read I didn't notice he was talking to himself until Cap said something, then I looked back and noticed all posts were from budfarmer LOL.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Fatman is smart (I think he said he is an engineer of some sort) and also knowledgeable when it comes to aeroponics (thats the only thing I ever seen him talk about), but I wouldn't put him anywhere close to 'Legendary' status. He never even showed a picture of his garden (if he did I never seen it).

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

Fatman is smart (I think he said he is an engineer of some sort) and also knowledgeable when it comes to aeroponics (thats the only thing I ever seen him talk about), but I wouldn't put him anywhere close to 'Legendary' status. He never even showed a picture of his garden (if he did I never seen it).
I'd consider him legendary right up there with PH at least, he is part of our history. But then you do acknowledge you havn't seen many of the couple thousand posts he's made helping others in areas other than Hp aero going back to 1991 I believe. Where do you think most on here got their start mixing? Some of the recepies he gave were not HP aero specific and more than a few, if they admit it or not got their baptism with fatman lol only to spread that info to others.

The part of him not showing his pics has also been addressed by him previously within that couple thousand posts, largely for legal reasons that a few others follow for themselves as well. So the question should be if someone has a tremendous following, an example would be those flocking to wherever he would surface,, some to learn, some to pick a fight. They question would be if he has posted so much going back so many years and even was in on debate with PH, lucus (side kick) how is it that the same things keep getting said? I have a hard time believing that if people were attempting to research him they'd know he wasn't helping just those with hp aero. They's know he wasn't knocking anyone but teaching the principles to make the best out of the system you had, based upon science, nasa and university studies..

I could spoon feed everyone as fatman would say it, but then again if they cared as much a I do about proving him wrong or right they would do their research as I have done trying to prove him wrong, but finding he's right.

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

I've been on a very long quest to achieve optimal results with my grows. I have taken on high-pressure misting aeroponics (see the endless thread in the Aeroponics section above). While this is producing incredible results, the real "gold" in the knowledge gained was finally being able to understand how to feed the plants properly.

Info relative to nutrients starts on page 28, and picks up again on page 34, with a link. Check out the thread, and then check out all of fatman's posts on ROI. I was directed there by an experienced aero grower who has been my mentor in this undertaking.

Fatman is a professor of botany some 30 years, now semi-retired. That he grows the magic plant and is kind enough to share his vast wealth of knowledge with the world is gift you cannot buy. I can save you some time and give you a short answer, but time spent reading that info will help you a lot. And likely save you a lot of money.

This stuff will sound complicated and confusing at first. I know. But if you hang in there, I think you'll see, as I did, it's actually very simple, and with the nute calculator linked below you'll find mixing your nutes painless.

The world of hydro nutes is filled with bullshit. That much I have learned. And (donning flame suit for the expected barrage) - Lucas had it backwards. And - you don't need any additives. All you need is GH Micro (mostly), Bloom, Cal Mag Plus (if you're using RO water) and maybe some Liquid Kool Bloom (not essential). I also use Epsom Salt, but again not essential. I've detailed a lot of what I've come up with in that aero thread. Also pics showing results.

MJ is a foliage plant. From fatman's info, tests done by the US govt in the 40s showed that hemp (MJs closest relative) grew best with an NPK ratio of 3-1-2. That is the golden number. Run 3-1-2 from seedling to late flower, then switch to 2-1-2 in final ripening. That's it. No magic additives or other horseshit.

I began following this regimen for several grows now. And the results speak for themselves. Fatman knows of what he speaks, and following his recommendations has produced the highest yields yet. I've realized a bigger improvement from feeding the plants correctly than anything else attempted to this point.

Now some strains like a little more mag, or less cal, or whatever. You may find you need to tweak your mix to suit. But beginning with the basic 3-1-2 formula will get you off to an excellent start. The plants will tell you if they are lacking something - adjust the mixture to suit.
Many of these statements seem to ring a bell as compilations from a few threads. Not that I disagree, but some lines are almost word for word. If anyone actually does the homework they would know the cite he started, I'd love to see him surface, that ban has got to be ending soon, if not already, I'd love to see a forum where he can't get banned lol.. "and in this corner weighing in at 300 lb,,,"" lol

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

Why would you question your own statement?
I think he's basically cut and pasted a bunch of stuff together and although it's correct he isn't quite sure of it all, that's just my gut feeling and don't want to ruffle any feathers. But the title of thread didn't seem to me like it was from a supportive point of view.. Then again that may be my meds talking. lol

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I think he's basically cut and pasted a bunch of stuff together and although it's correct he isn't quite sure of it all, that's just my gut feeling and don't want to ruffle any feathers. But the title of thread didn't seem to me like it was from a supportive point of view.. Then again that may be my meds talking. lol

Or that was fatman himself hyping himself up. I've seen that before. LOL.

D

Donkdbz

MJ may be a foliage plant. But we are trying to get flowers last I recalled. Hemp was not grown for flowers so while all those may be great for veg but not for what us flower farmers are trying to do.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
MJ may be a foliage plant. But we are trying to get flowers last I recalled. Hemp was not grown for flowers so while all those may be great for veg but not for what us flower farmers are trying to do.

Hey man it's been a while since I have seen you post. Good to see you around.

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

Or that was fatman himself hyping himself up. I've seen that before. LOL.
Hey CAp on a fatman topic about your bennies, most people think hes adamantly opposed to them which isn't correct, it's the methodology behind using them in a Hydroponic environment.. Well I've got basically 2 or 3 systems independent of my recirculating system going at one time and started some on hugos as you did but with some extra bastardization to help disabled folks as fatman would call it lol.

Those couple plants are finishing right now and I'd like to see what your bennies will do on this next round. I'll P.M. you about obtaining some of your bastard bennies lol.. Since fatman states that DTW is better suited for bennies if your going to use them I'll see how they work with my modified bastardized system lol ..

BTW if that is Fatman I'm working on getting a Forum for him in case he gets banned again lol One where he won't get banned, wanna bet it would prove how popular he is? lol

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Hey CAp on a fatman topic about your bennies, most people think hes adamantly opposed to them which isn't correct, it's the methodology behind using them in a Hydroponic environment.. Well I've got basically 2 or 3 systems independent of my recirculating system going at one time and started some on hugos as you did but with some extra bastardization to help disabled folks as fatman would call it lol.

Those couple plants are finishing right now and I'd like to see what your bennies will do on this next round. I'll P.M. you about obtaining some of your bastard bennies lol.. Since fatman states that DTW is better suited for bennies if your going to use them I'll see how they work with my modified bastardized system lol ..

ok. I use bennies in hydro and they work great. Don't know what a bastardized system is>?

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

And again this just goes to show how little people research the archives of our country and expired patentns as well, Elli lilly was growing CANNABIS superior to indian cannabis here in the U.S at the turn of the century (as medicine), little has change from the masses of info in archives. Hell Tilden too, bet you didn't know they made pills out of cannabis as well? To quote the book The reign of Law "the narcotic smell of childhood" was in reference to the smell that consumed kentucky during hemp harvest as well as the smell of the entire towns when those sticky "heads" rolled in on waggons.. lol just gotta read, I won't spoon feed, well I guess I just did didn't I? lol

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

ok. I use bennies in hydro and they work great. Don't know what a bastardized system is>?
Just the point that hydroponics is about being sterile and now the meaning encompasses bastardized systems like the one i'm working on. Thought you were up on those discussions of his and basically a location joke but you weren't there apparently lol so hopefully no offense was taken. If you would like me to post it I will, fatman has given authorization lol. But it will be lengthy and perhaps a bit brutal unless I edit lol.

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

If hemp wasn't grown for flowers where did all the seeds come from? and which geographical area of cultivation do you reference as the way hemp was cultivated, it was processed differently by state? Also what time frame, our country grew it for a long long time with many variations in strain? There were different rendering processes as well by geographic location. Plats that were only 4ft high and coming from India, what strain were those, I bet the slaves liked them the best.. With time man will figure it all out. Hell remember that 2700 years ago it's proven man cultivated high thc Meds with amber trics. The Gushi discovery.. We can't be so arrogant to think we are the first at everything.. I'm sure AN would like Evonne to believe "their" scientists came up with 3-1-2

Kentucky the "heads" (flowers) were broken off and the hemp still processed. Our founders writings that most are familliar with speak of killing the males so the female would grow taller, many mistake it as they were trying to grow sinsi,.. Cultivation practices developed over time, most are unfamiliar with how it developed but I can assure you that as a matter of national importance at the time, it was well documented..

Top Bottom