Where`s all the Puna ?

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Been awhile sence I had any good stuff from the Islands. What happend to all the Cona Gold,Puna,ect. that was going around in the early 70`s?

G

Green Supreme

Man I been thinkin Puna Butter for about 5 years. Loved the taste and buzz. Thanks for the reminiscence. Peace GS

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Good question. I had a friend that used to live on the island. He got some real deal from the island in the 80's. Some of the tastiest herb ever!

Would always hear of friends getting the tourist treatment.
Then get bait and switched with lichen in a baggy. Never sampled it again.

About 2 years ago, My nice guy in SF was holding some maui wowie. Did not sample it. Did not look the same, maybe the enviroment has something to do with the quality on the island.

Great memories.

B

BUDOGHI

there's still great pot in the islands mostly grown from the same genetics available to you the big problem is choppers, so much is grown under lights so its the same shit you get where you are. what hawaii has is a great sun if growers in hawaii don't use it they get the artificial light shit like every one else that grows under hps etc. the best weed in the world is grown in soil from seed with pure rain water under natural sun light. had the most killer JTR hawaii grown for this mornings wake and bake so the good shit is still in the islands. puna butter means grown in puna, kona gold means grown in kona, maui wowie means grown in maui they were never specific strains.

G

Green Supreme

Apologies, I meant this one. Peace GS

Puna Budder (THSeeds) some Hawaiian & some Afghani

B

BUDOGHI

no apologies needed actually in hawaii puna butter is reefered to as puna budda Aloha and Makahiki Hou (happy new year)

J

jaybird

hmmmm...not sure how true this is...but an old school grower from the Big Island told me that Puna butter is basicly sensi-star.....I myself not really into sensu-star....where's the Panama Red.....or the columbian sativas that hawaii was known for....I'm still in search of some killer old strains....we might be taking a trip to Northern India....to go hike...burn...cruz...and search...lates all
be safe...gro-on
jaybird

C

CultiVAtOR

Puna butter is a myth I'm from Hilo/puna and Kona so I'd know,
Believe me it's just names from where it was grown.. We didn't have names for strains back then.. So THSEEDS claiming they have the original puna butter crossed with Afghani is bull.. Nobody from my island that's a native or farmer would ever claim they have punabutter, and if they are there full of it.. Infact who ever seems to think they have a punabutter strain in Hawaii shoot me a pm or email..!

J

jaybird

right on cultivator...plenty of bunk seed companies out there...i hear everything in Amsterdam is even mis-labeled in the cafes.....hmmmm....maui ..has maui wowie...big island has ...kona gold...puna buddah....kauai has..kauai electric.....molokai..has molokai yellow...some purple seedy shit....and the frost...so what they gonna call the oahu strains...lol yes we are growing our meds here....not everything is from cali out here...but...if you are in waikiki...u'll be buying bunk....lichens...or weeds that grow in kapiolani park....be safe
aloha...gro-on
jaybird

J

jaybird

never had that strain and I know plenty peepz from that location....more B.s. plenty people buy seeds and then name it what they want...pretty lame...keep the true name until u cross it and keep crossing it till you breed out the recessive traits and then name it...then that strain is yours...well good luck to all...i'm into my 4 breeding of a strain I'm working on...will release it to patients within the year...it will be some oahu grown...
aloha..be safe...gro-on
jaybird

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
Wow I always thought that they were specific strains I dnt know that my grandpa used to tell me about colubian gold and Oklahoma sensi he told me it was bomb and the the AAA FIRE was like a $112 a lb he told that the Indians used to grow the killa on the Indian reservation and he had a Indian work for him that used to bring him oklahoma sensi by the trash bag killer shit

M

MTM

Ive grown puna butter from TH seeds and it was a soaring sativa with huge yields,the smoke was real strong and had a citrus smell..:Probably the only strain that TH has thats worth a fuck..

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Kona Gold I had in the 70`s was right off the boat. It was a golden colour and was tied to sticks like Thai stk was. The Thai stick weed was great back then as well but one batch would be different than the next. I remember when years after a friend moved to the Islands I came and saw him .I brought Sensi Star seeds with me along with a bunch of other strains. He sent me back some buds he grew on Mt. Kona and it was delish ! It wasn`t better than Cali grow but just different. I think it is the soil. We got some of the same red dirt here but the plants that grow in the Islands flavor it different.

Scorpion

Scorpion

I have not returned to Hawaii since I left in 1983,Im pretty sure things have changed since then.
Does the Hash Bud still go round? I smoked somthing called OG Kush a while back last month that reminded me of the HashPlant I got from a local fellow in 1979.
small green buds with crystal like sugar coverd.
I brought home some Kaui grown gold buds around 81 to the desert while on leave .
I gave a friend several of those seeds back then before I rtb.
The Hash Plant and the Kaui Gold (electric) were the better types I tried back then.
these were all grown under the sunshine.I dont know if anyone even grew indoors back then,prolly not since the sun is free and no greenharvest yet.

scorpion

reeldrag

reeldrag

Puna butter is a myth I'm from Hilo/puna and Kona so I'd know,
Believe me it's just names from where it was grown.. We didn't have names for strains back then.. So THSEEDS claiming they have the original puna butter crossed with Afghani is bull.. Nobody from my island that's a native or farmer would ever claim they have punabutter, and if they are there full of it.. Infact who ever seems to think they have a punabutter strain in Hawaii shoot me a pm or email..!
right on bradda i live on the big island you r correct

Clawmark

Clawmark

Just started putting out my own puna crossed strain. I agree there is no such thing as "puna" as a strain itself but I couldn't bestow the actual name of the male bc my people's out there are running a one of kind strain and I didn't want to put their business on front street. Lets just say I got a little pollen from these good folks and I used that on my own unreleased strain. Took almost a year and I have plans for more crosses. I was out there last month for the holidays and what they have is mosdef not sensi-star. More of a 50/50 with definite sativa characteristics which even showed up in my cross.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
When I was there it was all Hilo bud, don't know what it actually was but it was dank as hell, a group of small plane pilots operating out of Maui where movin it all around....unfortunately since the 70's the big island has turned into the meth "batu" capitol of the islands, not exactly the same vibe at all IMO...when cab drivers ask ya if you want some meth, something is wrong

I still have some "blood" crosses somewhere that I did with an original blood clone when I was over there, had a Molakai frost that killed it but that was 10-12 years ago now

K

keonaona

Texas post: 991750 said:
When I was there it was all Hilo bud, don't know w it actually was but it was dank as hell, a group of small plane pilots operating out of Maui where movin it all around....unfortunately since the 70's the big island has turned into the meth "batu" capitol of the islands, not exactly the same vibe at all IMO...when cab drivers ask ya if you want some meth, something is wrong

I still have some "blood" crosses somewhere that I did with an original blood clone when I was over there, had a Molakai frost that killed it but that was 10-12 years ago now

Thanks to the eradication of marijane at the time ( green harvest ) it put us in the " batu " era...lost a lot of good folk to that shit.. what a shame!! Never new you had ties with hawaii tex..

Top Bottom