Where Should I Move To?

• Thread starter SiestaM
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SiestaM

SiestaM

if I was thinking about moving to Michigan, where would you suggest is the best area for kind people with a good quality of life?. An area where there laid back about growing and there's good people. I like the woods, but to be somewhat near a city with things to do and a good airport are key.
I've got an amazing set up here in San diego, but with 4k a month rent, I'm always struggling.
I want to buy a house and maybe eventually get ahead after all this hard work.
This picture is of the view I'll be leaving.

Where should i move to
Cannis

Cannis

You like snow? 4k a month would get you one sweet trailer here with lawn & snow service too lol. What attracts you to michigan? What your asking for is a place in the burbs sounds like to me. What constitutes a good airport? Ours has been crash free since the late 90's... Got views like that here too without the palms and spanish tile roof. Most ppl here crush those tiles and put it in the flower beds. Seriously though, it's a buyers market here with most trying to leave Mi., hell at half that (2k) you could have some property and a nice house say 10 to 20 acres. And by laid back you mean local law right?

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
what are you looking to do, You just want to smoke or you want to be a Caregiver and grow, Because thats only going to be 12 plants for yourself and nothing more with out you being a Caregiver and if you have any Felonies on your record thats out the window also, So please go a little deeper into what your wanting to do with the weed part , As far as 4k you could have a badd ass crib with lots of land

420circuit

420circuit

Grand Rapids to Traverse City, beautiful on the west side, but not clear about the legal environment. Not recognizing that view from America's Finest City. Climate sure is different.

C

cheech

I'd for sure move to Ypsilanti or Ann Arbor. Washtenaw County seems to be very lenient. Dispensaries have been operating in the two cities I mentioned for 4-5 years it seems. Lot of parks out that way, Ann Arbor is a cool city, and you can still jump on 94 and head to Detroit area, or Chicago if you're inclined. DTW airport is 30 mins from Ann Arbor.

Keep in mind MI law only allows you to have in your possession 2.5 'usable' oz, and you can only sell 2.5 oz at a time to your designated patients.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Yeah never thought of chula vista,thats possible,never really get that view.I usually see it from the boat as i pass by after launching.

SiestaM

SiestaM

Thanks all for the input.
I have lots of kin in northern Michigan and that's one of the draws.
Yes, "laid back" meaning grower friendly laws and enforcement thereof.
I don't need to go big, but I want 6-8 lights and no problems from the man like I've had here in CA for a long time.
The main goal is to get ahead financially, bc my overhead is huge here. I need to be close to an airport bc I live to surf big swells and I keep an apartment in Hawaii where I'll go for a good part of each winter, I can find a hous sitter, plenty o' cousins up there.
I'm not worried about the cold bc I'll be bundled up while at home and traveling often. I've built several 'set to forget' systems that I can leave for 2-3 weeks no problem.
I'm under the impression I can buy a house (even with my shit credit) in Michigan and then my rent is a mortgage= eventually getting ahead.
Before you tell me to dump the Hawaii place, it's cheap, I've had it for years and that pic is from my porch.
Maybe I've lost my mind, but it's an enjoyable ride.
I'm off to hear reggae music, aloha!

SiestaM

SiestaM

what are you looking to do, You just want to smoke or you want to be a Caregiver and grow, Because thats only going to be 12 plants for yourself and nothing more with out you being a Caregiver and if you have any Felonies on your record thats out the window also, So please go a little deeper into what your wanting to do with the weed part , As far as 4k you could have a badd ass crib with lots of land
I don't want to spend 4k, that's the reason I wanna leave southern ca
As for the law, I'm a clean cut, respectful, college graduate with no record at all, not even a speeding ticket. All I do is surf, travel and grow weed.

SiestaM

SiestaM

I'd for sure move to Ypsilanti or Ann Arbor. Washtenaw County seems to be very lenient. Dispensaries have been operating in the two cities I mentioned for 4-5 years it seems. Lot of parks out that way, Ann Arbor is a cool city, and you can still jump on 94 and head to Detroit area, or Chicago if you're inclined. DTW airport is 30 mins from Ann Arbor.

Keep in mind MI law only allows you to have in your possession 2.5 'usable' oz, and you can only sell 2.5 oz at a time to your designated patients.
Ann Arbor looks better and better.

sixstring

sixstring

traverse city has the beach and the airport and it seems to be a fairly pot freindly town from what i read.i think theres some dispenceries operating there or at least there was.im close to ann arbor but i have property north of traverse city and i cant wait to get out of this shit hole.ypsilanti is even worse lol.stay away from oakland county as far as pot growing imo

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

Grand Rapids and Traverse City are both pretty nice
Ann Arbor is nice. Some of the most lenient pot laws in the country BEFORE it became medical
1 oz or less was a $25.00 misdemeanor for years. The Hash Bash has been going on for 30 years+

Cannis

Cannis

Ludington is nice, small runway but they keep it clean. Grand Haven as well and not too far from Grand Rapids/Large Airport. If you want to be close to a big lake you'll want to be some where on the West side of the State. Lake Michigan is by far the nicest of them all IMO, L. Superior is super cold year round. TC is nice but you will pay more to fly out of there. I don't know how local Law is with the bis in GH though.

420circuit

420circuit

That's cherry growing country along Lake MI, cold most of the year and lots of rain/snow, a far cry from SoCa and HI. I like to visit in the early summer and always have the cherry pie. Beautiful location. Weird cannabis politics in MI, good luck with that, the nonsense about concentrates and irrational grower regulations make it impossible to predict what will happen with the law. Depends what you are looking for, but that is a nice place when its not snowing.

SiestaM

SiestaM

I'm going to have to do more research on the local regulations Bc I love my concentrates.

SiestaM

SiestaM

Does anyone know about what the dispensaries are donating for top shelf indoor OG or similar in MI these days?

Top Bottom