Where To Get Top Shelf Flower In Denver? (og, Chem)

• Thread starter sbkg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I'm unfamiliar with the new ban rules. Am I going to get banned for reporting spammers and scammers, or do the scammers and spammers get banned?

So confusing.

I don't know man, seems pretty legit for half pounces...
Or he's the hungover cop who drew the short straw.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
lol, perhaps you were looking in the wrong spot. If you found 'decent' anything from a pedal cab then you are not at the right spot. Here is the non resident pot pyramid.

Farmer (this site)
/\
|
|
|
|
Legit MMC's discussed or reviewed here
|
|
|
|
|
ghetto MMC's
|
|
|
|
Craigslist tranny hooker pot
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
pedal taxi dirty hippy sweat sock bag

Hahaha I'm still laughing.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Probably because MI is like what CO was 6 years ago when it was a cottage industry and people still cared about quality over profit margins. If you want to keep smoking that fire vote NO on any "legalization" legislation.
This.....

S

SooperSmurph

Dispensaries are almost never worth the visit, unless you're more intrested in post cards and t-shirts than you are quality products.

DankyPanky

DankyPanky

I've had flower from a few places lately (Sweet Leaf and Green Solution and 14er) that was solid.

I have no affiliation with either, and didn't buy it myself, but the smoke/smell/look/feel was good.

YMMV.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I've had flower from a few places lately (14er) that was solid.

I have no affiliation with either, and didn't buy it myself, but the smoke/smell/look/feel was good.

YMMV.
You should cross two of those places off your list. I fixed your post, here is why:

The Green Solution: The company, which has nine dispensaries in Colorado, had plants put on hold because at one of its grows, the city found "Eagle 20 and other pesticides that may cause potential contamination and a potential health risk," according to the documents. Plants remain quarantined, but some of its dried product received a limited, conditional release as a result of testing by the Colorado Department of Agriculture. The released product is for smoking only, and customers must be informed at the point of sale that it is not suitable for human consumption in any other manner.

In an official statement, the company said it takes customer safety very seriously. "We have been working closely with city and state governmental officials to find a resolution to their concerns over pesticide use on cannabis product and have cooperated fully and openly in these efforts," the statement reads. "The pesticides we use on our cannabis products are approved for use on food similar to cannabis, such as hops, grapes, berries, and corn. We use the recommended and proper amounts of all substances, as determined by our team of plant-science experts and as established by product labeling. Pesticides in general are appropriately and safely used in cultivation to eliminate potentially harmful pests and disease from plants, including cannabis, which might otherwise harm consumers."

And:
Sweet Leaf: The company, which has three locations in Denver and one in Aurora, had plants put on hold after city officials found evidence of Eagle 20 at one of its facilities. "We're waiting to see the test results on it," says a Sweet Leaf spokesman. "We wouldn't put anything in our stores that wasn't safe."

Larisa Bolivar, the director of the Cannabis Consumers Coalition who filed the request for information on the city's investigations of the grows, says she understands the challenges that large-scale growing operations go through in regards to pests and fungi, but points out that those challenges are no excuse to cut corners.

“This is dangerous to public safety, and we need better testing policies that put consumer safety first," she said in a press release. "Retail cannabis is supposed to be tested for harmful pesticides, and there already exists a list of acceptable pesticides. This is at best gross negligence on behalf of the offending businesses that shows more concern for money than for safety."
from: http://www.westword.com/news/denver...use-of-banned-pesticides-holds-plants-6654706

DankyPanky

DankyPanky

Hey, if you guys have other recreationally available sources of dank, pesticide free, flower, conveniently available around Denver metro, priced competitively per ounce or less, then share away... I'm all ears.

Seriously. PM away if you don't want to post it. I'll happily refresh my list of sources and backups.

I'm small time, volume wise, and have about 10x as many friends as I ever do flower, and most of them aren't farmers nor do they buy large quantities at once. You have dank-assed $30 eights? $150 zips?

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

You should cross two of those places off your list. I fixed your post, here is why:

The Green Solution: The company, which has nine dispensaries in Colorado, had plants put on hold because at one of its grows, the city found "Eagle 20 and other pesticides that may cause potential contamination and a potential health risk," according to the documents. Plants remain quarantined, but some of its dried product received a limited, conditional release as a result of testing by the Colorado Department of Agriculture. The released product is for smoking only, and customers must be informed at the point of sale that it is not suitable for human consumption in any other manner.

In an official statement, the company said it takes customer safety very seriously. "We have been working closely with city and state governmental officials to find a resolution to their concerns over pesticide use on cannabis product and have cooperated fully and openly in these efforts," the statement reads. "The pesticides we use on our cannabis products are approved for use on food similar to cannabis, such as hops, grapes, berries, and corn. We use the recommended and proper amounts of all substances, as determined by our team of plant-science experts and as established by product labeling. Pesticides in general are appropriately and safely used in cultivation to eliminate potentially harmful pests and disease from plants, including cannabis, which might otherwise harm consumers."

And:
Sweet Leaf: The company, which has three locations in Denver and one in Aurora, had plants put on hold after city officials found evidence of Eagle 20 at one of its facilities. "We're waiting to see the test results on it," says a Sweet Leaf spokesman. "We wouldn't put anything in our stores that wasn't safe."

Larisa Bolivar, the director of the Cannabis Consumers Coalition who filed the request for information on the city's investigations of the grows, says she understands the challenges that large-scale growing operations go through in regards to pests and fungi, but points out that those challenges are no excuse to cut corners.

“This is dangerous to public safety, and we need better testing policies that put consumer safety first," she said in a press release. "Retail cannabis is supposed to be tested for harmful pesticides, and there already exists a list of acceptable pesticides. This is at best gross negligence on behalf of the offending businesses that shows more concern for money than for safety."
from: http://www.westword.com/news/denver...use-of-banned-pesticides-holds-plants-6654706

The state pesticide testing is the biggest crock of shit I've ever witnessed...a close friend had his 10,000 sq ft facility inspected...they took about a dozen samples from all stages of growth and had them tested. This is where it's fucked up. They combined ALL the samples and tested them together, to PARTS PER TRILLIONTH for pesticide residues. This isn't a matter of responsible use (the head growers had gone through all state-required applicator licensing and instruction), especially considering that the pesticide they failed for was on the CDA's approved pesticides list only two weeks before.

I take any of those reports with a grain of salt~ if you think it's such treachery to have a pesticide show up in your product you need to stop eating food from the grocery store, immediately. Because if the CDA treated conventional food like they do cannabis we would all be starving.

Parts per trillionth. AKA lets free up some licenses since we voted in a retarded moratorium.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Considering the amount of paraquat laden pot from mexico and south america I have smoked, pesticides are not that high up on my list of issues. My pot store of choice was on that list, eh, whatever, its still the only place I don't feel like I am getting ripped off; they hit the sweet spot on my price vs. "quality" curve. They are also the only dispo I have been in that outright said there is no best strain on the shelf, its just personal preference...that honesty goes a long way with me.

But who buys in stores anymore:) My own grows and those of all I know are pesticide free. I don't really knock the big guys for using them, different ballgame/environment. Thank you for not putting the pot in tires and driving around with it for a while and/or the various weird stuff that happened to pot back in the day, glad my lb's don't have chunks of rope or plastic in the middle.

edit: I should point out I don't think paraquat was just used in the 70's, and I also used it as an umbrella term for the mystery chems used in growing/eradicating mj in the 3rd world.

Last edited:
LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Hey, if you guys have other recreationally available sources of dank, pesticide free, flower, conveniently available around Denver metro, priced competitively per ounce or less, then share away... I'm all ears.

Seriously. PM away if you don't want to post it. I'll happily refresh my list of sources and backups.

I'm small time, volume wise, and have about 10x as many friends as I ever do flower, and most of them aren't farmers nor do they buy large quantities at once. You have dank-assed $30 eights? $150 zips?
I would be able to do $30 eighths and $150 zips all day every day, rec rules allow unlimited possession where the flower is grown, I have more full mason jars than I can count.
There is just one tiny little issue.
I'm not a drug dealer, and most farmers here don't peddle wares by the eighth or otherwise. I don't have the time or the patience to weigh out grams and eigths. If you have an extended plant count you could probably grab more, my red card allows me to possess 16 ounces so I would buy elbows wholesale. You can find decent outdoor around 1500, some shops sell zones for a benjamin, but some farmers charge $2000, $2500, and even $3000, and there are people who are willing to pay that when they see the quality of those flowers. Those are the organic pesticide free flowers that command the highest prices. If no pesticides is your only requirement, keep buying at the shops, they are more likely able to prove their claims of no pesticides etc. I don't think cash croppers will be easy for you to find due to the nature of the biz.
The state pesticide testing is the biggest crock of shit I've ever witnessed...a close friend had his 10,000 sq ft facility inspected...they took about a dozen samples from all stages of growth and had them tested. This is where it's fucked up. They combined ALL the samples and tested them together, to PARTS PER TRILLIONTH for pesticide residues. This isn't a matter of responsible use (the head growers had gone through all state-required applicator licensing and instruction), especially considering that the pesticide they failed for was on the CDA's approved pesticides list only two weeks before.

I take any of those reports with a grain of salt~ if you think it's such treachery to have a pesticide show up in your product you need to stop eating food from the grocery store, immediately. Because if the CDA treated conventional food like they do cannabis we would all be starving.

Parts per trillionth. AKA lets free up some licenses since we voted in a retarded moratorium.
BUT IT'S FOR THE CHILDREN
For the record, I agree with you, I can't stand when subpar shops that spend a lot on advertising get business that should go elsewhere for better product and better prices.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

I would be able to do $30 eighths and $150 zips all day every day, rec rules allow unlimited possession where the flower is grown, I have more full mason jars than I can count.
There is just one tiny little issue.
I'm not a drug dealer, and most farmers here don't peddle wares by the eighth or otherwise. I don't have the time or the patience to weigh out grams and eigths. If you have an extended plant count you could probably grab more, my red card allows me to possess 16 ounces so I would buy elbows wholesale. You can find decent outdoor around 1500, some shops sell zones for a benjamin, but some farmers charge $2000, $2500, and even $3000, and there are people who are willing to pay that when they see the quality of those flowers. Those are the organic pesticide free flowers that command the highest prices. If no pesticides is your only requirement, keep buying at the shops, they are more likely able to prove their claims of no pesticides etc. I don't think cash croppers will be easy for you to find due to the nature of the biz.

BUT IT'S FOR THE CHILDREN
For the record, I agree with you, I can't stand when subpar shops that spend a lot on advertising get business that should go elsewhere for better product and better prices.

...? When did I ever say that?

The best shops don't advertise...doesn't mean they still don't get fucked by the man. Most of the "shops" I know of are regular people who were ballsy/successful enough to step out of the gray/black market and into the legal side...a lot of the corrupt and greedy people have been weeded out and most of what I see in this state are either A) passionate, small-time shops (small time these days is still in the millions...success is success especially 6 yrs in) B) business people with well-structured and honest business practice, or C) multi-millionaire conservatives who found ways around the "locals only" law and are currently building 20+ million dollar grows. The latter is still in development, and while it may not seem like it, Colorado and California are the only states in the west that stand a chance against the corporate fucks looking to control this industry. I understand if you're bitter against successful dispensaries, but a lot of those people bought into this to change something...the money grubbers had their day and the ones left are generally the ones that had the passion to begin with. That will change very, VERY soon though and us businesses that have been here for years and years are going to continue to fight to keep our rights as small time growers, even if the context has changed.

Last edited:
LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

...? When did I ever say that?

The best shops don't advertise...doesn't mean they still don't get fucked by the man. Most of the "shops" I know of are regular people who were ballsy/successful enough to step out of the gray/black market and into the legal side...a lot of the corrupt and greedy people have been weeded out and most of what I see in this state are either A) passionate, small-time shops (small time these days is still in the millions...success is success especially 6 yrs in) B) business people with well-structured and honest business practice, or C) multi-millionaire conservatives who found ways around the "locals only" law and are currently building 20+ million dollar grows. The latter is still in development, and while it may not seem like it, Colorado and California are the only states in the west that stand a chance against the corporate fucks looking to control this industry. I understand if you're bitter against successful dispensaries, but a lot of those people bought into this to change something...the money grubbers had their day and the ones left are generally the ones that had the passion to begin with. That will change very, VERY soon though and us businesses that have been here for years and years are going to continue to fight to keep our rights as small time growers, even if the context has changed.
You didn't, I quoted another post.

For the record, I agree with everything you posted. I think we'll see another green rush when MMC's figure out how to replace HID with actual sunlight, but I don't see how they can stay 'secure' unless they have prison-style perimeters. Drones aren't supposed to fly private property or otherwise view private property that can't be seen from public spaces, but something tells me those policies would be ignored or wouldn't apply to LEO. Who shoots down the first DEA drone?

scoop

scoop

Along with A, B, and C we also have "D".....aka....those of us who paved the way and who aren't getting out of the way no matter what the laws say. I'm not ashamed to say I made mine...that it was a lot of fun...and that I'm glad I did it all before it became such a regulated business model and most of the fun was stripped from the game.

As the lines blur further....all anyone can really do now is plant another row in honor of all of the new high-rollers...just like we did for the Cops in the old days.

good luck to all...whatever side of the fence you stand on.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Along with A, B, and C we also have "D".....aka....those of us who paved the way and who aren't getting out of the way no matter what the laws say. I'm not ashamed to say I made mine...that it was a lot of fun...and that I'm glad I did it all before it became such a regulated business model and most of the fun was stripped from the game.

As the lines blur further....all anyone can really do now is plant another row in honor of all of the new high-rollers...just like we did for the Cops in the old days.

good luck to all...whatever side of the fence you stand on.
Everyone should do that.

Top Bottom