Where to place a dehumidifier?

• Thread starter benjones
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

benjones

Where to place a dehumidifier

Evening all

I have just purchased a more powerful dehumidifier as my last one wasn’t strong enough . Would anyone know the best place for it please . This is my set up in the pic above .

Am I supposed to be extracting the hot dehumidifier air out of the room as since I turned it on the heat has gone up to 29c even though the AC is set to 18c . I use to have Ac set to 24 and it would stay there .

I could place it so the hot air is extracted but is this defeating the purpose of the dehumidifier?

B

benjones

the AC is on the left , high up on the wall . the fresh air coming into the room is at the bottom left of the room and is aimed at the back wall where there is a wall fan about 6 foot up the wall . the 2 extraction fans are about 6 foot high on the wall on the right side .

the 3 question mark are the possibilities of where i can place the dehumidifier .

Madmax

Madmax

Yes .your dehuey is going to add heat to the room.you Need to try and set it up so your extraction fanscome on when your room hits 80 f that’s about 26.6 deg c..I know where you are so I reckon you got to get that ac coming on when it hits 26.6…I don’t run no hotter .I have 2 dehueys x 250w one is on the floor which reads higher when it rains than the one I’ve put just below canopy level off the ground .both are at the front of my room in middle and one in the corner.in you setup I’d say it would work best smack bang in the middle.

B

benjones

thanks @Madmax

today was my first test using it . i have the AC on 24/7 at 18c and the dehuey was on all the time as well as a 6 and 8 inch extraction fans on all the time .

the temps never went below 28.5c , the humidity stayed at 50% , and i went into the room a few hours ago and the humidity was still 50% which was good , but the temps 26c . i am finding it hard to reduce temps now that the dehuey is in there .

is it a problem to have the extraction fans on all the time ?

thanks for replying

B

benjones

on my last grow without a proper dehuey i could reduce the heat no problem and have the 2 fans on 24/7

Madmax

Madmax

thanks @Madmax

today was my first test using it . i have the AC on 24/7 at 18c and the dehuey was on all the time as well as a 6 and 8 inch extraction fans on all the time .

the temps never went below 28.5c , the humidity stayed at 50% , and i went into the room a few hours ago and the humidity was still 50% which was good , but the temps 26c . i am finding it hard to reduce temps now that the dehuey is in there .

thanks for replying
Yeah ..I know what you mean.my exhaust fan doesn’t run 24/7 ..I have that plugged into an inkbird set at 26.2.and fan comes on at 26.7 .it comes on every 1.00 to 1.20 most times and runs for 1.30 etc.at lights on and off I have to manually set it but it can run through a wifi setup so I don’t have to go in there.by the time the humidity rises the fan cuts on..it works out pretty good..

B

benjones

Yeah ..I know what you mean.my exhaust fan doesn’t run 24/7 ..I have that plugged into an inkbird set at 26.2.and fan comes on at 26.7 .it comes on every 1.00 to 1.20 most times and runs for 1.30 etc.at lights on and off I have to manually set it but it can run through a wifi setup so I don’t have to go in there.by the time the humidity rises the fan cuts on..it works out pretty good..
thanks mate , i think i will see if i can get an inkbird here . i do have a controller on one of the fans but i don't use it, the other fan doesn't have one , so an inkbird would be better

cheers

Scotty420

Scotty420

thanks @Madmax

thanks for replying
I would assume the issue is as soon as you cool/dehumidify the air you're sucking it right out via the exhaust fans. The dehumidifier should make the AC's job easier. When you figure AC loads for a space you consider sensible heat (heat that raises the temperature of the air) as well as latent heat (heat used solely to change the state of a substance, in this case water). Your dehumidifier will add a little sensible heat, but it should be seriously reducing the latent load on your AC.

Madmax

Madmax

thanks mate , i think i will see if i can get an inkbird here . i do have a controller on one of the fans but i don't use it, the other fan doesn't have one , so an inkbird would be better

cheers
It’s just an option for you to consider ..I reckon if you can get the heat under control with the ac if you can set it to come on when she’s hot in there.your plants look good considering the heat.i bet your temps and humidity don’t change too much right through the yr in Thailand..one thing is your seeds from that area would b acclimatised to the heat .hope you can work something out bud..

B

benjones

It’s just an option for you to consider ..I reckon if you can get the heat under control with the ac if you can set it to come on when she’s hot in there.your plants look good considering the heat.i bet your temps and humidity don’t change too much right through the yr in Thailand..one thing is your seeds from that area would b acclimatised to the heat .hope you can work something out bud..
Thanks mate . Just going to have to try different configurations .

Without the dehuey the room was a constant 24c but rh at lights out goes up to 75 ish

I’ve only run it for one day so far . I might vent the hot fry air in as fresh air as the fresh air going in now is hot and humid anyway

We’ll see how it goes

seafoodgumbo

seafoodgumbo

Thanks mate . Just going to have to try different configurations .

Without the dehuey the room was a constant 24c but rh at lights out goes up to 75 ish

I’ve only run it for one day so far . I might vent the hot fry air in as fresh air as the fresh air going in now is hot and humid anyway

We’ll see how it goes
Any updates for the board?
I'm currently facing these same issues and would like to know how this turned out for you.
Thanks

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ Indica
Supporter
View attachment 1339055

Evening all

I have just purchased a more powerful dehumidifier as my last one wasn’t strong enough . Would anyone know the best place for it please . This is my set up in the pic above .

Am I supposed to be extracting the hot dehumidifier air out of the room as since I turned it on the heat has gone up to 29c even though the AC is set to 18c . I use to have Ac set to 24 and it would stay there .

I could place it so the hot air is extracted but is this defeating the purpose of the dehumidifier?
Your lung room is ideal imo

Latest posts

Top Bottom