Where to place mini split indoor unit in this setup?

• Thread starter BrosephStalin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BrosephStalin

So I have a 29ft by 8ft6in sealed room with 7k watts in non air cooled adjust-a-wings, a 4burner c02 genny and santa fe dehuey being setup as shown in the picture. Ballasts are mounted in a separate room.
I have a trusted hvac friend installing a 36k btu Mitsubishi mr slim mini split. I was thinking of putting the indoor unit on the top wall in the middle of the row of 6kw. To me that seems it would have the best even coverage of the room.
He thinks it would be better to put it on the far left wall above the dehuey. He thinks it will be powerfull enough to cycle to room without have hot or cold areas in the room better.
He has no experience with grow rooms and this is my first sealed room, so I'm looking for some insight from people who have done this before. Thanks.
Where to place mini split indoor unit in this setup

blazer

blazer

You would be better off with two units probably opposite each other on further walls facing inboard!

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Ask cannabis john in the a/c thread he will know for sure but i beleive blazer is right 2-24k units would be better and offer a little redundancy in case 1 unit goes down,1-36k unit is marginal and if it goes down your boned.

treebark1950

treebark1950

I run 7k AW and I have a hard time keeping it cool with burner and my dehuy running in late flower, below 83 as it warms up in the summer, and I run a 31k btu and a 12k air-handler per room, 2 separate units.

2x 24k btus on each end would be super dope!

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

I agree with the posters above about 2 units. Again a 36k unit is very borderline depending upon ur climate. So either get 2 units or follow my directions under my thread.

David Harritz

David Harritz

Nice setup there dude. You can put the mini split on the wall which is quite empty and there will not be a problem at all. This is just my assumption as there are some room near to the wall.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

could always do a unit like this and have as many drops as you want...where you want. 4.5ton Same 2 little copper lines for a penetration is all.

bobby

bobby

I ran a 30k btu and 18k btu LG mini split ($4 or 5k) with 8 AAW fixtures with 3 70 pint dehumidifiers and the AC wouldn't keep it below 80, so I had to air cool the lights to get it to 75. But my condensers were also inside the warehouse (on top of the room), so that could have been a factor, but still. Why don't you go with a non minisplit..just a regular split AC? Get a 3.5 ton.

Top Bottom