Where to top this plant

• Thread starter KYSEAN
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KYSEAN

KYSEAN

This is my first indoor grow and became a test and practice grow. After over watering, the first two sets of branches started dying so I scooped the plant out of the soil which was wet and replaced the soil with dry soil. I replanted the plant in the dry soil and it started growing again and doing well. The bottom two sets of branches wilted and turned brown so I removed them. I want to top the plant but am not sure now where to top. Do I still count the first two nodes where I removed the sets of branches? Thanks for any help

Where to top this plant

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

this plant is stressed and not putting out any side branch growth I wouldn't even be thinking of topping right now

High5_it_in

High5_it_in

I would let it be and let it grow out a lot more. Then when it has 7-8 or more nodes and is really healthy you can top it deep anyway. Capulator eluded to his Deep topping technique on the bean basement The technique makes for stronger branches and a sturdy frame. "At 6 or 8 nodes I top to 4. Seedlings have even nodes for a while. Symmetrical." I've been deep topping ever since and I like it

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

this plant is stressed and not putting out any side branch growth I wouldn't even be thinking of topping right now
I would let it be and let it grow out a lot more. Then when it has 7-8 or more nodes and is really healthy you can top it deep anyway. Capulator eluded to his Deep topping technique on the bean basement The technique makes for stronger branches and a sturdy frame. "At 6 or 8 nodes I top to 4. Seedlings have even nodes for a while. Symmetrical." I've been deep topping ever since and I like it

Agreed! Let the plant settle into its new media and reestablish. I would wait until node 7 to top.

Top Bottom