Where to top?

• Thread starter jagle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jagle

jagle

ok guys, have a plant, few weeks old wanna top it.
its outside and i wanna just try this technique, dunno the sex of the plant so this is more for practice, have more growing indoors.

now im not sure weather to cut at the red yellow or blue line.

the blue line removes everything from the last set of leafs off
yellow line keeps those baby sprouts where the first stem comes off the main
red line removes just the top of the top, dunno if this is topping or fim'ing isnt it?

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Monstre
desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

It depends on what kind of a top you want. If you want your new leader to be the growth tip below your thumb, cut at the blue line. If you want 4-6 new tops coming out of upcoming new growth, then the red line.

Blue line will be a stronger plant structure, with less main colas. Red will be weaker structurally (will need supports) but with more colas....

jagle

jagle

haha 2 or 4, hmm i have no problem throwing down some bamboo if i get 4 times the possible colas

thanks for the input, any time of day better?

D

DixinCider

It depends on what kind of a top you want. If you want your new leader to be the growth tip below your thumb, cut at the blue line. If you want 4-6 new tops coming out of upcoming new growth, then the red line.

Blue line will be a stronger plant structure, with less main colas. Red will be weaker structurally (will need supports) but with more colas....
i would just top the plants to start with, and you can top them at anytime. i would stop top 3-4 days before flower.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

i would just top the plants to start with, and you can top them at anytime. i would stop top 3-4 days before flower.

i cant figure out what this means/or its relevance to what you quoted from me.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Topping

You are right, I'd suggest the FIM or red line. That way the rest of the plant will be trying to catch up to the top in height and you'll receive several tops. Good Luck hope its a female

mal

D

DixinCider

must have hit the wrong quote, my bad.. lol
this is a stoner forum mistakes happen

Top Bottom