Where's all the Arizona growmies?

• Thread starter Whiskydrunk420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
smuthop8tr

smuthop8tr

What's up growmies . Looking to network with the other Arizona growers in my area . Ive found out here most Arizonans prefer shitty dispensary weed instead of growing their own. We need to change this .
Hey now what's goin on Gromy I read your post and I'm down with the networking thing/ I live outside of prescott/ I'll wait to hear back from you

Whiskydrunk420

Whiskydrunk420

Hey now what's goin on Gromy I read your post and I'm down with the networking thing/ I live outside of prescott/ I'll wait to hear back from you
Prescott is on the cool side of az right? What's up man , is it easier to grow on that side ?

smuthop8tr

smuthop8tr

Prescott is on the cool side of az right? What's up man , is it easier to grow on that side ?
thanks for getting back to me,living up here makes it easier to control your environment because my temps really never go above the low 100's, however I don't grow during the summer fall and spring are my targets/
i think it would be awesome for a group of us serious gromies to get together once a month to exchange ideas and establish working relationships I know from experience there have been times I could've used some input to help me through situations that arise and they usually do throughout the growing process/ any ideas or suggestions?

Whiskydrunk420

Whiskydrunk420

thanks for getting back to me,living up here makes it easier to control your environment because my temps really never go above the low 100's, however I don't grow during the summer fall and spring are my targets/
i think it would be awesome for a group of us serious gromies to get together once a month to exchange ideas and establish working relationships I know from experience there have been times I could've used some input to help me through situations that arise and they usually do throughout the growing process/ any ideas or suggestions?
Yeah that's a great idea . I've been growing 4 years and have pretty much figured it out on my own . My brother is a master growers but just gives a suggestion here or there . Started in soil and moved on to coco year around growing . I always have issues every grow with height , I get light bleach here and there , but I'm going back to organic nutes to save room . I'll beable to get rid of my grow table since I won't have Todo drain to waste anymore. Yeah I'm hoping to assemble a group of growers to bounce things off of and genetics I'm always on a pheno hunt .

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

What's up growmies . Looking to network with the other Arizona growers in my area . Ive found out here most Arizonans prefer shitty dispensary weed instead of growing their own. We need to change this .
I'm up in north Phoenix just south of Anthem. Started growing January of last year when it became legal to grow here. Had a terrible crop of 4 autos in a 4x4 - only yielded 3 ounces - but I learned a lot. (And bought more and more stuff, then bought more better stuff, like meters and pumps).

My second crop (soil, photoperiods) yielded 18 oz in my 4x4, so I made progress. Now I'm late in flower on my 3rd crop, a coco coir DTW system with 4 Sour Diesels.

Along the way I've bought a rotary trimmer, a nugsmasher mini, and a set of sifting screens. Tried them all, with relatively poor results so far. Hoping my 3rd crop will do the trick as it is looking big, and good.

It's taken me a year, but I've mostly managed to control everything through this latest crop. So mostly have a decent growing system. The challenge next is drying in the Phoenix environment. I laugh with despair when I read about hanging up my crop in a room with 50%RH and 65F. I might be able to get that around January some of the time. My first crop was bone-dry in 2 days. After that I started experimenting with ways to slow down the drying process. Leaving fan leaves. Drying at least part of the time in a paper bag in a refrigerator. Wrapping my drying colas in plastic bags.

Open to suggestions. I'll be drying in May, not a month known for good drying conditions for cannabis, unless you like the taste of hay.

Whiskydrunk420

Whiskydrunk420

I'm up in north Phoenix just south of Anthem. Started growing January of last year when it became legal to grow here. Had a terrible crop of 4 autos in a 4x4 - only yielded 3 ounces - but I learned a lot. (And bought more and more stuff, then bought more better stuff, like meters and pumps).

My second crop (soil, photoperiods) yielded 18 oz in my 4x4, so I made progress. Now I'm late in flower on my 3rd crop, a coco coir DTW system with 4 Sour Diesels.

Along the way I've bought a rotary trimmer, a nugsmasher mini, and a set of sifting screens. Tried them all, with relatively poor results so far. Hoping my 3rd crop will do the trick as it is looking big, and good.

It's taken me a year, but I've mostly managed to control everything through this latest crop. So mostly have a decent growing system. The challenge next is drying in the Phoenix environment. I laugh with despair when I read about hanging up my crop in a room with 50%RH and 65F. I might be able to get that around January some of the time. My first crop was bone-dry in 2 days. After that I started experimenting with ways to slow down the drying process. Leaving fan leaves. Drying at least part of the time in a paper bag in a refrigerator. Wrapping my drying colas in plastic bags.

Open to suggestions. I'll be drying in May, not a month known for good drying conditions for cannabis, unless you like the taste of hay.
I've got this drying down here in Phoenix. I use my Central air-conditioning when drying I keep my room where my tent is at 68-70° I've got a cheap Walmart humidifier that is outside the tent as long as I'm at 40%-50% I'm fine with that . Drying too fast sucks the life out of the crop. It does have it's challenges here , I tried out doors last year that didn't go well which is fine I'm not too big on outdoor growing too many possible issues from pest to tweekers to nosey ass ppl around me . It will help to also buy 63% two way humidity packs for after drying it will help keep your jars stable during the curing.

elobrand

elobrand

West Phoenix here. Been on the west side most of the time. Started growing this year in hydro (first for hydro - have done dirt but not very good). I have a couple of Gelato going in a 4x5 tent. I have a grow diary on the forums and things are growing good.

And as far a drying, I don't know. High temps and low humidity here are troublesome.

Also, yes dispensaries here have been cruddy for me. I got some that smelled and tasted of mold. But I can get 1/8ths for $40 average. But it's that.

Whiskydrunk420

Whiskydrunk420

West Phoenix here. Been on the west side most of the time. Started growing this year in hydro (first for hydro - have done dirt but not very good). I have a couple of Gelato going in a 4x5 tent. I have a grow diary on the forums and things are growing good.

And as far a drying, I don't know. High temps and low humidity here are troublesome.

Also, yes dispensaries here have been cruddy for me. I got some that smelled and tasted of mold. But I can get 1/8ths for $40 average. But it's that.
Yeah they are shady and pricey! It seems there's only a few companies supplying the disp. I received a cartridge with mold in it . Nasty shit , the weed sucks here also . Your definitely better off running your own tent . Good to see more new growers popping up everyday keep up the work brother . I've heard about them selling clones for alot , it's easier to clone your own

IMG 20220409 144422468
IMG 20220409 144442255
IMG 20220409 151336827
AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

Fuck, 98 for the next 2 days. Not good for my outdoor autos. My 2 photos are killing it. I had some hiccups with watering and I don’t think my my roots are deep enough to stay cool. I gotta put my shade up! I really hate these autos outside, still stunting and hating life. My soil is good but watering in ground is way different than pots and I haven’t found the sweet spot. Deuces

Erfling

Erfling

Anybody else mess around with extracts? I did that thing this week where I put fresh live hash rosin into a sealed jam jar and bake it at 200F for 2hrs. You know, you seen it on the internet. I wanted to check out heat cure. I kept it sealed for 4 days at 70F while it stayed under pressure, the lid was bulging. I forgot to take a pic but it was like warm syrup while at 70F. It wouldn't stay on the tool so I whipped it for 20 seconds. It stayed on the tool well enough but then went back to syrup with bubbles trapped inside. If it's supposed to make me forgot my password, it worked. It's still too early to tell if I like this style of cure or not. Anybody else try heat curing live hash rosin? I read it doesn't work well with flower rosin but what do I know?

Heat cured pic 1 6 3 22
Heat cured pic 2 6 3 22
Heat cure pic 3 6 3 22
N

nathanjr

Greetings presently. I moved from Texas to Flagstaff last year and am a couple weeks into flower on my first grow ever (so go easy on me). I’m growing Mandarin Sunset from Ethos Genetics seeds, purchased from seedsherenow, in a 3x3 tent. We’ll have to wait and see how she smokes, but so far so good. I already want to get another/bigger tent. I experimented with different trim methods on each plant but they still bushed out more than I expected.

I have the opposite problem as you guys in the valley. I‘m growing in the basement and had to wait until it warmed up enough to start my grow. Now that I somewhat know what I’m doing, I’m going to try adding a heater to the tent to keep growing through the winter.

2F6967B1 49D9 4DBA 9B86 9F268B0CA17F
460E66AE FEAF 4754 B531 3D5D30B1BE78

Top Bottom