Which awesome movies have you watched recently?

• Thread starter NagaKing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DismalDude

DismalDude

Trollhunter was FANTASTIC!

Django Unchained was, in my honest opinion, to this point, Tarantino's masterpiece work. Even moreso than Pulp Fiction. Maybe it's due to how I grew up, but Django was just incredible.

I just watched The Place Beyond the Pines. Interesting, but not as heavy as I expected. One of my FAVORITE movies is The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou, seriously flippin' love that movie.

I'm drawing a blank on the rest of 'em. No, I say let's have a Dave Legeno moment and watch Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.
I'm a huuuuuge fan of Bill Murray,he's just brilliant!I'm glad you enjoyed Troll Hunter,I went into that one thinking terrible B movie but it was great!
If you don't watch any of the others I would just say you must watch The Way!Stars Martin Sheen and directed by Emilio Estevez.I dare say it is in my top 5 favorites of all time.
Django was pretty good and Lock,Stock and Two Smoking Barrels was great! :)

Funkstarfish

Funkstarfish

Django Unchained was, in my honest opinion, to this point, Tarantino's masterpiece work. Even moreso than Pulp Fiction. Maybe it's due to how I grew up, but Django was just incredible.

I just watched The Place Beyond the Pines. Interesting, but not as heavy as I expected. One of my FAVORITE movies is The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou, seriously flippin' love that movie.

I'm drawing a blank on the rest of 'em. No, I say let's have a Dave Legeno moment and watch Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

Life aquatic is amazing...

I would recommend the movie "Her" to any of the hopeless romantics. Its a Spike Jonez love story. what more can ya ask for. Its a philosophical pleasure.

pinegrovedave

pinegrovedave

Not even an "Honorable Mention" to "John Adams" darlin'?...IMHO Paul Giametti's greatest performance to date, not to mention an excellent, EXCELLENT movie....So much so, that we bought it on Blu-Ray after viewing it on television.

iCultivate

iCultivate

Aussie film called 'Tracks' is incredible. Very inspiring.

-- iCultivate --

DismalDude

DismalDude

I have to add one more of my all time favorites,especially with the recent passing of James Garner who was one of the greats.
It's an old one and most have seen it but if you haven't you're missing out.

The Notebook

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Old move but really good, The worlds fastest Indian....
Anthony Hopkins plays a New Zealander who has an Indian motorcycle and comes to the US.
He buys a 54 chevy, like my hot rod, and heads to Salt Lake Bonneville salt flats

grayarea

grayarea

City of God and Blow are both quality movies IMO.

blow is a joke compared to city of god . Too much flare and predictable cheap shots in blow and it never shows anything from any of the kids perspective it just shows the main characters as kids in pron style. Don't like how they DELETED all the children in the blow movie and tried to act like only adults use coke lol its almost like they deleted all the scenes were the kids rob the parents and friends for drugs on purpose just so the parents could watch the movie alone with out them..... city of god didn't delete the kids . It let them delete each other. harder to watch from a spectators point of view but the end result on society is usually better then when its only parents deleting kids to comfort themselves or to protect there drugs/money like in blow .

Last edited:
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Not even an "Honorable Mention" to "John Adams" darlin'?...IMHO Paul Giametti's greatest performance to date, not to mention an excellent, EXCELLENT movie....So much so, that we bought it on Blu-Ray after viewing it on television.
I thought I mentioned it in my first post in this thread.. Well, if I didn't, here we go!

e4ian

e4ian

Expendables 3 is quite awesome.. "lotta dosh there" lol

^city of god is 10/10 imo :)

slumdog80

slumdog80

I saw the The Immigrant and It's All gone Pete Tong last week and were both very much worth watching.

A free site popcorntime.eu has been working good and is definitely safe to download. It's a free netflix type
of deal with all the new movies.

grayarea

grayarea

The Matrix was good when it came out. Even more so now that it appears more likely than not that our universe is actually a simulation of other intelligent life. Try wrapping your head around that one!

simulation video games help .

grayarea

grayarea

if you want to watch an amazing chinese epic, watch the curse of the golden flower. visually spectacular and full of complex twisted social dynamics.

reminds me of a mr nice seed description . but better . sounds like a good movie . funny how movie descriptions work better for movies then plants or people.

way2green

way2green

Wristcreasl Story
Beasts of the Southern Wild

Don't ask me about new flicks, I only ever watch 'em once they come out on Directv because I HATE going to the movies. Fuckers charge you a God damned arm and a leg, and THEN they show you a fucked up film! All full of holes, breaks, burns, notched, all kinda fucked up shit. Why you charge me FULL fucking price to show me a FUCKED UP film, huh? I'll pay less and enjoy myself more AT HOME, ya assholes.

Oohh... sorry about that.
Sea maiden? Wtf? Having a bad day. You are my voice of reason. Take a breath

Top Bottom