Which brand of T-5 lights are the best?

• Thread starter bebra
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bebra

Good morning,
I am a brand new indoor grower and am getting ready to plan my garden and purchase the lights. Any ideas on which brand of T-5 lights are the best? Also I got my GSC seeds from Bud depot in BC They germinated fine so wish me luck I paid a pretty penny for them!

sixstring

sixstring

I run the badboy12 bulb and love it.i also have a bunch of 8 bulb hydrofarm units and they are very reliable. Gl

Max Frost

Max Frost

I've got a 4' - 4-bulb Bad Boy T-5 in a 2'x4' tent and it's a great light. They do put off more heat than a standard T-5 though, but it's still quite manageable with the 4-tube fixture. The 12 and 16 bulb fixtures have GOT to be throwing some serious heat though!

For my flowering rig, I've decided to go with the UNO XHO T-5. It's the most powerful T-5 on the market right now when using the Himalaya bulbs. They are a 110 watt bulb. The 4-bulb fixture gives off an impressive 33,200 lumens (impressive for a 4-tube floro, IMO). The real thing about the UNO is that it's supposed to have much better penetration than any previous T-5. To me, penetration has always been the weak link with the T-5's. It'll be interesting to see just what kind of performance it'll offer for flowering.

Best,

Max :wacky:

Top Bottom