Which brands of coco do u use?

• Thread starter jimmygreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jimmygreen

I have been using Cana for the past couple years but my local shop doesn't carry Cana anymore! Any comparable suggestions?

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
I heard Atami is good but at the shop near me it is like 27.00 a bag
I like canna, I ran a runoff test with canna, botanicare, dutchmans, and basement.
The results came out 150, 1650, 1000,1300.
Canna wins for me. If my shop quit carrying it I'd go somewhere else for coco.

homebrew420

homebrew420

I have used Botanicare, General Hydro, Canna, Gold label, and some brand that looked like it had been on the shelf for at least 4 years at some garden shop in town. Never rinsed any of them. They all worked great and any problems I had with my grows were my own. Never an issue.

Peace

altimood

altimood

Switched from canna to Dutchmen from Sanctuary soil and feed and it is great.

S

shibbyshawn

I am going with a local company that makes killer soil, they are the people that roots tries to ripoff but can't. their shit is shipped straight from sri lanka to oregon where they rinse it for up to a year and add lime to it to buffer the shizz. It comes out @ 60 ppm and 7.0 ph str8 from the bag. The most important part of this process is that their coco never goes to California and therefore doesn't pick up bugs. It makes sense when you think about it, California is the number one produce of fruits and veggies in the states and it is mostly big corporate agra setups that spray the shit out of their crops with everything under the sun. This practice combined with Cali's sweet environment breeds tons of bugs and it breeds bugs with a tolerance for pesticides......and besides that the shit is 10 bucks for 40l.

Lowman

Lowman

I am going with a local company that makes killer soil, they are the people that roots tries to ripoff but can't. their shit is shipped straight from sri lanka to oregon where they rinse it for up to a year and add lime to it to buffer the shizz. It comes out @ 60 ppm and 7.0 ph str8 from the bag. The most important part of this process is that their coco never goes to California and therefore doesn't pick up bugs. It makes sense when you think about it, California is the number one produce of fruits and veggies in the states and it is mostly big corporate agra setups that spray the shit out of their crops with everything under the sun. This practice combined with Cali's sweet environment breeds tons of bugs and it breeds bugs with a tolerance for pesticides......and besides that the shit is 10 bucks for 40l.

Don't tell us the brand name...or the name of the company. Keep it all to yourself. Thats what forums are for. Not sharing information.

U

UGK 4 Life

Don't tell us the brand name...or the name of the company. Keep it all to yourself. Thats what forums are for. Not sharing information.

Hahaha right? Hmm...I've bought coco in CA for four years now and not one bug, EVER. Sounds like someones been drinkin the kool-aid. Or maybe its shibbyshawn coco?!?

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I've tryed B'Cuzz & it's super salty with 1700 ppm runoff rite out the bag so u can't use it rite out the bag, I've tryed Black Gold pure coco also & ppm runoff was 1300 rite out the bag so don't use that ether without a good flush, my best results was with Black Gold coco the kind that is cut with perlite & other stuff it's only 50% coco but when I use it rite out the bag the plants stay happy so I've never tested the runoff.. U can use this 1 rite out the bag without a flush its my favorite so far

J

Jellybean

gold label *the special mix* , clean as fuck.

edit - after using roots organix it was nice not fighting bugs half the time....

P

Ptone

Hahaha right? Hmm...I've bought coco in CA for four years now and not one bug, EVER. Sounds like someones been drinkin the kool-aid. Or maybe its shibbyshawn coco?!?

I have to agree. Royal Gold is shipped straight from Sir Lanka to Arcata, CA where its rinsed and sterilized. Never had a problem with bugs... and its only $10/bag...

S

shibbyshawn

Oregon's constant gardener, in Eugene......they sell their shit under harvest moon locally and nectar of the gods nationally.....don't know if you can score the soil or the coco out of state. Google them, call em up and find out.

The kool-aid tastes funny.

I wasn't trying to be elusive, I just forgot to add that detail, as far as the Cali theory, I'm just passing along info provided to me by a few of the local store owner's here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom