Which Calcium + Magnesium Supplement Do You Recommend To Use In Coco?

• Thread starter ThcFarmer1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

ThcFarmer1

What kind of Calcium + Magnesium nutritional supplement do you recommend for growing in coco and for what reason? Is there any difference at all between these popular calmag supplements?

I've been using 2.5 parts Canna Mono Calcium and 1 part Canna Mono Magnesium so far (not the liquid itself, but actual calcium and magnesium in it), but it sucks to mix them in seperately every time.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
You can use calcium carbonate and Epsom salts if you want the calcium and mg without the extra nitrogen. Both are cheap powders and will last you many years. No reason to pay for water filled bottles. Also you can control the ratio of calcium to mg. Most Calmags are 4:1.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
You can use calcium carbonate and Epsom salts if you want the calcium and mg without the extra nitrogen. Both are cheap powders and will last you many years. No reason to pay for water filled bottles. Also you can control the ratio of calcium to mg. Most Calmags are 4:1.

Strait up this. Period.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

You can also get a water report from your water department, and check the ingredients of your main nutes, and see if it's even necessary. People use cal-mag likes its some sort of magic bullet, when in most cases, it's not needed. Every place I've ever been, there is calcium in the water from the tap.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
You can also get a water report from your water department, and check the ingredients of your main nutes, and see if it's even necessary. People use cal-mag likes its some sort of magic bullet, when in most cases, it's not needed. Every place I've ever been, there is calcium in the water from the tap.
Very true but I use flitered(ro) water and have to add back in my cal and mag to start with.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Very true but I use flitered(ro) water and have to add back in my cal and mag to start with.
Don't forget about wood ashes. They are full of nutrients and can buffer things nicely. I use ashes as well as Epsom salts, which covers just about every nute needed except Nitrogen. Go for the green!!

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Yeah, with RO water you definitely need to be thoughtful about it. Many brands of nutes I have used already contain cal-mag, making the addition of cal-mag unnecessary. You also don't need a whole lot of it.

Haricot Vert

Haricot Vert

Does calcium carbonate work as fast as calcium nitrate when using the coco in more of a hydroponic vs amended way? I always thought there was some lag time or inefficiency with the carbonate.

hyzerflip

hyzerflip

My local water is clean so I use tap instead of cal-mag. Most tap has plenty of both when combined with nutrients.

Top Bottom