Which Do Yo Prefer For Vegging ... Bubble Tray or UC Buckets ...

• Thread starter UC Quest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UC Quest

UC Quest

Hello fellow UC Growers :)

I am new to the UC Scene but have jumped in with both feet. Flipped rooms, 20 buckets in each room with 26 1k lights in each room.

I have started my UC Quest with Vegging in a 4 x 8 bubble tray. It's working but I keep thinking would I have been better off vegging in a 24 bucket 8 gallon UC system.

If space is not a concern, which way do you prefer, actual UC 8 gallon bucket system or bubble tray for your vegging ?

Why do you prefer your chosen preference ?

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Cost and everything aside UC buckets hands down. I've ran both and have went back to vegging in the UC. I still like to get the roots going in the pots a little first before bubble tray or UC.

UC Quest

UC Quest

Thanks, this confirms my thoughts. The bubble tray just doesn't seem to simulate the UC buckets very well at all.

Have you any experience with cloning machines in getting nice long roots to put in the 8" net pots ?

Alice D

Alice D

Ya I've tried to make the bubble tray work but I can never time it right and my roots end up intertwining themselves either with each other or around air stones and air line. When this happens its a major pain to not tear any roots. If your only going to have your net pots in the bubble tray for a week or maybe two you might be alright but it's a huge luxury to be able to pull a top off a veg UC and transfer it into the flower room. The time you loose to stress any other way besides UC to UC makes it worth it to just add rooted net pots in your system when the time comes. Although I am trying to veg some individually in 5 gl buckets with a hole cut in the lid for the net pot this time. Need to suck it up and get another UC for veg soon.

B

bobby34

If you check the CC website they are introducing the solo pro soon which is an 8 Pot bubbly tray!. Looks good but no price as of yet!.

Top Bottom