which is better?

• Thread starter 420alldaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420alldaze

420alldaze

hi everyone, i have a question which i have found variable answers. which light is better for veg? 1000 w hps? or 400 w mh? i have looked and found numerous answers and no real straight answer. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks

half baked

half baked

i suppose the best thing to do is use the 400 till the plants are established them swap for the 1000 so they go crazy lol thats what id do bro

peace hb

p.s. see you like bob marley haha

420alldaze

420alldaze

whats up hb? thats kinda what im leaning towards. and yes all bob marley all sublime ne thing goood. thanks bro peacentreez

G

Gartner

Marijuana lighting for Indoor

Without Proper lighting's the plants cannot grow, the watts/ intensity of light depends up on the temperature of your room, also the distance you maintain above the plant. Example you can go for 1000 watts intensity of lights at a distance of 50 to 75cm above the plant and 30 to 45cm distance above the plant for 400w.
hope you are clear now, also Lights with different spectrums are being used, Light with blue spectrum is the one i use and i feel its better for my buds as it maintain the temperature :harvest:

G

Gartner

Marijuana lighting for Indoor

With out proper intensity of light the yield of your plants will reduce, Lighting varies from the distance above the plant, if you are using a lights source of intensity 400w the distance above the plant should be 30 to 45cm. and if you are using 1000w then maintain a distance of 50 to 75cm above the plant.
I am using blue spectrum light as blue spectrum gives low intensity and it maintain the temperature to a moderate level..
hope you have got clear with the doubt..:harvest:

420alldaze

420alldaze

hey gartner, thanks for the info and insight. im pretty sure i get it. ive done some outdoors. wanna try to bring my nug count up. just doin my part. whatcha growin on your side of the world? thanks

T

treehugger

hi everyone, i have a question which i have found variable answers. which light is better for veg? 1000 w hps? or 400 w mh? i have looked and found numerous answers and no real straight answer. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks

Mh is better for vegging, hps is more productive in flowering. The problem however, is that switching between the two is not great for the plants. The plants produce specific chlorophylls for specific wavelengths, when you change the light spectrum the plant suffers a surfeit of energy until it can produce sufficient new chlorophylls to match the new light source. Expect almost a week of lull when switching over.

A

AliasAO

Mh is better for vegging, hps is more productive in flowering. The problem however, is that switching between the two is not great for the plants. The plants produce specific chlorophylls for specific wavelengths, when you change the light spectrum the plant suffers a surfeit of energy until it can produce sufficient new chlorophylls to match the new light source. Expect almost a week of lull when switching over.

Next grow around I was planning on using my 1000W MH during VEG and my 1000W HPS during flowering. Will this be over better for plant growth and yeild or should I stick to just HPS veg and flower?

420alldaze

420alldaze

Next grow around I was planning on using my 1000W MH during VEG and my 1000W HPS during flowering. Will this be over better for plant growth and yeild or should I stick to just HPS veg and flower?

i was just wondering the same thing.except i only have a 400w mh. so would i be able to use the 400 mh to break the new seedlings into the new light at first and then switch to the 1000 hps watt to finish veg and flower? thanks for all your input. hopefully i can figure this out before my girlz are all grown up and shipped off to a canning closet:rollj: lol

420alldaze

420alldaze

hey th, wouldnt the 1000 watt push the plants right along tho? this kid i got the lights from said 1000 hps for veg and 400 for flower? im stumped. what your saying sounds logical, he also said i could run the 400 w mh on my 1000 w ballast. which i dont really believe. they wouldnt make 400 w ballast if you could use a 1000 w for everything. im pretty sure thanks for any and alll comments and suggestions. peacentreez

H

hoagie thompson

have you thought of using CMH (ceramic metal halide)? I hear they have better spectrum than regular mh. a combination of something like a 400w cmh for veg and adding a 600w HPS when flowering for a total of 1000w and a better spectrum with probably way less shock. Just an idea

U

UCtestn

I once had a couple MH bulbs fail at the same time. I figured it was a perfect time to setup a little test. I used some HPS for that run during veg instead of MH. I put all the HPS in the same area of the room. I had no visual difference in the plants. I kept the plants separate and had a nominal difference is lb per plant. So per my non scientific test, there is no difference.

Having said all that, I still use MH for veg and use HPS at the flip.

420alldaze

420alldaze

what up uc? im definetly using mh for veg and hps on the flip. they seem more comfortable with the mh during veg. thanks for the unscientific scientific results...lol by the way. you are killin it. ive seen your grow logs...nice very nice. thanks peacentreez

C

campac medical

hey bud ive been doing this awhile, instead of thinking about using one 1000 hps or 400 MH why dont u use a 400 mh and a 400 hps, obviously if ur thinking bout getting a 1000 then u have a decent amount of space to light trust me my green buddy go with the two 400 over a 1000

420alldaze

420alldaze

hey cm whats up? well since this thread started alot has happened.picked up a new 1000 ballast and bulbs mh and hps. wasnt really impressed with difference. now im going to run 600 s all the way. got a nice 600 w switchable ballast for a great deal.. so the next run i do which is gonna be very soon,will be 600w mh to veg and 600 w hps for flower. less electric and almost the same lumens. thanks peacentreez

Latest posts

Top Bottom