Which is higher quality, Outdoor or Indoor cannabis

• Thread starter Glomus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Glomus

I'm not talking about higher potency but rather overall high and experience, aromas, flavor and subtle details.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I always hash my outdoor grows but i usually grow autos outside with the short season. I've never smoked any outdoor that I've actually liked but im sure its the people who grew it and not the outdoor itself.

strainguy

strainguy

indoors are more quality products I think, you can better control many things, outdoors many things are not in your control. The only thing that outdoors has and you don't - is the sun. no light can make as much power as the sun; everything else you can control better than outdoors.

R

ritoMox

indoors are more quality products I think, you can better control many things, outdoors many things are not in your control. The only thing that outdoors has and you don't - is the sun. no light can make as much power as the sun; everything else you can control better than outdoors.
I say bring the sun indoors and get the best of both worlds! ✌️

Grow weed in the dark

Link

Edit: It's on my ADVENTURES IN BRO-SCIENCE to do list🤣✌️

Last edited:
strider26554

strider26554

Well, in the spirit of never failing to stir up a bees nest when given the opportunity, I'm going to chime in here and say the prevalence of people who want to buy only sun grown bud is on the upswing, but market does not always reflect on the quality as can be proven by simply observing the quality of tools and merchandise you can purchase at walmart which happens to be the leading retailer in this country. I know we are lost as a country when viewed from that completely dystopian vantage point, however, I do believe there are huge differences in a plant when grown under the sun as opposed to any lighting mankind can devise at this point. I have done some experiments this year simply because I could, and I must say, the differences are astounding. The plants I have grown from the same clones both indoors and out would appear to be completely different strains, the difference is that acute. Different color, different plant structure, different flowering times and lengths, TOTALLY different aromas and terp definition, and last but not least the plants and colas grown under the sun appear to have about half again as many trichomes on the flowers, this year some of them are literally bristling with trichs, I have some pictures that I have taken under magnification and when I can figure out how to get them off of my new phone I will post them, I also have fairly complete documentation of these little experiments of mine. The results for me would suggest that we aren't as far along as we thought when it comes to reproducing the suns rays. Now, if i wanted to make sure the plants I planted grew to maturity without being ravaged by roving mobs of whitetail deer or a lone groundhog who liked to solve the problem of his ever growing incisors by gnawing on the huge green stalks of almost mature Indica plants, I would most definitely grow them indoors, It would solve so many issues we outdoor growers have. Like the time i was convinced i had a few plants that were mysteriously stricken with PM during the middle of a drought, when in reality I had managed to plant these girls directly under the feeding route of a very busy pair of mockingbirds whos defecant eerily resembled the faint white markings of PM, boy did i feel stupid, out there with a mister and clean rags wiping off individual leaves when the aeronautical pair of poopers managed to land one directly on my hand. This debate could go on forever and never be definitively resolved, but i would vote on just saying that the there are differences some good some bad.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

I think you'll find examples of both extremes - piss poor indoors and piss poor outdoors. IMO it comes down to the grower and how anal they are over the end product. You can grow the greatest looking bud all day but if you don't have the dry & cure down then what's the point? Are you using tumblers or is your stuff hand trimmed?

This answer isn't as simple as Outdoor vs Indoor and even then grow styles and bud quality vary quite a lot within same environments

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I would say the higher quality would be indoors just because you can control everything but outdoors does have the sun which is a huge plus for it.

I would also say that the best CONSISTENTLY higher quality smoke is when it is grown using light deprivation. You get the best of both worlds. Sun to fuel the plants and indoor like environmental control.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Plain and simple… whichever method you can grow the healthiest plants.

Anything else is a bullshit lie Imho and there are a million ways to manipulate, interpret and skew viewpoints.

The only way a person can be wrong is if the definitively state one or the other in all cases.

This goes for almost everything cannabis…

Top Bottom