Which lamp should i get for Zamel grow?

• Thread starter pitch_black
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

pitch_black

Which lamp should i get for Zamal grow?

Hi farmers
gonna do extrme sativas-any recomanded lamp for flowering?600-1000w?
thanks

R

Rural_GrowOp

I'm a firm believer in 1000W lights. You get better penetration than with any other light. Hope thats helpful.

P

pitch_black

Thanks for your reply
how about color spectrum wise?any specific brand stands out?

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
What kind of ballast are you using? Magnetic?

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
x2 on the Horti, that's about all i use. And t5's can veg a hell of a plant.

P

pitch_black

i''ll use t5 for veg+sunmaster deluxe,but i wonder if theres a more "sativa oriented" lamps out there.....for extra punch in the last weeks of flowering..btw..i'll use digital ballasts

R

Rural_GrowOp

I have heard that sativas do better in a vertical bare bulb setup because the light is less intense. I believe it was british hempire who said that and if anyone would know it would be him. As far as spectrum I don't think that sativas need anything different from indies or hybrids.

P

pitch_black

its gonna be a 1.2*1.0 meter with 6 buckets/pots
thanks

J

Jalisco Kid

My sats love Eye's Blue. If they only made them vert hanging that's the only MH I would use. JK

L

l33t

you could also try Sunmaster cool deluxe bulbs for those last few weeks.

N

negative 1

maybe i'm wrong but i like bluer spectrum lights for sativas, seems that with longer flowering varieties where they are native to the sun stays alot higher in the sky for longer in the year....maybe i'm wrong though just seems like it would make sense, now i'm gonna have to do some research. also when grown the same clone under mh or hps the mh always seem to have more resin on them and equally as dense kinda like growing in higher elevations.....i'll be back with an answer n this one but it seems that people generaly are saying the mhs' will work better for you!

Latest posts

Top Bottom