which led light should i buy? growers with led experience only please.

• Thread starter scoobydoo69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
squiggly

squiggly

i have personally seen an led that uses 1-100 watt led with a 6000k spectrum that draws 102 watts from the wall @ .87 amps. It has a heat sink and remote driver that you describe. Its really pretty neat. Im curious as as to why they are messing around wtih the smaller wattage leds when the manufacturers are making 100 leds. The fixture i saw was running around 120 degrees- and had a nice large finned heat sink. It disspates most of the heat surprisingly without the use of fans.

The efficiency of the the leds drop with increasing wattage. IE a 3w LED is not as good as 3 1W LEDs.

O

onaeun

I currently have blackstar240s, kessil h350s and kessil h150s...and briefly toyed with the haight 800 and 1600 boards for a few months before returning them. The haight 1600 is pretty nice, but it's too expensive, too heavy, and gets uuber hot.
Blackstars are ok, I think they should be supplemented with something. Kessils are ok lights....they actually produce really good herb, but they are wayy too expensive. My opinion overall on LEDs? Go get a Fresca sol and you'll have more light, maybe less heat, for less money imo. You can do a multi led unit grow, but you'll have spent thousands on your light set up, to grow a FEW plants. You could *technically* make the light worth what you payed for it, but you can technically do a lot of crazy sh**. my opinion after multiple led brands? Give it 5 years at least. Go get yourself a water cooled hid if you're crazy about lower temps with less venting.

S

singularity

The efficiency of the the leds drop with increasing wattage. IE a 3w LED is not as good as 3 1W LEDs.

Meh, depends what you're comparing and how it's actually being used.

A 1W LED running at 1W, Vs a 3W LED running at 1W, seems to me the 3W will stand a very good chance at being more efficient, and brighter, plus you can run it a bit harder still before efficiency starts to droop.

Cutting edge LED like cree xm-L can be driven harder and harder before efficiency droops, and it's probably the most powerful "single die" LED available.

Those "100 watt" LEDs you hear about are just a matrix of multiple dies in series and parallel, and probably far removed from what you'd find in an XM-L.

You'd pay a small fortune for something like that 100W LED, and despite already not being as good due to inferior dies and construction, it'll also suffer greater challenge in terms of cooling it properly, which is also something you start to run into if you attempt driving an xm-l anywhere near it's ratings, and thereby run into diminished returns even with a superior die.

So yeah

ynotFOREVER

ynotFOREVER

I currently have blackstar240s, kessil h350s and kessil h150s...and briefly toyed with the haight 800 and 1600 boards for a few months before returning them. The haight 1600 is pretty nice, but it's too expensive, too heavy, and gets uuber hot.
Blackstars are ok, I think they should be supplemented with something. Kessils are ok lights....they actually produce really good herb, but they are wayy too expensive. My opinion overall on LEDs? Go get a Fresca sol and you'll have more light, maybe less heat, for less money imo. You can do a multi led unit grow, but you'll have spent thousands on your light set up, to grow a FEW plants. You could *technically* make the light worth what you payed for it, but you can technically do a lot of crazy sh**. my opinion after multiple led brands? Give it 5 years at least. Go get yourself a water cooled hid if you're crazy about lower temps with less venting.

anyone kno any kessil grows?

LEDhead

LEDhead

Here's one I did, I veg'd with MH 400w then flipped with 4 Kessil H350 Magenta had massive problems but still managed a good harvest for my second grow

BrandonBlack

BrandonBlack

GL003
GL005
You should take a look at Light Beam's GL Series.

What's different about yours than any of the others?
Besides our independent development of a complete, well balanced spectrum, our custom
high powered LED arrays incorporates a variety of dies on a single chip which maximizes
color mixing. The LED arrays incorporates an optical grade hemispherical lens which
enhances the output coupling of light leading to increased efficiency.
Our thermal management system is specifically matched to the heat output of the LED arrays
and incorporates feedback monitoring which protects the lights from over heating even in the
event of a total cooling system failure. Our thermal management system ensures that the LED
arrays stay cool which increases light output, efficiency, and maintains the useful lifetime of
the LEDs.
Our compound reflector design is like no other. Our reflector is made of high quality, 98%
reflective aluminum and is designed to take advantage of the way light is emitted from
the individual LED arrays. The compound design encloses each LED array, harvesting as
much light as possible, casting it uniformly downward onto the plant canopy. The reflector is
designed to eliminate luminous “hot spots”, increase overall light penetration and interact with
leaves at small angles with respect to normal incidence which increases the ability of leaves
to absorb light.

BrandonBlack

BrandonBlack

Thank you for your input. We have tech specs, they are just not up yet. I will make it my top priority to make sure they get on the site asap. There are no reviews, because its a new product and new website. We just released our product to the public about a month and a half ago. We have yet to penatrate the market. We just stepped on to the track, but plan to win this race.

There is also a GL350 Series (330W) for $1800 and a GL90 Series (83W) for $450

Latest posts

Top Bottom