Which LED light should I go with??

• Thread starter LakerGang89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LakerGang89

LakerGang89

Hey guys. I just purchased a 4x4 tent to house my 3 Lemon OG plants. I was wondering what light would best fit this size tent for veg and flower. I was looking at the HLG 65 V2 4000 LED light board for the tent but I’m not sure if it’s going to be enough. I’m willing to pay at least 250 to 300 for the light. I just want it to be good enough for Veg and Flower. I would greatly appreciate any of you guys suggestions. Thanks again.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

That light is only 65 watts, it won't be enough for a 4x4. You have a $300 budget, so get a $300 light, not a $100 one.
You're going to want at least 480 watts from the electrical outlet to fill your 4 x 4 space. There's nothing wrong with HLG boards, other than they can get pricey. There are other brands to consider that might fit your budget better ... Samsung LM301b/h diodes, cree, osram LEDs are some of the brand components you are looking for. Spider Farmer also uses these components in their lighting. Kingbrite is another option to consider.

Last edited:
growsince79

growsince79

Hey guys. I just purchased a 4x4 tent to house my 3 Lemon OG plants. I was wondering what light would best fit this size tent for veg and flower. I was looking at the HLG 65 V2 4000 LED light board for the tent but I’m not sure if it’s going to be enough. I’m willing to pay at least 250 to 300 for the light. I just want it to be good enough for Veg and Flower. I would greatly appreciate any of you guys suggestions. Thanks again.
You would need like 8 of them. 600w hps are cheap.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

You would need like 8 of them. 600w hps are cheap.
That is an option that would fit his budget ... if he can control the heat. People have been using them for years with good results.

The reality is quality LED lighting with enough watts to fill a 4 x 4 will cost more than $300. If you're willing to order from China then look at Kingbrite. Two 240 watt Kingbrite quantum boards might still be available for that price. Without knowing current shipping costs, I am not entirely sure. In January 2020 I ordered two 240 watt 3500k Kingbrite boards and paid about $280 shipped. The boards arrived in 5 days.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

That is an option that would fit his budget ... if he can control the heat. People have been using them for years with good results.

The reality is quality LED lighting with enough watts to fill a 4 x 4 will cost more than $300. If you're willing to order from China then look at Kingbrite. Two 240 watt Kingbrite quantum boards might still be available for that price. Without knowing current shipping costs, I am not entirely sure. In January 2020 I ordered two 240 watt 3500k Kingbrite boards and paid about $280 shipped. The boards arrived in 5 days.
3 would be even better, for coverage. I use 2 260 watt HLG's, and it's good, but the far edges aren't awesome in a 4x4.

Latest posts

Top Bottom