Which LED setup is best for a 4x4 tent?

• Thread starter Scarecrow1g
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Scarecrow1g

Scarecrow1g

I just wrapped up my first grow and It was ok but I want the next one to be way better. My current setup I am using two of the Mars Hydro TS 1000 pictured below. I want to have a better setup and this is what im not sure on. Should i just add two more Mars Hydro TS 1000 lights so I would have a total of 4 of them inside of a 4x4 grow tent? Or should I look into getting four of these HLG 100 V2 4000K lights? From what ive read the quantum boards are top notch, but I'm honestly so lost when it comes to this topic. The current Mars Hydro lights pull 150 watts, so 600 watts total with four of them and says its equivalent to a 250 w HPS light. The HLG lights pull 95 watts each but they say they compart to a 220 w T5 light or a 300 w CFL light. If money wasn't an issued and I was starting from scratch which of these light setups would be best in a 4x4, assuming I'm using four of each light?

Which led setup is best for a 4x4 tent
Which led setup is best for a 4x4 tent 2
_VLAD_

_VLAD_

If you could swing it 2 new 240 watt boards would be nice in there. Could even supplement with your old 100 watt boards.

Remember you want 3000k for flower, 4000k for veg and 3500k for both

Scarecrow1g

Scarecrow1g

If you could swing it 2 new 240 watt boards would be nice in there. Could even supplement with your old 100 watt boards.

Remember you want 3000k for flower, 4000k for veg and 3500k for both
So I need to have different lights for flower and veg? Sorry im very new to this

_VLAD_

_VLAD_

Im using 3500k for both veg and flower since I only have 1 area at the moment. If you have a sep veg area get 3000k for your flower tent. I just didnt want you to get 4500k or whatever that was you said earlier. 4000k or better would be used for veg, youd have to ask someone else exactly what spectrum you would need, im rusty on the specifics.

Keep us posted

SSgrower

SSgrower

No re-word your question, are you asking if different lights for tomatoes than cannabis? To the lighting question 600w-900w in a 4x4' tent is plenty, will more be better, hard to tell from here, Research and Develop an opinion yourself.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Both tomatoes and marihuana thrive in same spectrums.

Have no experience with mars but there is a lot of competitors with similar diodes and drivers out there. And there is a thousand opinions on lighting options.

I think several small units are better than one big. There is many small lights that are good and appropriate.

I tried 480w led and it works good. Will try 3x240w soon

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Newbie warning. On first grow. I used independent PPFD maps, settled on 2x Mars Hydro TSL 2000 at 300 watts each. Designed to do a 2x4, so side by side they cover 4x4 beautifully. 950+ PPFD at peak areas, nothing lower than 700 when set to 14 inches above canopy on full power. Perfect level for flowering. By having two you split the peak area into two and get a higher area of the tent into high PPFD, as well as better side/corner coverage. Cost $420 US delivered

Top Bottom