Which LED would you choose?

• Thread starter Ml386
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ml386

Ml386

What would you guys choose between these?

https://m.alibaba.com/product/62000...appDetailShare","data":{"cacheTime":"50000"}}

https://www.amazon.com/Spider-Farmer-SF-4000-Dimmable-Spectrum/dp/B07TXFR69M

I understand that the meijiu is cheaper... but I’ve heard mentioned that epistar is inefficient?

Would it be better to go with the sf4000?

I’d like to save as much money as possible, but not if it compromises quality or means I’ll have to upgrade later.

4x4 tent. Leaning toward hydro, but since it’ll be a first grow, may start in soil and try that later.

Thanks guys.

MGuY

MGuY

Full Spectrum LED Grow Light 1500W Sunshine COB LED Grow Light, X5 COB LED Plant Light for Growing Vegetables,Flowers,with ON/Off Switch HollandStar (X5-1500W-White)
Under 100$

Anthem

Anthem

Full Spectrum LED Grow Light 1500W Sunshine COB LED Grow Light, X5 COB LED Plant Light for Growing Vegetables,Flowers,with ON/Off Switch HollandStar (X5-1500W-White)
Under 100$

DO NOT BUY THAT LIGHT. Once again, these lights in the 100 to 300 dollar range will NOT get you the finished product you are looking for. Please look at one of the following brands
Fluence
Gavita
Growers Choice
These are true LED for covering a 4' x 4' or better area. So if you want to get light 2 to 3 # per light you are going to need a light of this caliber.

specklefart

specklefart

DO NOT BUY THAT LIGHT. Once again, these lights in the 100 to 300 dollar range will NOT get you the finished product you are looking for. Please look at one of the following brands
Fluence
Gavita
Growers Choice
These are true LED for covering a 4' x 4' or better area. So if you want to get light 2 to 3 # per light you are going to need a light of this caliber.
Holy sticker shock.

*Sells tent.*

Anthem

Anthem

Holy sticker shock.

*Sells tent.*

I totally understand the word sticker shock. Here is an account of what I have personnel experienced with the Chinese LED's. First one was a mars green thing, great light had it running for over 2 years with no issues. Next I needed a veg light, so I went on the one A and bought the one with the best reviews, Bestva. Total POS, not going to right the whole issue down again. Went back to Mars for 2 veg lights, purchased the TS1000. 8 months they lasted tops. Yes they will replace the parts, but you have to take pictures and in my case wait for the parts to ship from China. Might be a long wait these days.
One of the most important parts of this growing thing is light. More light = more plant = more buds. But there is a point of too much light.
My current results are with Gavita and I can honestly say I am averaging 2 1/2 pounds per light. Everything changes when you have that much light. Nutrient up take goes thru the roof and you absolutely have to run CO2 with these lights.

Munch517

Munch517

What would you guys choose between these?

https://m.alibaba.com/product/62000246676/Pre-assembled-Meijiu-HLG-550-V2.html?__sceneInfo={"type":"appDetailShare","data":{"cacheTime":"50000"}}

https://www.amazon.com/Spider-Farmer-SF-4000-Dimmable-Spectrum/dp/B07TXFR69M

I understand that the meijiu is cheaper... but I’ve heard mentioned that epistar is inefficient?

Would it be better to go with the sf4000?

I’d like to save as much money as possible, but not if it compromises quality or means I’ll have to upgrade later.

4x4 tent. Leaning toward hydro, but since it’ll be a first grow, may start in soil and try that later.

Thanks guys.

Given those two choices I'd try my chances on the Spider Farmer. As Anthem said though, cheap lights are a risk and good lights will literally pay for themselves within a few years. I can personally vouch for Fluence Spydr 2p lights being great, but any of the brand name bar style lights would be a massive step up from what you listed.

Ml386

Ml386

Given those two choices I'd try my chances on the Spider Farmer. As Anthem said though, cheap lights are a risk and good lights will literally pay for themselves within a few years. I can personally vouch for Fluence Spydr 2p lights being great, but any of the brand name bar style lights would be a massive step up from what you listed.

Thank you. Could you recommend a few brand names of bar lights that I could research? I appreciate it!

Munch517

Munch517

Thank you. Could you recommend a few brand names of bar lights that I could research? I appreciate it!

Anthem stated the three best options out there, the only three brands I can really recommend: Fluence, Gavita and Growers Choice. These are really close in price and Fluence is the brand I personally have the most faith in, that's why I went with them.

If you never plan to use CO2 you could go with the Fluence Spydr2x ($825). I'd recommend on getting one of the more powerful lights though so you can have the option of CO2 in the future. The Fluence Spydr 2p ($1250), Gavita Pro 1700 ($1300) and the Growers Choice ROI E680 ($950) will all have a similar light intensity and light spread. IMO If you want to save a few bucks get the ROI, if you want to spend a little extra get the Spydr2p. There are diy bar-style options but I don't know a ton about those, there are people here who could help with that though.

Are these lights within your budget? If not there are other ok options but if you can swing the upfront cost of one of the above lights it will absolutely be worth it in the long run.

Indiva710

Indiva710

I wouldnt pick either of them...And buy a light that will be the last one you have to buy like scynceled are a total game changer not cheap but compared to others in their price range blows everything out of the water and then some not another company can fuck with them right now..Hands down thee best led company on thee market!!!!!!Not cheap China trash...All made here in the USA

Top Bottom