Which LED's to buy

• Thread starter guymandude
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
guymandude

guymandude

Yeah a cmh 315 phillips bulb would give better results cheaper.

The budget spectrum shown would be better to light up a store display window. Which is what light boards were originally made for.

I bet there are led floodlight panels with a warmer spectrum.

i'd be all over that except i do not have the ceiling height required for those lights or double ended HPS. that and the heat they put out woulde lead me to think the LED is a much better option

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

i'd be all over that except i do not have the ceiling height required for those lights or double ended HPS. that and the heat they put out woulde lead me to think the LED is a much better option

Both my air cooled glass enclosed 600w hps and the open vertical reflector of the 315 cmh are at about 18” during peak flower.

I use t-5’s in veg about 8” away. The hid need quite a distance with young plants. But all my ballasts are dimmable. Even the cmh. I just dont like to dim bulbs much.

For led only strip lighting gets closer. Thats what i want for my gorilla shorty 4x8 but still very expensive to buy conpared to all other options.

guymandude

guymandude

yes, Mars Hydro actually came out with a decent strip light, supposed to compete with the Fluence Ray series lights, they are roughly the same price too.

Mars Hydro Sp250

update on the mammoth ights, they've done away with the 10 bar UV light design and ypgrqaded to an 8 bar system - 6 flowering spectrum and 2 UV - but the old 10 bar had 219 Diodes per bar, the new 8 bar light has 360 diodes per bar, so roughyl same light, smaller framer. and it's the same price. so.........

guymandude

guymandude

ok well i spoke to a guy at Mammoth. He was very enlightening. The power cord will work for either 240 or 110, which is a huge relief. I run a titan light controller and the plug receptacles on it are yur basic 110 grounded plug type. Also, they are running about a month out on production, which i can live with. The new 8 bar uv light is actually more light than the 10 bar one they discontinued. The new one is 6 bars of LED, which they added a lot more diodes to each bar, and 2 bars of UV. He said the company making the UV diodes makes them special for Mammoth. The new 8 bar is a monster, he said, and weighs less. It price tag is 1250 each, so I'll probably be getting 2 by fall i hope.

He mentioned how much better the plants do with the UV. I agreed and told him of my UV in veg theory. He told me that sounded very interesting and he would throw that at his research team...........i might be onto something........

Last edited:

SpiderFarmerLED

Supporter
Spider farmer is a sub company of meijju (found on alibaba). The meiijju knockoffs have much better parts. Or so they claim.

I would think the spider farmer and mars spectrums are very good for veg and keeping plants green and healthy. But not enough red for me to consider it a flowering lamp.

NO!!! Spider Farmer is an independent company and is not attached to anyone. We only sell our own brand. we do not know any information about meijju .

AND we do not open any online stores on Alibaba. Please buy our light through our official website!!!!! Thank you so much

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

We do not know, but we can promise that the link we sent is the Spider Farmer. ☺

Im sorry it was an ebay link and your logos were spider farmer and Meizhi.

And your email was hydroponicseller@hotmail or something.

And now your newest email sent to me says spiderfarmer @ hot mail.

So what is the actual name of your company? Companies? And where are the products manufactured?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
*steps in*

Geez @MIMedGrower Do you have proof or are you just regurgitating what you think is the truth.. :P

FACTS MAN WHEREs THE PUUDING!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

*steps in*

Geez @MIMedGrower Do you have proof or are you just regurgitating what you think is the truth.. :P

FACTS MAN WHEREs THE PUUDING!

I deleted his emails when i finished with his contacts. He said he would link something that proved who he worked for but only gave me an ebay link that was under Hydroponicsellerusa and had copied and pasted logos for Meizhi and spider farmer.

I dont care if you believe me. I have always been honest. I turned down the cheap low powered free lamp and tent months ago. I dont shill for companies i dont work for.

But you do now. ;-)

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I dont care if you believe me. I have always been honest. I turned down the cheap low powered free lamp and tent months ago. I dont shill for companies i dont work for.

But you do now. ;-)

NOUN
shill (noun) · shills (plural noun)

1. an accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others.
    "I used to be a shill in a Reno gambling club" · "the agency is a shill for the nuclear power industry"
    • a person who pretends to give an impartial endorsement of something in which they themselves have an interest.
      "a megamillionaire who makes more money as a shill for corporate products than he does for playing basketball"

Your incorrectly calling me a shill and thats just fucking hurtful.

Now i question your honesty when you throw slandering words around like that with no evidence to back up your baseless claim...

So yeah without proof your just slandering Spider Farmer..

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps or gives credibility to a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with the person or organization.

Which i have disclosed fully. . .

Edit: woops this was ment to merge with the above post..

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps or gives credibility to a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with the person or organization.

Which i have disclosed fully. . .

Edit: woops this was ment to merge with the above post..

You know nothing about their lights and have not even completed a grow yet you are vouching for them because you got a free lamp.

You are a shill.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
You know nothing about their lights and have not even completed a grow yet you are vouching for them because you got a free lamp.

You are a shill.
I couldn’t complete a full grow with their sf1000. Misleading for a new grower. Over priced Chinese light. Why not go straight to kingbrite. Same stuff. I have to agree 100% with MiMed.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter

You are a shill.

Show me how im VOUCHING for anyone?

Show me one single post that i VOUCHED for them?

assert or confirm as a result of one's own experience that something is true or accurately so described. <-- HAVE NEVER VOUCHED FOR THEM..

Have only said and i quote "
Go check out some of the grows using the latest LM301B diodes and tell me you can't get the same rofl..

LEDS have come a LONG way.

SpiderFarmerLED Sells some of the the lights im talking bout, they also have a youtube channel showcasing there lights / grows.."

Thats hardly me vouching for them, when i suggest they go LOOK AT PEOPLES LED GROWS, suggesting they go check out a webpage ?

lol your fishing hard as fuck.

No where did i say Spider farmer is the best, or spider farmer leds grow better then HPS or MH.. I said IN GENERAL TERMS.. LEDS have come along way and SF SELLS SOME.. see SOME.. of those LEDS.. that people USE.. to GROW WEED.. Above that told the user to go check out Led grow threads.. Never said check out HLG or Spdier farmer or any other maker..

Stop fishing stop being a lil flea...

By this logic all the adverts on thcfarmer are just shills from logic anything advertised must be shilled huh.. lol

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I couldn’t complete a full grow with their sf1000. Misleading for a new grower. Over priced Chinese light. Why not go straight to kingbrite. Same stuff. I have to agree 100% with MiMed.

No doubt the sf 1000 is only 100W what size space were ya growing in with it?

I'm going to throw it in a less then 2x2 area with a cpl autos to show how she preforms, good bad or ugly the truth will be shown :D

Top Bottom