Which Mykorhiza(product) for indoor cannabis?

• Thread starter mannitu68
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mannitu68

morning gentlemen,
Can someone recommend a product thats available in Europe`? I only found 1 thats spec. for Cannabis, at least it said so. Pretty pricy for almost 30 bucks. Ive heard not all funghi of the family really work with Cannabis. Some of the cheaper, "Allround-Mykorhiza" probably work fine, its just i dont know which myko-strain does work and which not. I want to make everything perfect next grow, good soil, some Vermiculite-perlite, good pots and the right myko.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Is there a grow store or similar you can post a link to?

Here is an example, not sure if this is at all close to you

I’m using the great white product line right now. Seeing very rapid root growth. Nice thick stems. I’d recommend their products. I am using roots organic terp tea grow as a top dress. Growing in FFOF. Transplanted from 4” square seed pots to 1g’s 6 days ago. Already got roots poking at the drain holes.

M

mannitu68

yes. Great white is available here, its 25eu per 28g. Its not that im not willing to pay. Its just i have the feeling by buying this im feeding somebody who is laughing his ass off, how easy it is to get cash for very basic things from that growers. This is a myriad times more expensive than regular products.

Anybody ever had success with "normal" general purpose myko?

freezeland2

freezeland2

yes. Great white is available here, its 25eu per 28g. Its not that im not willing to pay. Its just i have the feeling by buying this im feeding somebody who is laughing his ass off, how easy it is to get cash for very basic things from that growers. This is a myriad times more expensive than regular products.

Anybody ever had success with "normal" general purpose myko?
Maybe Google soil innoculator for ideas on different products?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

The strains are important. I don’t think just any will do. But yes this is a high margin item for both the manufacturer and reseller.

Heywood

Heywood

Extreme Gardening also has a good choice of Mycorrhizal products.
I use their MykosWP wettable powder as well as their Versity Bacillus Blend.
And of course none of this stuff is cheap. It's just the way of the world.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
You need "endo-mykorhizza" because the "ekto" or arbuscular myks don't form a connection with cannabis at all.
These are rather expensive

edit:
May I ask how you grow? It may not even be needed

M

mannitu68

i grow in soil/perlite mix.
You need "endo-mykorhizza" because the "ekto" or arbuscular myks don't form a connection with cannabis at all.
These are rather expensive

edit:
May I ask how you grow? It may not even be needed

about the Austrian stuff...well 95% of species sounds great but man it would make me feel better if they said explicitly Cannabis :)

Yeah mayba ill go with the Great White. I dont want any headaches like i had with my last fertilizer. They say on the package, that you should use it not one time, but several times over the grow. Is that a con to make people consume the whole package? I thought once the funghi are there, they stay?

Can you also recommend a mineral fertilizer thats got a good reputation for giving the right dosage recommendations on the bottles?

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
i grow in soil/perlite mix.

about the Austrian stuff...well 95% of species sounds great but man it would make me feel better if they said explicitly Cannabis :)

Yeah mayba ill go with the Great White. I dont want any headaches like i had with my last fertilizer. They say on the package, that you should use it not one time, but several times over the grow. Is that a con to make people consume the whole package? I thought once the funghi are there, they stay?

Can you also recommend a mineral fertilizer thats got a good reputation for giving the right dosage recommendations on the bottles?
You don't really need myks if you got a mineralic fertilizer because the main function of it is to mobilize/solubilize P but mineralic P2O5 is already fully bio-available. Though - one could argue that since you are in soil there may be some organic immobile P (amongst other macro nutrition molecules) still prevalent from which the plant by the presence of the myks could profit, plus the better access to water it would give, though in a container that bonus dwindles at some point, too. One thing is that myks selectively feed/trade nute ions to a plant which actually slightly changes the nute formulae by reducing N & P in, amongst other things.

If you use it then just dust the rootball at every transplant because the real mykorrhiza spores germ upon water contact and cannot survive in their own, they need to be in contact with a suitable root to form a symbiosis with.

Now alot of myks products will also contain other beneficial microorganisms so they still could make some sense, esp. in an organic setup, or in a mineralic one where you, e.g. want to use benes to keep pathogens at bay.
But it's not really essentially needed as a mineralic setup should work on its own, even in a complete "lifeless" environment.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

2 come to mind bacillus amyloliquefaciens bacteria and trichoderma fungi. Some products contain both. In hydro only the bacteria xan be used effectively. In soil both can be.

Many other help with nutrients but those 2 are specifically for plant root protection we’ll call it

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

95% of species sounds great but man it would make me feel better if they said explicitly Cannabis :)
I would reccomend you to stay away from agricultural poduct expecially formulated for Cannabis, for various reasons, very much if you want to save money!
I also agree with N1ght, about the fact that in the short cycle of the life of our plant P is very available and in majority of cases in excess in the soil inhibiting the development of those mycorizzae species...kind of a dog that try to chase his tail....
Yeah bacterias are much more useful allies in our game!

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Did you ever find an answer to this?

M

mannitu68

Did you ever find an answer to this?

ot 100% sure. So much Bro.science. But only by common sense, 1 single use in early stage should be good for the grow. Ill keep an eye on it and examine the roots. Ive got airpots and should be able to see some roots soon.

Top Bottom