Which nutrients to use for hydro?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dungbudd

idk if this forum is now dead (or has been beat like a dead horse)but my experience has to do with the strain.My purple kush can suck up anything and everything to the max and thrive like hell,on the other hand I have og northwest blueberry that is fickle as hell and the pez is happy somewhere in between.Makes it hard to run a hydro garden. So in my case I could never say what brand works best as I have to feed each as independents .We have local nutes here in puget sound that with some strains do far better than the "big names" Some friends feed by the feed chart of a smalltime nute company and do it by the book with no supplements other than on the chart only and totally kick ass!! It takes time but whats good for mine isn't always good for yours

D

Dillinger

Current Culture is the way to go for Hydro Nutes. My buddy had a 32 site 13 gallon UC Double barrel system and used nothing but Current Culture from veg to flush. Some of the best dankness buds I have ever had and we all of had a ton of weed. Everything he grows in that setup gets so nice and the resin production is huge everytime. I ordered a 32 site identical to his and we are putting them together. He has another 24 site that's identical but the tops hold 4 vegging plants. Anyways I'm way off the subject but he was using Advanced Nutrients for 6 a year and when he switched from Advanced to the Current Culture his shit just exploded. He had to add bigger and more carbon filters. Check it out. I bet there is a thread about it.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I'm just coming to the end of my DNF formula(dutch nutrient formula) and I now have the choice btwn
Advanced nutrients
General hydroponics
DNF.

Let me know

Well as you see there are lots of answers. Here is my stab at it.

DNF is kind of like the no name products you buy at the store. It's good but not great. IMHO

Advanced Nutrients = just stay the fuck away! I got into AN about 7 years ago and we started selling it at the stores, I sold more Big Bud and Overdrive than anyone and I loved the shit. It made my buds grow like Frankenstein buds, foxtails and the buds were like 2x the regular size, a growers dream. Than about a year ago I started to look into AN real hard and what I found disturbed me greatly. AN uses PGR (plant growth regulators) in their products. PGR have been banned since the 80's for use in products we eat. It is legal to use with flowers and that's how they get around it. AN has a history of skirting the rules and not disclosing all the ingredients in their products. They have also had a few run ins with the government . I just don't have any faith in what they sell anymore.

GH this is another good middle of the road food. I use it for years.

Today I use Canna and H&G, more Canna than H&G. I put these two companies at the top of the heap with a couple others. Yes they cost more but you need to understand why. The short answer is they buy better ingredients to start with = better food for your plants = bigger plants.

One of the things I have learned is that no matter what food I use I also use a Cal-Mag supplement, always.

I have 28 pages on all this stuff.

Peace

sixstring

sixstring

Well as you see there are lots of answers. Here is my stab at it.

DNF is kind of like the no name products you buy at the store. It's good but not great. IMHO

Advanced Nutrients = just stay the fuck away! I got into AN about 7 years ago and we started selling it at the stores, I sold more Big Bud and Overdrive than anyone and I loved the shit. It made my buds grow like Frankenstein buds, foxtails and the buds were like 2x the regular size, a growers dream. Than about a year ago I started to look into AN real hard and what I found disturbed me greatly. AN uses PGR (plant growth regulators) in their products. PGR have been banned since the 80's for use in products we eat. It is legal to use with flowers and that's how they get around it. AN has a history of skirting the rules and not disclosing all the ingredients in their products. They have also had a few run ins with the government . I just don't have any faith in what they sell anymore.

GH this is another good middle of the road food. I use it for years.

Today I use Canna and H&G, more Canna than H&G. I put these two companies at the top of the heap with a couple others. Yes they cost more but you need to understand why. The short answer is they buy better ingredients to start with = better food for your plants = bigger plants.

One of the things I have learned is that no matter what food I use I also use a Cal-Mag supplement, always.

I have 28 pages on all this stuff.

Peace
I have read this before.but I wonder how many other nute co's use the same pgr's and keep it under the radar?

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I have read this before.but I wonder how many other nute co's use the same pgr's and keep it under the radar?

There are lots out there, here is the rub, they won't tell you what's in it and most don't have too because how it is labeled and the use it is for. The only way is to lab test and that's what's happening now the labs are testing for this shit.

Just some of these products are Superbud (Australia), Phosphoload (Superbud rebranded, North America), Rock Juice (Australia), Flower Dragon (North America), Gravity (North America), Bushmaster (North America), Boonta Bud (UK), Rox (UK), Cyco Flower (Australia), Mega Bud (North America), Dr Nodes (renamed Mr No – North America), and Yield Masta/Sudden Impact (Australia and NZ). There are more than this I just don't have a complete list yet.

In all cases the aforementioned products contain chemical PGR actives (subclass “Growth Retardant”) such as paclobutrazol (PBZ), chlormequat chloride (CC), and/or daminozide.

These chemical actives:
Are classed as systemic pesticides
Are scheduled poisons
Have long withholding periods
Are in many cases and most countries banned for use on food/consumable crops
Are subject to strict regulations, pertaining to registration and use (crop type, application rates and times)
Are, in the case of daminozide, rated as a “probable human carcinogen” and in the case of paclobutrazol rated with, “This substance/agent has not undergone a complete evaluation and determination under US EPA's IRIS program for evidence of human carcinogenic potential”. Additionally, paclobutrazol has been shown in studies to be toxic to the liver.

I use Canna PK 13/14 as it is free of all the bad shit. There are some others so do your home work. I have heard great things about Hesi nutrients http://www.hesinutrients.com/

Greenjean

Greenjean

For many years I have used H&G...works great for me, don't always use as much of the base nutes as they call for, but do use nute chart amounts of Bud Excel and shooting powder.

I like it because I've dialed in the strains that like my growing style & nutes, and I just don't ever have any issues. For many years I would fight between great and crappy harvests. I was just so sick of it, and went on a friends suggestion & tried H&G; it just clicked with me.

I am also refuse to use anything anymore that isn't Ph perfect. It's been to long since I had to mess with that, & I am not going back.:happy:

D

decrimCA

I don't know if this is helpful to the conversation, but I've had easy times using Advanced Nutrients. I'm not sure about the report, but I'll definitely look into that. I hadn't heard about that.

I always find new things here. thanks for sharing!

Top Bottom