Which OG does well outside?

• Thread starter Blaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blaze

Blaze

Hey fellow farmers, I'm looking to do a bit of OG in my outdoor garden this year. Wondering if anyone here on the farm has experience with growing some of the various OG cuts outside. I know there are a million different cuts of OG floating around out there, and in all likely hood many are not OG or are just the same cut with a different name. The biggest issues I've seen with the OG outside is lack of yield, but I have heard from some folks that certain ones can do well. Curious if anyone out there has actually gotten an OG to yield well outside (like several lbs a plant) and if so which cut it was. Thanks!

C

CHEMLORD

I would recommed the SFV cut. It tends to be the highest yielder, indoors or out (in my experience). I have had good luck with this cut and have had a few 4+ pounders in the last couple years. Lots of popcorn, though, as it tends to create a spiderweb of spindly secondary branches.

Blaze

Blaze

Popcorn and spindly secondary branches is OK with me, that can be countered with proper pruning techniques. Getting 4+ is damn good, if the SFV can hit that number I am totally down to grow it, hehe. Thanks for the input.

F

Funkfingers

The ghost Og does really well, as do several OG hybrids.. I think that they all should do fairly well, especially given your location , and my sneaking suspicions of the genetics that make up the og... I would try and get my hands on a cut of whitefire, as that seems to be the cash cropper og,,

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

I got 4+ with Tahoe also, and a bit less with SFV. The small buds are still nice because the OGs get so dense. Yield aside, you will get top shelf outdoor meds! You can also make up for yield by planting two or three in the same space you would plant one larger one. The OGs usually dont get as big as other monster strains, at least in my grows.

Blaze

Blaze

Yeah I plan on planing either 2 or 4 in a bed to insure a decent yield. I've heard good things about Tahoe and SFV from several people now and can get clones of those from a good source, so it looks like those will be the two I'll try out this year. Ghost would be cool to check out too but at the moment I don't know anyone personally that has that specific cut.

Top Bottom