which ones better?

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

im sure if you're vac purging in a heated chamber the final product comes out pretty close to the same either way, I'm sure graywolf will have something much more intelligent to say about it though.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Bump. need an answer. Where you at experts?

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

I always thought the power left a bit of an aftertaste

You should be able to find Newport for cheaper than that whip it stuff

Graywolf

Graywolf

The extra refining is to remove the oleaginous waxes that clog the orifices of expensive butane lighters, and has little affect of extraction efficiency, especially if you are winterizing afterwards anyway.

Mostly the increasing X number is a Madison Avenue approach to separating us from our money. Print new labels, with bigger numbers, and charge more money.

urbanfog

urbanfog

the 5x "power" has always worked well for me. although I am no expert and dont use a vac

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
The extra refining is to remove the oleaginous waxes that clog the orifices of expensive butane lighters, and has little affect of extraction efficiency, especially if you are winterizing afterwards anyway.

Mostly the increasing X number is a Madison Avenue approach to separating us from our money. Print new labels, with bigger numbers, and charge more money.

Thanks a million GW!

I figured just as much, but wanted to be sure. Gonna go with the 5x.

Another question since I have you on the line: I read hashmasta saying skinnier tubes were better for yield. I was gonna make my own tubes by just getting 1/8" thick 1.5" ID stainless tubing from my local metal shop and cutting it down. What length do you recommend to be able to use 1 full can and be just right. I plan on making a rig out of wood to hold several tubes in a row, and blast them all at the same time.

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

power 3 5 n 7 are all the SAME... frmo msds ive seen i use power 5 cuz i believe it has the highest concentrate of n butane...

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I recommend that you use tubing with a 1" maximum ID and at about 12" long, one can will extract it.

Anything smaller than about 3/4" can be a royal pain to load and unload, so we used 1" heavy wall borosilicate tubes.

perfect. Gonna head to the stainless steel supply house and grab a tube, haev them cut it down in to several sections, and build a multi tube rig.

clockworx

clockworx

perfect. Gonna head to the stainless steel supply house and grab a tube, haev them cut it down in to several sections, and build a multi tube rig.

Cap, did you ever build the multiple tube extractor ? I would love to see what you came up with !!

Dynamite

Dynamite

thanks for the link Cap ! I been getting 5x at the local headshop in portland , get a 10% discount, cases are about $35bucks .. but 96 cans for 200 , that's where it's at..wonder how much the shipping is?

stuff goes quick ! here's 3 days worth of packing my o'keif triple tube set-up .. each tube holds about 30grams packed tight .. been getting anywhere's from 15%-22% off popcorn nuggs, and 7-10% off sugar leaf

I think a tube that held 35-40 grams would be PERFECT for 1 can , if my tubes were just an inch longer (my life story,lol)

Home camera 051 Copy

Camdawg

Camdawg

Speaking of hashmasta kut what ever happened to him didnt he used to post here?

Latest posts

Top Bottom