Which ones in and which ones out.

• Thread starter Feuerfrei
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Feuerfrei

Feuerfrei

Hello,
First post here. Looking for some opinions and advice on what plants to put where for my first serious attempt at both in and outdoor growing.
I have set up a grow room and plan on lst for 4 plants in that space. I have 9 seedlings. 6 blue dreams, 2 banana kush, and one g13 haze.
Primary question is which 4 inside for quick harvest and which go outside for the long haul? Thinking about putting the 4 strongest blue dream inside and the rest outside for the long haul. Maybe the less strong seedlings will fare better out there with a long growing season? Or what would you guys do?
Thanks!

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

I have set up a grow room and plan on lst for 4 plants in that space. I have 9 seedlings. 6 blue dreams, 2 banana kush, and one g13 haze.
Primary question is which 4 inside for quick harvest and which go outside for the long haul?

2 blue dreams out, 2 in. 1 banana kush outside, one in. G13 haze in. I like growing inside since outside has more weather issues, pest issues, getting pollinated issues ...

You didn't mention how big the space inside is, what your success has been like inside/outside, what the situation/climate is outside etc. My suggestion is based on very little info.

Feuerfrei

Feuerfrei

2 blue dreams out, 2 in. 1 banana kush outside, one in. G13 haze in. I like growing inside since outside has more weather issues, pest issues, getting pollinated issues ...

You didn't mention how big the space inside is, what your success has been like inside/outside, what the situation/climate is outside etc. My suggestion is based on very little info.
Well, this is my first go at it. The inside space is 4.5x4.5x7 painted flat white. I will be running a maxsisun pb 4000 pro (spider farmer sf4000 equivalent) using 4 5 gallon buckets well drilled and filled with a mix of organic soil, compost, worm castings, perlite, moss.
Outside they will be in the middle of my fenced vegetable garden with unlimited space and amended with my own composted chicken manure/ kitchen scraps, black kow in each hole.
All plants are currently 3 weeks and the blue dreams are twice the size of the kush and g13. A couple dreams are smaller and closer to the size of the kush plants.

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

Well, this is my first go at it. The inside space is 4.5x4.5x7 painted flat white. I will be running a maxsisun pb 4000 pro (spider farmer sf4000 equivalent) using 4 5 gallon buckets well drilled and filled with a mix of organic soil, compost, worm castings, perlite, moss.
Outside they will be in the middle of my fenced vegetable garden with unlimited space and amended with my own composted chicken manure/ kitchen scraps, black kow in each hole.
All plants are currently 3 weeks and the blue dreams are twice the size of the kush and g13. A couple dreams are smaller and closer to the size of the kush plants.

I'd let the big guys go outside and see what they do. I'd keep 3 in, 3 out with 4.5 x 4.5. The main inside issues include fitting in the tent and smell in the house. A carbon filter on a fan helps with smell in the house a lot.

My current grow is in a 4x4 tent with autopots and coco and topped/ a little lst. Last night went down to 0 C (32 degrees F) where I live and the tent is in an unheated solarium so the heater is in the tent and the reservoir for water (keeping warm) as well. These are 2 weeks through after getting flipped to 12/12 so may still get a little bigger. About 2 feet tall about about 3 feet wide now. About 5-6 weeks in veg stage which although not quick isn't that long.

DSC00442

elduderito

elduderito

what's your climate like for late harvests? it should really depend on the finishing times and adaptability or the outdoors of your genetics...

Feuerfrei

Feuerfrei

what's your climate like for late harvests? it should really depend on the finishing times and adaptability or the outdoors of your genetics...
First frost isn't typically until early to mid November, so a little long time shouldn't be an issue. 9-10 weeks would be the longest genetically speaking.

Feuerfrei

Feuerfrei

I'd let the big guys go outside and see what they do. I'd keep 3 in, 3 out with 4.5 x 4.5. The main inside issues include fitting in the tent and smell in the house. A carbon filter on a fan helps with smell in the house a lot.

My current grow is in a 4x4 tent with autopots and coco and topped/ a little lst. Last night went down to 0 C (32 degrees F) where I live and the tent is in an unheated solarium so the heater is in the tent and the reservoir for water (keeping warm) as well. These are 2 weeks through after getting flipped to 12/12 so may still get a little bigger. About 2 feet tall about about 3 feet wide now. About 5-6 weeks in veg stage which although not quick isn't that long.

View attachment 1117417
Awesome! Looking good. Smell won't be an issue for me. Have an exhaust fan but it's more for heat extraction than anything else. I have thought along the lines you did, with putting the big strong plants outside to become monsters, and a mix for inside, but then I've thought maybe for a quick pound or so to put the big girls inside and train them into a nice scrog and allow the smaller ones the long outdoor grow season to get more yield from the ones I have less of. Tough decision. I've got until the 8th or so to decide. That's when the available light will be close enough to go out without preflower. Probably will end up doing a mix. 2 blue dreams, a banana, and then the g13 is the variable.

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

Awesome! Looking good. Smell won't be an issue for me. Have an exhaust fan but it's more for heat extraction than anything else. I have thought along the lines you did, with putting the big strong plants outside to become monsters, and a mix for inside, but then I've thought maybe for a quick pound or so to put the big girls inside and train them into a nice scrog and allow the smaller ones the long outdoor grow season to get more yield from the ones I have less of. Tough decision. I've got until the 8th or so to decide. That's when the available light will be close enough to go out without preflower. Probably will end up doing a mix. 2 blue dreams, a banana, and then the g13 is the variable.

I find the outside gives volume but the inside gets frostier.

It's funny how a side view and top view can look very different ;-). This one's an Easy Haze. Smelling wonderful too !

That banana you're growing sounds interesting.

DSC00454

Latest posts

Top Bottom