which organic nutes to use?

• Thread starter pogostick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

pogostick

Im curently using Hesi as nutriton, but want to go fully organic. Any one that can give me a tip wich brand to go for?
Kind regars :)

E

E.T.

i swear by earth juice with hygrozyme and molasses. nothing but stellar results....not to mention an easy intro into organics. it's a great place to start...

Misterdirt

Misterdirt

I've had good luck with both Botanicaire and Bio Thrive, but I am not dedicated to any one product. Try what is available to you, in lower concentrations than the label suggests at first, and see if there are issues.

After buying it, I noticed that some of Bio Thrive's micronutrients come from added sulfates, though its macronutrients are from organic sources. I don't know what the regulations involving "organic" produce are, so I can't say whether this is an official violation of calling a product "organic."

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

I've had good luck with both Botanicaire and Bio Thrive, but I am not dedicated to any one product. Try what is available to you, in lower concentrations than the label suggests at first, and see if there are issues.

After buying it, I noticed that some of Bio Thrive's micronutrients come from added sulfates, though its macronutrients are from organic sources. I don't know what the regulations involving "organic" produce are, so I can't say whether this is an official violation of calling a product "organic."

A product only has to be 96% organic to get the OMRI stamp of approval

J

jaybird1620

I like Age Old Organics, and Blue Mountain Organics Super Plant Tonic. I have yet to try AN's organic line, but I have heard lots of rage about them. Now you have me thinking lol.

Z

zombywolf

I have done Earth Juice, Fox Farm, Age Old, Pure Blend, Bio Bizz And Pura Vida organic ferts. Pura Vida beats them all for various reasons. Earth Juice is inconsistant and all kinds of bio mass in it-like using sewage. Fox Farm is not better but way more expensive. Age Old is similar, but hard to find-who knows how old the fert in the bottle is when you buy it. Works better than Pure Blend. Bio Bizz is weaker and needs supplements. Pura is fine by itself, but you can add Hygrozyme and AN Nirvana for a tweak.

KAL EL

KAL EL

Get some premium organic soil and add some worm cast to it.
Doesn't get any easier than that.

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

I have done Earth Juice, Fox Farm, Age Old, Pure Blend, Bio Bizz And Pura Vida organic ferts. Pura Vida beats them all for various reasons. Earth Juice is inconsistant and all kinds of bio mass in it-like using sewage. Fox Farm is not better but way more expensive. Age Old is similar, but hard to find-who knows how old the fert in the bottle is when you buy it. Works better than Pure Blend. Bio Bizz is weaker and needs supplements. Pura is fine by itself, but you can add Hygrozyme and AN Nirvana for a tweak.

Fox Farm isn't organic

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter

Bio-Bizz is my favorite. Probably because I have more experience with it then the others. I tried all of them but Age Old and still prefer bio-bizz. It seems cleaner then Pura Vida. Pura Vida will spoil faster then Bio-Bizz if left to sit. I don't use the Bio-Bizz fish mix for the same reason. Stinking ass fish. Anyway, I would say the most important thing is to stick to it and perfect the one you choose. It's not the nutes it's the grower and their knowledge of those nutes.

For Bio-Bizz to work properly you need to use:
Bio-grow
Bio-Bloom
Root Juice
Alg-a-mic
Top-Max

Hygrozyme, Sweet, Nature's Necture Guano add 0-4-0 for a tweek.

I found Pura Vida needs supplements too. I do like it though. I have some and am using it right now.

Pura claims their nutes should not be bubbled or used as food source in tea.

Bio-grow is great for brewing compost tea. Use it instead of molasses.

So many nutes...... so little time....:)

fred

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
hey fred what supplements you rec for pura vida

Im currently using (in coco)

cal mag
silica (every other feed)
dark energy

doing feed - water - water

on water days they get hygrozyme

kinda lost on how to pump these flowers without killing the "organic" experiment

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
yeah a buddy of mine uses that age old - not sure what his yield is like (looks pretty good) because he will never give you a straight answer when you ask - lol

but his weed is very tasty and stony shit

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
hey fred what supplements you rec for pura vida

Im currently using (in coco)

cal mag
silica (every other feed)
dark energy

doing feed - water - water

on water days they get hygrozyme

kinda lost on how to pump these flowers without killing the "organic" experiment

I never perfected the Pura line. It looks like you have your minerals covered covered. Still room for some bloom enhancers. I would use Guano add 0-4-0 and Top Max to get them blooms going. Just something to bump the phosphorus and aid in blooming. idk. don't wanna steer ya wrong since I'm no Pura Vida Pro.

fred

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
yeah I feel pretty good about what I did in veg - they were some sickly clones that came out pretty nice

I was debating trying a top dressing to for bloom

thx for the honest answer

PankFlamingoMon

PankFlamingoMon

Motherlode how many ml of dark energy do you use per gallon? Thanks!

Z

zombywolf

Motherlode,

Pura Vida needs some type of bloom stimulator in addition to what you are already adding. You could use Top Max, Hydroplex or AN Nirvana to your bloom mix. I add molasses during the 2nd half of bloom as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom