Which organic soil and nutes??

• Thread starter iamachavvy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OGONLY

OGONLY

Ive previously used foff and coco mix and then used the humboldt nutrients natural line up, ran it for trainwreck, red diesel, and grand daddy purp, everything turned out really well

did of a run of supersoil not too long ago, but if you use RO, adding the cal mag in powdered form is key otherwise you will not have the true living soil by adding cal mag in, thats the biggest thing i would emphasize on. other than that, nice stuff. but i would lean towards the humboldt route, I just prefer to dose out the nutes and give it what it needs when it needs it in each stage lol,

I figure I don't need calmag because I added sul po mag which supplies magnesium. The shrimp compost as well as the lime are high in calcium. There are other sources of calcium as well in some of the ammendments, as I'm sure there are other mag sources in all that stuff I added too.

I kind of want to see if they can go the distance on this by itself. So far so good. If they start crying I will feed em right ha ha.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Ha!! Got to the party late again! Just a chime, someone mentioned BioCanna... I'm looking in that direction for my next project... for now I'm using the traditional worm compost mixed with a bunch of stuff. 50% Worm compost 20% armstrong brand organic garden soil 25% perlite and some dolomitic lime volcanic pumice and a wee bit o' sand. I water with some SuperThrive for Veg but that's about it. This round isn't done but next round I think I'm gonna spend the money to buy some BioCanna and see how it goes. For now the results are pretty good but can it get better? I'll find out

C

CT Guy

Ha!! Got to the party late again! Just a chime, someone mentioned BioCanna... I'm looking in that direction for my next project... for now I'm using the traditional worm compost mixed with a bunch of stuff. 50% Worm compost 20% armstrong brand organic garden soil 25% perlite and some dolomitic lime volcanic pumice and a wee bit o' sand. I water with some SuperThrive for Veg but that's about it. This round isn't done but next round I think I'm gonna spend the money to buy some BioCanna and see how it goes. For now the results are pretty good but can it get better? I'll find out

Personally, I'd stick with the worm castings, but drop them to 20-25%. Go 50% Peat Moss, 25% perlite/pumice/rice hulls. Amend with nutrients and minerals and you'll have a far superior soil mix.

C

chillsmoker

I figure I don't need calmag because I added sul po mag which supplies magnesium. The shrimp compost as well as the lime are high in calcium. There are other sources of calcium as well in some of the ammendments, as I'm sure there are other mag sources in all that stuff I added too.

I kind of want to see if they can go the distance on this by itself. So far so good. If they start crying I will feed em right ha ha.

my bad man, I wasn't callin your set up out, you sound like you ve got the supersoil right on, I was just throwing that in out in general for the SS cause all that phospho and shit in the gotta have the cal mag to do the work too lol.

Unfortunately my SS didn't go as strong as hoped and have been having to supplement nutes in flowering, but live and learn. Good luck with the ladies bro and a bountiful harvest be in your future!

CS

OGONLY

OGONLY

Thanks for the kind words chillsmoker. Been fun watching them every step of the way. I hope we both kill it this season bro!

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Personally, I'd stick with the worm castings, but drop them to 20-25%. Go 50% Peat Moss, 25% perlite/pumice/rice hulls. Amend with nutrients and minerals and you'll have a far superior soil mix.
Yea I went a little deep on the castings.. thanks for the tip, imma try it out, still gonna try feeding with some nute additives... I was thinking maybe some earth juice but then I saw the BioCanna and thought I might try it.. for now just water

O

Organicyumyum

ive gone through almost all of the organic lines out there and have found Bio Bizz to be the best line by far. Roots organic is pretty good too, but Bio Bizz is king. Add in some Budswel, compost teas, and molasses and you will be growing some of the tastiest herb on the planet. Know this: many of the "organic" lines out there are organic based and not truly organic. If you need to be sure, take a whiff and if it smells like poo, it's probably good.

C

CT Guy

Yea I went a little deep on the castings.. thanks for the tip, imma try it out, still gonna try feeding with some nute additives... I was thinking maybe some earth juice but then I saw the BioCanna and thought I might try it.. for now just water

I've read a university study that show 20% to be the optimal amount of castings. I'd consider moving away from bottled nutrients if you're already mixing your own soil. Much easier to just work those nutrients into your soil initially and let the microbes do their thing. :)

W

WackyBaccy

bio bizz nutes are good the soil quality is poor , but aint much more choice over here in the uk :mad0233:

B

breeder209

Empire Builder

I have just started using new soil called Empire Builder. It is made by Sanctuary soil and feed. I have been having good results with it. For nutes I use a little fish emulsion, teas, and really good water.

BiGGinZ

BiGGinZ

There needs to be a clarification between "organic soup style" and a soil mix the end product is 100 times better with an amended, recycled, organic soil mix just adding vermi-teas and r/o water, no "liquid organic nutes" line needed really at all, maybe some Fox Farm Big Bloom in the Tea with castings, blackstrap molasses, kelp meal, and you can add some Fish Ferts for Veg. All at 1/2 strength or so is what I do in a tea. Just to add life back into the soil and keep the life happy.

BiGGinZ

jean2

jean2

Many growers develop their own mixtures of raw soil, nutrients and absorptive material, but it is always good to find some commercial potting soil. Plants like to grow in a soil that is rich in N, lower P and K values with the ratio of 20:10:10. Many growers prefer using organic soil for growing marijuana, but as long as it has the appropriate N:P:K ratio, good acidity, and enough plant food to feed the plants for three moths, it will work fine. Even though we have a high quality organic soil, we have to use some high quality organic nutrients. I strongly recommend Advanced Nutrients products as it is a good choice for high quality nutrients needed for growing marijuana.

H

headiemeddie420

depends on what route you want to go, but if i were you i would get all the raw organic ingredients and mix up my own soil. Then if you see any deficiencies amend with liquid organic fertilizer

H

headiemeddie420

i would say use roots potting soil amended with 10 percent coco coir and 10 percent chunky perlite. After this you could do a whole range of things including adding worm castings, guanos, rockdusts (azomite), kelp meal, biochar/charcoal. In terms of bottled organics to supplement your soil id suggest biocanna, earth juice, roots organics, or even general organics- their soluable kelp is amazing

Top Bottom