which ph meter do you use, how long have you had it and do you like it?

• Thread starter Str8Dank
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Str8Dank

Str8Dank

well my ph meter died so i am in the market for a new one. i had a milwuakee SM101 and it was great for about 6 months then i thought the probe went bad, got a new one and same issue. im not sure which to buy but for now im gonna use tried and true drips. i found multiple people saying the had the same issue with my meter so im never buying anything from them again. for $100 i expect it to last more then 6 months! i emailed their support but i doubt they will do anything about it. i was thinking about going bluelab i use their trunchon ppm/ec pen and love it. its kind of known as the best ppm pen available not many people will contest that but there just isnt a ph meter with the same claim to fame.

so what's everyone using, how long have you had it and do you like it?

R

ReDLuBE

i use one i got from ebay for 7 bucks, its yellow hanna, also have the eco2 for backup

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've had my Hanna tri-meter for over a year now and I like it much better than the Hanna pH meter I was using. Buttons are easier to push, it's easier to calibrate, too. I can't remember the model number, it's black, measures EC (microSeimens/uS), ppm, temp and pH.

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
The blue lab combo meter is hands down the best on the maket way to use easy to calibrate and just fuckin rocks that's the one I would go with either that or the blue lab gardien witch is the continues reading tri meter from them it's super sick

H

Highdrophilia27

Any will work. If you had the money, or if I had the money, I would get one that has ppm and ph maybe even temp like Seamaiden.

G

GrowForIt

I have a Milwaukee sm802 that I've had for about 10 years, and it has served me very well. The only problems I had with it was I had to replace the probe twice. One day while checking nutes it fell in the res, so I figured it was trash. After draining the nutes out of it I took the battery out and sat it on top of a heater vent. I then went to the grow shop and bought a Hanna dip style ph pen and ppm pen @ about $100 each which i used for about 3 days and I absolutely hated them! So I ordered a Milwaukee mw802 which is the updated version of the sm802, and it works great. The readings stabilize quicker then the old version and it holds calibration perfectly as did the sm802. Btw the sm802 also still works perfectly after it was all dried out.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I urge you to check out or google ISFET mini lab ph pen!!!!! Had mine for close to 3 yrs with no issues. It is different from the typical glass probe types. It uses a silicon chip to register the ph. You store it dry !! Takes 2 drops to calibrate every few months. Mine has been spot on since I bought it. Made for lab work so they are very durable also. I went through the same issues as you and finally spent the extra money on the ISFET Mini lab. RB

tokinupon1

tokinupon1

Had a milwuakee Worked for 5 months pooped a probe had it a year pooped another probe. Bought my Hanna it had a bad probe from day one... Had seen the probe wasn't wet when I opened the box but thought nothing of it. Got a new probe and Havent had problems since it allways is really close when I re-cal it unlike the waukee.

I

IVIars

ph drops will work good if your water is relatively clear.

I have a Hanna 9813-0. It reads ppm, ph, and ec. I bought it 2 years ago for $250. Didnt store it in water for a year when i wasnt growing. It took a bit for the probe to read correct after leaving it in water. Need to replace the probe, but will prob get a new one. Still reads accurate, but is a pain to calibrate after the probe dried out. Takes a couple min to get proper reading also. Good meter, but dont wanna pay $125 for replacment probe

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
IVI, if you use a good cleaning solution (I use a two part solution a friend sent me) then you might very well be able to use that same probe again.

I've made the same mistake. Also, I use the 4.01 calibration solution for storage, rotated with each of the two parts of the cleaning solution.

I use a hanna 981504/7 for continuous monitoring of my nutrient solution and recently picked up a hanna 9813/6. I keep them clean, calibrate/clean the probes, and have never had any issues. Back in the day I used the cheapie Oaktons and they never seemed to last even with care. I do like the ability to replace probes .

I also picked up a milwaukee light meter. they seem to run a bit cheaper than the hanna's and are probably just as good.

also, I've bought a few items off of eseasongear.com and the prices seemed to be really good.

Dz1PnK

Dz1PnK

rockin my hanna combo(3in1) pen for 3yrs, with 6months off i had to replace the probe. i even let my boy use it n he got water inside, foggy display n all. just dried it under my hps for a few days, popped the batteries in n never looked back.

rusty

rusty

My cheap Milwaukee has served me well for a couple years, but I'm thinkin about getting one of these soon:

its waterproof and has a replaceable electrode…

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

I have Milwaukee MW 802, and it works great. Accurate, and needs very little adjustment. One thing to watch out for is the .68 conversion factor(not.5 or .7). Some one else's 1500 ppm's end up being 1050approx ppms( 1500ppms on the 802 would end up being around 2000-2100ppm on someone else's). So use EC(since it is all the same), which is a better way anyways..IMHO.

Top Bottom