Which Reflector for my grow room?

• Thread starter freelove7
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

freelove7

Bare Bulb or Reflector for my grow room?

Hi everyone. I have been learning from the farm for several months now and I am so thankful for the great info.

My question is Should I go bare or with a reflector and what works better?

I will have a 12x16 room with 12 large plants in 5gal coco/perlite hempys
It's a sealed room with 25k btu A/C and Co2 with Chhc-4 controler
I was planing on doing a vertical setup with bare bulbs, but I can only run 6k
and from what I am reading I am not sure if that's enough for vertical so

If I go with a reflector, which is better to cover 4 large plants and what is going to cost less to run?

they are each $50, one is a cool tube
http://www.accessdiscounts.com/ad50028.html

The other is a Hydro Farm Pro Reflector
http://stores.indoorgrowsource.com/-strse-72/Hydrofarm-Pro-Reflector-HPS/Detail.bok

I am planing a layout like so, X=light O=plant

O O O
_ X X
O O O
_ X X
O O O
_ X X
O O O

I know you all have tons of experience so I would really appreciate any help with this legal grow.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
well Im confused - are you doing vert? \

that pro reflector is for horizontal but should work fine for 1k over 4 plants if heat is not an issue (Id point out I have never seen that reflector in action though)

and if your doing vert and going to exhaust the lights go with the tubes - otherwise hang the bulbs bare

F

freelove7

Bare bulbs or vented Cool tubes for Vert?

Sorry I was not clear before

I am really wondering between these 2 options for a sealed room

1. Go with vert bare bulbs and put more money into A/C

2. Vert cool tubes venting the heat and less money on A/C

What in your experience what works best or cost less in the long run

I am hoping to get someone who has tried two or more of these and tell me what their experience was. Thanks FL

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
ok bro sorry I have never done vert

I can tell you I prefer not air cooling hoods - but this is not practical in all applications

Im sure some vert guys will be along and help ya out soon - peace

J

JonDoe

i think its more efficient 2 run sealed.i used 2 run xxl6in reflectors vented W/6in can fan.
Now,i can get away w/ bear bulbs becuse im sucking 50F or less during light on. but you have 2 watch out 4 condasation on in-comeing cold air where it meets hot air.
after this run i will b switcing 2 cool tubes.just ran out of $.

T

tomsawyer

Personally I think you get better concentrated light with the right reflector. Just look at an adjusta wing and how there are two hotspots out to the sides rather than one in the middle. (if you adjust it right, that is)

hiboy

hiboy

If your going air cooled sealed hoods, i have six in a row, first one is a magnum xxl ocho, then it steps down to my old ones sunmaster,, they are a lot smaller in dimensions, (4) then back to the ocho at the end. I have noticed signifigant size increase under the ochos.
\good luck

Caress of Steel

Caress of Steel

I grow in 4x4 tents, and wonder if the XXL's are overkill?

B

BoCo Buds

Sorry I was not clear before

I am really wondering between these 2 options for a sealed room

1. Go with vert bare bulbs and put more money into A/C

2. Vert cool tubes venting the heat and less money on A/C

What in your experience what works best or cost less in the long run

I am hoping to get someone who has tried two or more of these and tell me what their experience was. Thanks FL

Very rarely have I run across a place with too much a/c... 90+% of the time it is the opposite problem... air cooled or otherwise. venting the lights is also dependent on the outside air temps... warmer outside, no cooling... too cold outside, condensation... plus all the extra venting & pressure controls... and scrubbing.

Had I the money, bump the a/c & bare vert bulbs.

F

freelove7

Thanks Boco,
I am going to go with 4-6k vert bare bulbs with 25k A/C.
It will be in a cooler climate in the basement of a house with water cooled co2.
So from what I read this should be ok, right?

Latest posts

Top Bottom