Which Rosin Press To Buy?

• Thread starter vangs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wiltons Own

Wiltons Own

I actually went with neither bro. I purchased a sasquash ($2299) You can find them on Instagram @sasquashrosinpress. I don't have it on hand just yet (still being built) but I've seen guys pulling 31% using this press on flower (depends on quality) and 80% returns on keif. I had the oppurtunity to meet these guys at hempcon in SF and they pressed a 2g nug for me and I got about .13 in return off of that one bud. That right there sold me on it but do some more research on all the different presses they have out there cause we both know there's a lot. Also check out @lowtemp_plates, with these guys u can customize and building your own press the way you see fit. Hope this helps you out and give you a lil more of an idea of what else is out there.

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

6.5 percent return? I feel like you could make one out of an arbor press. That's basically all it is plus heated plates.

Wiltons Own

Wiltons Own

6.5 percent return? I feel like you could make one out of an arbor press. That's basically all it is plus heated plates.
26% return SwizzleStix and your correct you can build your own very easily and it would be decently affordable but I went with sasquash because of their reputation here in California is unmatched and constantly putting up great returns. The customer service is awesome and workmanship is flawless

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

2016-02-03_21.48.34_resized_1024x1024.png

Fuckers need to learn how to weld,the whole thing looks pretty wonky to me,not saying it doesnt work but build quality is shit.

vangs

vangs

sasquach looks like its cheap. rosin technology or even gorosin has solid products. the gorosin has a unit for 3900 and has 9000lb of pressure

Wiltons Own

Wiltons Own

sasquach looks like its cheap. rosin technology or even gorosin has solid products. the gorosin has a unit for 3900 and has 9000lb of pressure
You can look at it on a screen all day and think somethings cheap until you see it in action and the sasquash is $2300 with 40,000lbs of pressure so I'm not too sure what your point in making that statement was all about but I'm sure there are better presses out there. Sasquash caught my eye and I was just passin the info on to you incase you haven't heard of them before but if you wanna spend $1600 more on a press with only 9,000lbs rather 40k more power to you

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

26% return SwizzleStix and your correct you can build your own very easily and it would be decently affordable but I went with sasquash because of their reputation here in California is unmatched and constantly putting up great returns. The customer service is awesome and workmanship is flawless
.13g/2.0g = .065×100 = 6.5% it's not 2x.13

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

Or you could do this way .13g = 130mg yeild you started with 2000mg. 130 mg / 2000mg = .065x100= 6.5 %

souf69

souf69

Checkout the lab grade carver presses on eBay, plus you have value for your press, not some Chinese hokey pokey, shitty welded homemade, not worth anything when your done shit. Kinda like a snap on tool vs have freight.

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

True to was keeping it lo tech but yes same thing heat it with a torch and press. Save about 2k

C

Catmang

I know i'm late to the party BUT after purchasing a rosinator when they were brand new and paying the 4k I wouldn't recommend it. For one they have absolutely horrid customer service, they take forever to respond to emails and once they sold me the product they never answered me again. I am having problems with the watlow box that they installed in the temp controller. Every so often the press will be set to ~180 degrees but when you measure the temp it'll read something way different which ALWAYS ruins my product. The size of the metal pads are incredible small and you can only really do an oz at a time. Pls don't be fooled for their youtube ad video! He is using hash in that video so it looks like he got a much higher yield than you will with flower

After doing some research i'd go with the elysian research driptek

In fact if I can't fix my watlow box I will be picking one up

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Returns don't play that big of a factor on what machine you use. Your starting material is key.

Imo, the best ones are built or diy. I pull killer runs with my harbor freight 20 ton press using 3x5 plates. I've ran 4x7 plates as well, found the 3x5 worked better. Do smaller runs, get more returns. The more material you use, it's possible to leave a lot more rosin in the big bag/puck you started with. We helped a guy running 1oz of flower at a time. He was getting shit yields. We told him to do half oz, then qtr oz and post results. The qtr runs pulled quite a bit more rosin than the half oz and oz runs. By average weight to return figures.

DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks everyone for the info, @DemonTrich curious I am considering creating one, what type plates are you using, are they heated, and a link possible?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Low temp plates is who I bought mine from. John owns it, tell him Dave from Detroit sent ya. Should give you a discount. I'm selling my setup. There's absolutely ZERO profit in rosin at this time. After doing all the work, to break even when I can have someone run it for bho, not do any work, and still come out ahead. It's a no brainer.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Check out extracted Colorado. I love his machine, but I think it's possible he might have a problem keeping to time lines. Other than that, the machine is second to none. Go to my IG for more details

As for people talking % and returns. All the presses will give good returns. IMO, the shape of the plates makes a big deal. a 7 x 3 plate equaling 21 sq inchs is much better than square plate the same size. You want that material from the center of your press to escape as soon as possible. So square takes longer for the center to exit than rectangular. So forget yields, that is just a sales gimmick. I used to have a 12 ton on my plates, upgraded to a 2o ton thinking it would be better. Nope, there is a point of diminished returns.

Extracted has been winning cups for years now. His machines are great.

DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck

Premium Member
Supporter
.... a 7 x 3 plate equaling 21 sq inchs is much better than square plate the same size. You want that material from the center of your press to escape as soon as possible. So square takes longer for the center to exit than rectangular. So forget yields, that is just a sales gimmick. I used to have a 12 ton on my plates, upgraded to a 2o ton thinking it would be better. Nope, there is a point of diminished returns.
Everyone thanks for all the great info here. Bulldog your truly helpful, is there a source for those plates and heater? Thanks...

Top Bottom