Which sativa do you love?

• Thread starter curiousorange
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
curiousorange

curiousorange

Hi Everyone,

I recently discovered the joys of Jack Herer after completing my first grow. I've spent most of my life smoking cheapish hash, so this has been a revelation. Does anyone have any recommendations for which sativa I should grow next? I'm particularly interesting in turning it into dry sift hash. I can only grow one plant at a time because of family/space etc, which I do in a very wide and dense scrog for yield, so I'd really like to get the right strain so I don't waste my time. Is gelato too strong? Should I consider a hybrid, as JH is one isn't it? I like citrus strains I think, and I'm very curious about Cali strains.

What are you passionate about?

Anyway, thanks in advance and happy growing.

xx

curiousorange

curiousorange

Hiya! Don't mind. Auto or fem. I use auto to determine the strains that I like, then fem to grow them bigger so I can make a long term stock (or I will do...just about to chop my second grow: https://growdiaries.com/diaries/119867-grow-journal-by-mmmlovelytomatoes)...

But what I find with Jack Herer is that rather than elevating my mood as most weed does, regardless of what the mood actually is, it adjusts and fills my world with sunshine.

xx

hyp3rids

hyp3rids

Hyp3
Supporter
We are HUGE sativa fans so have lots to recommend. Snowhigh's pure Panama Red is exceptional sativa. Amazing high, 100% positivity. An amazing antidepressant. Same can be said Vibe Collectives Lambsbread... They should call that strain 'joy' because it's all you feel when you try her. You should also look at old school hazes if sativa's are your thing. Plenty of those around. Flowering times can be double or more, but it's well worth the wait as the yields are massive and the high's are incredible. FD

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Hi Everyone,

I recently discovered the joys of Jack Herer after completing my first grow. I've spent most of my life smoking cheapish hash, so this has been a revelation. Does anyone have any recommendations for which sativa I should grow next? I'm particularly interesting in turning it into dry sift hash. I can only grow one plant at a time because of family/space etc, which I do in a very wide and dense scrog for yield, so I'd really like to get the right strain so I don't waste my time. Is gelato too strong? Should I consider a hybrid, as JH is one isn't it? I like citrus strains I think, and I'm very curious about Cali strains.

xx
Durban Poison. And Jack Herer. So I crossed the 2.

Go to the seed sales section if you are looking.

We_Toke_Chronic

We_Toke_Chronic

I have a Jack Herer dominant Lavender Jack cross. It’s Lavender Jack x Vanilla Frosting and then crossed back to Lavender Jack. Probably the most thc caked Jack cut I’ve ever had 🔥

if you have access to a Blue Dream clone you can’t go wrong with the real deal blue dream! Or Guava Kush (I’ve been seeing a lot of cuts going around but haven’t grown it yet).

curiousorange

curiousorange

Goddamn it so many strains so little time. How I'd love ten plants growing all the time. Two harvests a year if I'm lucky. I'm thinking Gelato, Green Crack, Sour Diesel and Orange Sherbet will give me a good idea of which type of sativa I like. But now I'm interested in Durban Poison and Panama Red. Wish they'd legalise over here - I'd go to friggin town.

hyp3rids

hyp3rids

Hyp3
Supporter
Goddamn it so many strains so little time. How I'd love ten plants growing all the time. Two harvests a year if I'm lucky. I'm thinking Gelato, Green Crack, Sour Diesel and Orange Sherbet will give me a good idea of which type of sativa I like. But now I'm interested in Durban Poison and Panama Red. Wish they'd legalise over here - I'd go to friggin town.
The first 4 strains you mention aren't really sativa's, but you can't go wrong with Sour Diesel which is sativa dom... Green crack is basically Super Skunk which is less sativa leaning than ordinary skunk. Gelato and Orange Sherbet have so many strains mixed into them, you won't really get any kind of sativa buzz. Both lean towards heavy indica's. Look at what ACE Seeds and Cannabiogen have to offer. Both sell worked Sativa lines that are easy to grow and give you the wonderful electric high you're after. ✌️

curiousorange

curiousorange

The first 4 strains you mention aren't really sativa's, but you can't go wrong with Sour Diesel which is sativa dom... Green crack is basically Super Skunk which is less sativa leaning than ordinary skunk. Gelato and Orange Sherbet have so many strains mixed into them, you won't really get any kind of sativa buzz. Both lean towards heavy indica's. Look at what ACE Seeds and Cannabiogen have to offer. Both sell worked Sativa lines that are easy to grow and give you the wonderful electric high you're after. ✌️
Wow really? I didn't know that so thanks very much for the info. I've just been going on the various stats from the seed companies and different people's top ten lists. Deffo don't want much to do with skunk. My teenage years were littered with skunk whiteys. Just took a look at your hyp3rids website. Wow. That's high end stuff. Does anyone else wished they lived on the side of a mountain with a pile of seeds and some lush fertile land?

ZODD.

ZODD.

Hi Everyone,

xx
Agent Orange is my favorite Sativa Hybrid.

20210915 185833
20210916 160035
Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Hey man we're very much in the same boat. Illegal area, and love sativas. I ordered Green Crack, as well as some GG#4 just because I like a little couch lock now and then, as my first seeds. Planted Green Crack first. As someone else pointed out while it is advertised as sativa dominant (mine advertised as 70%), they have a lot of indica character, leaves quite broad and mine have stayed low and have tight node spacing. These pics are from day 63, 16 days into 12/12. I used a lot of the stretch to fill the net, but had that done by day 12 of flower, so hopefully I'll get another 10 days or so of upward stretch. Just starting to see flowers.

FB419AD9 C9CA 4092 B50A 8D51C9A29261
16DF342B 2098 439C A367 9CE6571F39E0
curiousorange

curiousorange

Hey man we're very much in the same boat. Illegal area, and love sativas. I ordered Green Crack, as well as some GG#4 just because I like a little couch lock now and then, as my first seeds. Planted Green Crack first. As someone else pointed out while it is advertised as sativa dominant (mine advertised as 70%), they have a lot of indica character, leaves quite broad and mine have stayed low and have tight node spacing. These pics are from day 63, 16 days into 12/12. I used a lot of the stretch to fill the net, but had that done by day 12 of flower, so hopefully I'll get another 10 days or so of upward stretch. Just starting to see flowers.
Wow looking fresh!!! There's gonna be some beautiful colas jumping outta that pretty soon. Wish I had a little more space to try all these girlies.

hyp3rids

hyp3rids

Hyp3
Supporter
16 days into 12/12 there will still be a bit of stretch. But look at those big indica leaves. I'd say she won't stretch much, but if you want her to adjust the height of your lights, then bring them down in a week or so when she starts to bud properly.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Thanks man! How low would you take them? I've got them at 16", but I'm only at 75% and getting 1050 PPFD! If I've got room to turn them up how high should I be looking to go do you think in terms of ppfd/DLI? They certainly don't look like they're being pushed too hard and expressing deficiencies so I'm assuming they can take some more?

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Wow looking fresh!!! There's gonna be some beautiful colas jumping outta that pretty soon. Wish I had a little more space to try all these girlies.
Thanks mate! Yeah I can't wait to see them start to stack. Being the first grow everything is new and amazing so I look forward to being the owner of some sweet cherry colas!

Bahrain79

Bahrain79

Raspberry parfait is a sativa hybrid from Humboldt Seed company that I grew last year. Fantastic smell and effect. Great body and mind effect with good energy. Perfect daytime smoke. I'm growing another sativa hybrid from HSC this year, banana mango to is looking good and has a great smell. Probably another 3-4 weeks before it gets chopped.

Top Bottom