Which sativa do you love?

• Thread starter curiousorange
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

Where I live it's almost impossible to see any kind of decent sativa. If I'm going to try grow some it will be Dr. Grinspoon or nothing. Im not giving up. But it's like living in Germany and trying to find a Bud Lite. Just not a thing here. Trying to actually smoke a different smoke from another part of the world and get the best. Thats something hard to achieve. But worth trying. I won't give up. But so far nothing. Unless Northern light early 2000s is a sativa. Then that counts as one.
NL is hybrid. The problem is even if you score the best landrace thai on earth, you aren't going to want to grow it anywhere but outdoors below about 20*lat. Indoors is only gonna work for breeding.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Wouldn't work. Literally every pack is an indica. Be like trying to find a needle in a stack of needles. I've tried growing about half a dozen. All were just ok
I’m sorry and I mean it. Been smoking for 56 years now. Grew up on the Mexican border by Juarez. Anyone telling you Mexican brick all sucked are full of shit. What we sent north often was crap. But the southern Mexican strains such as Michoacán, Acapulco and Oaxacan were often kick ass. A lot of it true creeper. Smoke, get high and be sitting around laughing doing it. Then you’d feel it coming up your back, into your head and BOOM! Outer space, brother. I’ve been so screwed up I puked because no end was up.

I hope you can get some good sativa. My IBL Durban is a huge hit. Landrace sativa brought from Africa by Dirty Jim in 1979. Maintained by him since in Ketchikan. I’ve kept it pure and it’s a pain in the ass. But someone has to do it because ACC has stopped selling regular seeds.

Ponky

Ponky

I’m sorry and I mean it. Been smoking for 56 years now. Grew up on the Mexican border by Juarez. Anyone telling you Mexican brick all sucked are full of shit. What we sent north often was crap. But the southern Mexican strains such as Michoacán, Acapulco and Oaxacan were often kick ass. A lot of it true creeper. Smoke, get high and be sitting around laughing doing it. Then you’d feel it coming up your back, into your head and BOOM! Outer space, brother. I’ve been so screwed up I puked because no end was up.

I hope you can get some good sativa. My IBL Durban is a huge hit. Landrace sativa brought from Africa by Dirty Jim in 1979. Maintained by him since in Ketchikan. I’ve kept it pure and it’s a pain in the ass. But someone has to do it because ACC has stopped selling regular seeds.
I've been actively trying to get global strains. Like Durban poison. And Hawaiian and Mexican and South American landraces. But I haven't had luck on my seeds. But I narrowed it down. I want that real Dr.Grinspoon. real Durban Poison. That orange and black dark purple weed from Nimben. And basically any of the rare exotics that aren't bred into oblivion. Eventually I'll find that nice sativa. But it could take years. And outdoor from a place where outdoor is good. This is the journey. Here it's literally all kush all the time. Or pooh from the legal store. And seeds as we all know are hit and miss.

Ponky

Ponky

NL is hybrid. The problem is even if you score the best landrace thai on earth, you aren't going to want to grow it anywhere but outdoors below about 20*lat. Indoors is only gonna work for breeding.
Here outdoor is always second rate. If it doesn't do well indoor it's going to be hard to make it work.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

I've been actively trying to get global strains. Like Durban poison. And Hawaiian and Mexican and South American landraces. But I haven't had luck on my seeds. But I narrowed it down. I want that real Dr.Grinspoon. real Durban Poison. That orange and black dark purple weed from Nimben. And basically any of the rare exotics that aren't bred into oblivion. Eventually I'll find that nice sativa. But it could take years. And outdoor from a place where outdoor is good. This is the journey. Here it's literally all kush all the time. Or pooh from the legal store. And seeds as we all know are hit and miss.
I sell them. Multiple people here have bought them. Listed in Cannabis Seeds section.

Ponky

Ponky

I sell them. Multiple people here have bought them. Listed in Cannabis Seeds section.
Nice. I never looked through the seeds here. After the pink Lemonade and Jelly Breath I'm thinking a Grinspoon. But I need to have the right 100 days for flowering. Didn't realize it was a Humboldt. The Lemon Garlic OG and the Chemdog from Humboldt I found disappointing. But I think I was probably not getting legit seeds from that place.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Nice. I never looked through the seeds here. After the pink Lemonade and Jelly Breath I'm thinking a Grinspoon. But I need to have the right 100 days for flowering. Didn't realize it was a Humboldt. The Lemon Garlic OG and the Chemdog from Humboldt I found disappointing. But I think I was probably not getting legit seeds from that place.
84760526 82C1 4BC5 8E6F 921C312C3092

Durban Poison

curiousorange

curiousorange

Purple Haze, Thai, Acapulco Gold, Maui wowie, ATF, Green crack, Durban poison, SSH, SLH, Amnesia Haze, SourD, Tangie99, Strawberry Cough, Blue Dream, Train wreck, Jack Herer, Harlequin, Guava, Moby Dick....

Just so many I like; but some I wouldn't want to necessarily grow, unless I'm setup properly. Sativa's can be a big challenge.
Ah that's really interesting to know. I didn't realise they were more difficult that indica. I wonder if i'll get a rude awakening with my next grow. I'm gonna probs do 3 contemporary classics, like sour diesel, gelato and orange sherbet.

curiousorange

curiousorange

Where I live it's almost impossible to see any kind of decent sativa. If I'm going to try grow some it will be Dr. Grinspoon or nothing. Im not giving up. But it's like living in Germany and trying to find a Bud Lite. Just not a thing here. Trying to actually smoke a different smoke from another part of the world and get the best. Thats something hard to achieve. But worth trying. I won't give up. But so far nothing. Unless Northern light early 2000s is a sativa. Then that counts as one.
haha i know what you mean. I like bid lite strength but when I'm in german all i ever find is weird lemon flavoured stuff that's a similar strength.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I've never had any issues with Sativas more than Indicas. If anything, Indicas are more difficult.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Last time I saw real thai was almost 40 years ago. 30 years ago we were growing skunk and afghani. Maybe if the king legalizes it will come back. Weed is like music- people still love what they grew up with.
Go to Thailand. Eat banana splits for breakfast while smoking Thai stick and sit on the hotel balcony and wait for the tidal wave. Been there done that and got that t-shirt.

shaganja

shaganja

Been smoking all this modern dispo weed, and have to say, they cant compare with Acapulco gold. I really love this plant. She feels so happy, and calming, like leo from that 70s show! Lol Acapulco gold is bad ass weed!

SativaKid

SativaKid

Hi Everyone,

I recently discovered the joys of Jack Herer after completing my first grow. I've spent most of my life smoking cheapish hash, so this has been a revelation. Does anyone have any recommendations for which sativa I should grow next? I'm particularly interesting in turning it into dry sift hash. I can only grow one plant at a time because of family/space etc, which I do in a very wide and dense scrog for yield, so I'd really like to get the right strain so I don't waste my time. Is gelato too strong? Should I consider a hybrid, as JH is one isn't it? I like citrus strains I think, and I'm very curious about Cali strains.

What are you passionate about?

Anyway, thanks in advance and happy growing.

xx
I have a Sativa I bred from Landrace Thai. It grows like a Hybrid with a 8-9 week of 12/12 to Amber Trichomes. Over 20% Total THC and Loaded with THCV.

Top Bottom