Which strain to grow and clone availability

• Thread starter t7rln
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

t7rln

I am looking for some advice on the process of choosing which strain to grow. Of course I want to purchase clones and this grow will not be for personal use, but intended for the collective (sale).

Do I tour my local dispensaries, ask what supply they are looking for? Look for what is at the top of the price list?

Put my ear to the local scene and find out what patients are wanting?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks,

T7

S

strawD

well the strains that are getting the most $$ at the clinics probably wont be as easy to get cuts of, unless you have a nice friend. If you get something unique, it could help your odds and value.

S

strawD

wait, thats just me thinking rationally. if you're in cali, you should obvious be growing the sfv-afghani-lemon-larry-chem-OG-hindu-pakistani-kush.

T

t7rln

wait, thats just me thinking rationally. if you're in cali, you should obvious be growing the sfv-afghani-lemon-larry-chem-OG-hindu-pakistani-kush.

Obviously(lol)...:nod

So if none of my friends are willing to provide...then would you suggest buying seeds and going that route?

T7

buffbuds

buffbuds

I'd buy mix packs from 2 or 3 breeders, grow them all in your system of choice, take CUTS AND LABEL them.... god I hate when people "forget" what genetics I give them, and can't say for sure I'm getting what I gave them back.. Then find the plant that grew the best, call it something catchy or sell it as "*****'s choice" By doing that, you get to pick from 20-30 seeds, (well, 5-20 females or something like that) that are all very different, and you will more easily find what would work in your particular system faster than trying one at a time for a few years. I did that when I was starting, then lost interest, just went with clones that sold well, and my quality/the excitment of those buying from me went down at that point. Now I'm back to seeds. it pleases many people

D

Dubwobble

If it is not for personal use, does that mean you don't use marijuana?

If you don't use the good herb, your prob. gonna have a hard time growing something that people will want.

You stated that you are in the SF Bay Area.
The best thing to grow in the hopes of selling full units of is OG Kush or GDP/PK/Urkle. You can always sell these strains if your product is good.

You can get these as cuts or seeds from the bay area clubs.

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

If it is not for personal use, does that mean you don't use marijuana?

If you don't use the good herb, your prob. gonna have a hard time growing something that people will want.

my thoughts exactly:animbong:

W

wreckie

Anyone know how to order clones from Clones r us? anyone? there in the bay area somewhere

N

nog

i agree with buffbuds, get a load of f3 seeds, pick the pheno that suits YOU best, and clone it, then again if its not for you and you are trading it then grow something commercial and fast finishing

T

t7rln

Awesome information guys...thanks a lot.

Started smoking @ the age of ten years old...so, yes I do smoke. I just haven't smoked for a few years and there have been seasons in my life where I smoke a lot, and seasons when I don't smoke at all.

The majority of my smoking experience was teens/twenties. I am mid 40's now and things are a bit different now a days.

I think I can use both lines of advice. I will start with some popular clones, and order seeds and walk through the experience of selection being evident through results.

This forum is awesome. Good folks here.

Thank you, deeply,

T7rln

Top Bottom