Which Tent to Use?

• Thread starter outwest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I expanding my setup with the addition of a 4x6 tent. I currently doing everything in a 4x4, which has been great.

My question is this: should I use the larger tent as my flowering room? I'm never running more than 6 in flower at a time.

Thanks!

outwest

putembk

putembk

imo that's really crowding them in there. I have a 4x8' tent and I have five in there now and really should have four. Keep in mind that I am trying to max out the yield with less plants to stay compliant in Colo. I have a strain right now that is 48" tall and that is just about as tall as my tent can take. With smaller plants the tent will obviously hold more. I am going to expand to a 6x6 tent for flower next fall.
Keep one thing in mind, if you have a tent full of plants and you get mites...it's hard to get to all those little bitches.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Thanks, pute. I'll definitely move the flowering to the 4x6. I've got some moving and rearranging to do!

outwest

J

Jaybles85

It always helps to have a bit more room to move around in. I didn't use all the space in my 4x8 tent so that i could put a dehumidifier in there and so I didn't have to remove plants just to get to the back ones.

putembk

putembk

It always helps to have a bit more room to move around in. I didn't use all the space in my 4x8 tent so that i could put a dehumidifier in there and so I didn't have to remove plants just to get to the back ones.
That advise is from someone who has been there and done that, don't forget the fans.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Thanks, guys. I've got things dialed in, just need more space!

outwest

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I run 6 that I flower at 24". I've made some mods to the closet for this run that's given me about 18" additional in head room. Unfortunately I won't be able to set up the 4x6 right away (serious reconfig of my basement needed), but that will become my flower room for sure. Thanks!

outwest

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Wish I had room to grow outdoors. Mother nature is sick!

outwest

putembk

putembk

i run 18 plants in a 4x8 in 5 gal pots that i flower at 18 inchs...its perfect imo

Ok, it's close to bed time and I'm fucked up so please forgive me if.....ahhh what???? Eighteen plants in 32 sq ft?? So, they should top out at 36" and have a diameter of approximately 30"?? Talk about a sea of green. Dude you can make use of space way better than me. My hat (ball cap) is off to you.
How do you keep from having every problem that I can possibly imagine. let alone move around in there?? Sorry man but I definitely want some of your meds.

putembk

putembk

Holly shit, learn something every day on this site. First, they appear to be about 14" tall right now. Wow what a jungle when they grow out. Second, won't work in Colo with the laws we have here. Third, plants that are 60" tall aren't that easy to move around, especially that many. You must do a good job on the bugs, humidity and mildew. Again, hats off.

R

recreationaluse

i run 40 clones in 4x8 . 5 day veg(more like hardening). no need to move around, water from all flaps, have 3 fans hanging and circulating off the tents post. run 6" inline for light cooling(y connectors no inline crap), and window ac unit vented straight into tent. Very fucking crowded but I make it work

R

recreationaluse

i find it easier and more economical to keep mothers out of tents. only used them if i had no additional room and had flowers and veggers in same room. what kind of tent, hoping youre not messing with agromax tents

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
i find it easier and more economical to keep mothers out of tents. only used them if i had no additional room and had flowers and veggers in same room. what kind of tent, hoping youre not messing with agromax tents

Thanks for the tip. No agromax here, hydrohut. I've got nowhere else to put them so. . .

outwest

R

recreationaluse

funny I have to mention, had a whole forum on agromax tents and i can no longer find it. htg must have payed the mod's to have them remove it. why are using tents? co2, stealth? just wandering. I started with hopes of expanding into co2 but when i seen the difference my plants were having with just 74 degree temps, I was so amazed that I have stalled on the co2 equipment. good luck with your tent and growing

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
funny I have to mention, had a whole forum on agromax tents and i can no longer find it. htg must have payed the mod's to have them remove it. why are using tents? co2, stealth? good luck with your tent and growing

Some threads were lost when they updated the site. I'm using tents because of convenience and the ability to easily control multiple environments.

When you can veg/flower/breed all the the same room but in separate tents thats pretty sweet if you ask me

Great minds think alike! Whatup DanK?!

outwest

southstreets

southstreets

Yea I like the fact that u can Tare down In a short amount of time if need b.. Got myself a 10x6 veg tent and a 10x10 flower tent! Love it

R

recreationaluse

same here i just got another tent as well this week. Its my second 4x8 and this ones for my mothers as the other is for flowering. I veg in a closet. Tents are awesome in my opinion based on the simple fact that you can have multiple tents in one room doing separate functions and separate climates. When you can veg/flower/breed all the the same room but in separate tents thats pretty sweet if you ask me
becareful on the breeding. tried this and failed miserably I have. males were in tent in same room pollen managed to get around somehow, of course I have a hard time following cleansing protocols due to medicating and this is evident even when males are in complete different rooms. No longer breed, constantly buying new strains and seeing what the world has to offer thru other breeders

Latest posts

Top Bottom