Which way would be best?

• Thread starter symbiote420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
symbiote420

symbiote420

New to breeding!, but I've done a couple crosses like 1)Dream Girl = the Purps x Sour Diesel, and 2)Dream Cruise = Afgooey x Sour Diesel. I haven't grown either strain (just don't have the room right now) but I gave my people plenty beans to last them awhile, anyway my question. Would pollinating the whole plant produce better quality seeds than just painting a couple buds so the plant still produces bud or is the same quality of seed produced? I ask this because I know when a plant is seeded it doesn't produce as strong a buzz as sinsemilla.

J

JCashman

quality of seed depends on quality of the host plant and growing conditions

the only difference between pollinating a branch versus the whole plant is quantity of seed, not quality ;)

edit) PS - more seeds = more chances to find whatever your looking for

GL!

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
there is a bit of debate on these boards re: whether seedless weed is more potent then seeded

old school thought was that when the plant was seeded it would expend more energy to the seeds then trichome/thc production

I assume you have smoked your seeded branches - did you notice anything different about them?

D

Dryland Farmer

I have been growing the same strain since 1983. I always grow a seeded crop. I only smoke seeded weed. I have always preferred it. Lots of good seed is necessary for my methods. This will be the first year I will be going seedless. I will know more later this fall....I hope it makes it stronger, but why?

I am pretty isolated from my old peer group so no one has smoked my last season's product except myself. I found out it is not necessary to smoke much last week. I was pretty much smoking 24/7 for the last year. Last week I quit for 2 days. I went from smoking 4-6 j's a day to 2 pinners and actually feel higher.

Top Bottom