which would be better...

• Thread starter phrank monklin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

phrank monklin

I am wondering which of the following two Mr. Nice strains would be best suited to the 12/12 from seed method:

Neville's Haze x Afghan Skunk
or
Mango Haze x Afghan Skunk

I think that the Neville's Haze x Afghan Skunk would be best, but your thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

phrank

S

seachange

i'd prefer the former for what should be a more potent head - but you might be looking at a couple extra weeks flowering on some phenotypes.

S

sativablast

hehe i had the same problem as you i 1st ordered mango skunk then changed at last minute to nevilles skunk. Ill grow out straight mango haze 1 day without the skunk added for the real head high but Id never order straight nevilles so i chose it. Hopefully can find a 10-12 week nevilles high fingers crossed. Check out the mr nice forums theres some grow diarys from both strains.

R

Rolln J

how big do plants get when you start/run on 12/12?

and does a 55 day strain still finish on day 55?

L

l33t

a haze hybrid plant grown 12/12 from seed indoors can easily produce over 3 oz if grown well but some phenos will yield a bit less. I got approx 2.5oz per plant average from 7 f1 girls that were flowered from seed and took about 14weeks to fully mature

Fast indica/sat hybrids or pure indicas that would normally take about 9weeks to finish will need ~11weeks total from germination when flowered from seed , with late finishers like pure sats or sat dominant hybrids flowering from seed is a good option as the plants still veg a bit and grow a lot by the time they are flowering and and can finish over 6-7 feet if given enough light soil and space to grow..

I have grown over 50 different F1 plants from various lines with this method and I find the best canditates for this type of growing are long flowering sat plants and 60/40 sat/ind 10-12weeker hybrids for example practical haze hybrid strains like SSH and MangoHaze. These seem to grow to the perfect size when grown with enough light, end up around 3.5-5.5feet by the time they are done.

R

Rolln J

a haze hybrid plant grown 12/12 from seed indoors can easily produce over 3 oz if grown well but some phenos will yield a bit less. I got approx 2.5oz per plant average from 7 f1 girls that were flowered from seed and took about 14weeks to fully mature

Fast indica/sat hybrids or pure indicas that would normally take about 9weeks to finish will need ~11weeks total from germination when flowered from seed , with late finishers like pure sats or sat dominant hybrids flowering from seed is a good option as the plants still veg a bit and grow a lot by the time they are flowering and and can finish over 6-7 feet if given enough light soil and space to grow..

I have grown over 50 different F1 plants from various lines with this method and I find the best canditates for this type of growing are long flowering sat plants and 60/40 sat/ind 10-12weeker hybrids for example practical haze hybrid strains like SSH and MangoHaze. These seem to grow to the perfect size when grown with enough light, end up around 3.5-5.5feet by the time they are done.

thx for the info, many moons ago when I went to holland I heard of people doing this...

P

phrank monklin

? for l33t

l33t-

How many Sativa dominant seedlings would you start under a 600 watt hps. I was thinking either 9 or 16. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Is it unreasonable to start with 9 seedlings, cull the males, flower out 4 females, and expect to finish with 8 to 12 zips..?

phrank

PS - I will probably use 2-3 gallon hempy buckets.

L

l33t

Youre welcom Rolln J

Hi phrank monklin,

I would say a good number per 600w light for a 12/12 from seed grow is 6-9 female plants if working with pure sats (take more space/airy structure) but with sat dominant hybrids you can go with more plants, 12 plants maximum.

Personally I always like to start off with 50% more seeds than I need cause there may be more males or some slow/bad plants that are best culled. So if I need to finish 6 females I will start 18 seeds. Sexing takes only few weeks from germination with 12/12 from seed so very quickly you can focus on females.

BTW how much is a zip ? An oz (28g) or is it less?

L

l33t

Well its easy to get 8-12 zips from a 600w lamp no matter the grow style as long as its a descent yielder, if you go 12/12 from seed you just need a bit more plants than if you had vegged a bit. So with a few weeks veg you should get 8-12 oz with 12/12 from seed you will just need a few more plants.

Top Bottom