Whiplash OG- Auto Flower grow diary.

• Thread starter DrGruber
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DrGruber

DrGruber

Hello,
It's been a while since I've been a contributing member here but I do check in often and I thought I'd go ahead and post a new journal here.
This one will be Whiplash OG from Greenthumb Seeds.
It's an auto flower that is said to have the yield and bud formation of OG Kush without the lanky growth associated with it.
I should end up with a 2 foot tall plant that puts out about 200 grams per square meter.
Nice, dense, buds, and a small profile sounds really good to me.
It should also be finished in 90 days from seed.

I popped 5 of them and they all germinated and broke soil. Day one was the 10th of November.

My plan....
Promix
5 gallon pots
Jacks Classic Hydro 3-2-1
2000 Watts HPS
Not sure if I should do 18 or 20 hours of light. (Any suggestions?)

They are currently under T5 lights running 24 hours but will soon get transferred to the other room under the big lights.

I've never run an auto indoors so any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Whiplash og 1
Whiplash og2
DrGruber

DrGruber

One week after breaking soil, I transplanted them into 1 gallon pots and put them under a 1000 watt MH.

Whiplash3jpg
Growinginil

Growinginil

Hey, they are looking great so far. I have grown quite a few autos and they do have their advantages. One of the advantages is you can run them 24/0. This can help as far as humidity swings or temperature swings which are crucial to a good grow. If you have that dialed in with lights out then I would run 20/4. Most efficient than 24/0. But it if that’s your heater too!

DrGruber

DrGruber

Hey, they are looking great so far. I have grown quite a few autos and they do have their advantages. One of the advantages is you can run them 24/0. This can help as far as humidity swings or temperature swings which are crucial to a good grow. If you have that dialed in with lights out then I would run 20/4. Most efficient than 24/0. But it if that’s your heater too!
Thanks for your reply. They are in a sealed room with temp and humidity control so they should be good on that front.
I started at 18 hours but since they are so small, I assume going to 20 hours won't hurt them....???

Thanks again!

Growinginil

Growinginil

I have run them 14/10, 18/6, 20/4, and 24/0. You won’t cause any harm with more light, just increase your bill. I had some photos running and had an auto to throw in there. So I went 14/10 to flower the photos, which was enough for that strain. The auto grew surprisingly well under the 14/10 light, which was a de 1000 w hps. I have changed my light schedule from 24/0 to 18/6 and back, on the same grows Left the light on over or under many times and never had a problem. 20/4 should be great!

DrGruber

DrGruber

I have run them 14/10, 18/6, 20/4, and 24/0. You won’t cause any harm with more light, just increase your bill. I had some photos running and had an auto to throw in there. So I went 14/10 to flower the photos, which was enough for that strain. The auto grew surprisingly well under the 14/10 light, which was a de 1000 w hps. I have changed my light schedule from 24/0 to 18/6 and back, on the same grows Left the light on over or under many times and never had a problem. 20/4 should be great!
Thank you.

Krispy420

Krispy420

it's a little late but one thing I've always heard which makes sense is to not transplant them any more than you have to. A little transplant shock is not as big of a deal with photos but with autos the veg time is limited so it's more crucial not to shock or stunt it. I chose to run mine 18/6 because It's cheaper on the electricity and I believe it's only natural for the plant to get a resting period. I may try 20-4 in the future as well. Good luck with your grow and welcome to the farm đź‘Ť

DrGruber

DrGruber

it's a little late but one thing I've always heard which makes sense is to not transplant them any more than you have to. A little transplant shock is not as big of a deal with photos but with autos the veg time is limited so it's more crucial not to shock or stunt it. I chose to run mine 18/6 because It's cheaper on the electricity and I believe it's only natural for the plant to get a resting period. I may try 20-4 in the future as well. Good luck with your grow and welcome to the farm đź‘Ť
Yeah, I thought about that a little late.
Hopefully, it won't hurt too much when I do the final transplant.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

You do not transplant autos, this can cause them to dwarf out, you sow the seeds in pots you intend to do your whole grow in, I feed botanacare pro grow at 3 weeks or set 3 witchever comes first just fish mulch and nitro, they like blue light bc full spec has red and ir in it it can cause your autos to flower prematurely affecting yield, if you were growing autos outside you should know this already as yield is allmost always higher indoors, they don't Iike stress and you feed very lightly, watch out for temp and rh swings, it's dry this time of year.

Reactions: km1
DrGruber

DrGruber

You do not transplant autos, this can cause them to dwarf out, you sow the seeds in pots you intend to do your whole grow in, I feed botanacare pro grow at 3 weeks or set 3 witchever comes first just fish mulch and nitro, they like blue light bc full spec has red and ir in it it can cause your autos to flower prematurely affecting yield, if you were growing autos outside you should know this already as yield is allmost always higher indoors, they don't Iike stress and you feed very lightly, watch out for temp and rh swings, it's dry this time of year.
Oh boy....
Yeah, I grew one "Auto" outdoors a couple years ago but it was more of a "short season" plant, rather than a true auto.
Looks like I should have done some homework before starting but I'll try to make the best of it.
Perhaps I will just cut the bottom out of the current pots and place them into bigger pots....?????

Usually, a transplant will only stop growth for 24 hours before they get back on track...hopefully these will be okay.

DrGruber

DrGruber

Transplanted into 5 gallon pots on the 9th. (Pic from the 10th)
Two days later I see lots of pistils. These babies are in flower.
I only hope with the late transplant that I didn't stunt the growth in any way.
I'll get another shot of them today or tomorrow to show the pistil formation.

One of the plants showed a possible calcium deficiency so I hit it with the approitate amount of Cal.
We'll see.

Whiplash 6
DrGruber

DrGruber

One week after transplant and a total of 37 days from seed. They are all about 10-12 inches tall now and hopefully will double in size.

Whiplash 8
Whiplash 7
Whiplash 9
DrGruber

DrGruber

These fuckers are little badasses.
They want more calcium than I gave them and one of them has suffered for it. The others show signs of slight deficiencies but I think they are on the right track now.

There seems to be 2 distinct phenotypes.
One has lots of pistils and the other has some purplish colors to them. The purple one seems to have very dense buds already and the pistilate pheno is still fattening up.
The purple one has an orange type smell to it, while the others have a hint of gunpowder smell to them.
I really love that gunpowder taste and smell.
They are currently 65 days from breaking soil and that should put the finish time of 90 days from seed due in early February.
Can't wait!

Whiplash10
Whiplash 11
Whiplash12
Whiplash13
Whiplash14
Whiplash15
DrGruber

DrGruber

About 2.5 weeks from 90 days.
It looks like two or three of them will come down early. All the purple ones are ahead of the others and I don't like amber trichs so they will come down today or tomorrow.

The others will be done by the 90 day mark but the one in the first picture may take a bit longer. Its really taking off in the last couple weeks and looks like it still has a way to go. We'll see.

The little one in the 2nd picture must have dwarfed from the last transplant. Right after that transplant, I was worried they might all be like that but I got lucky.

It was the first one to look finished.....should have a sample to taste in a few days.

Whiplash 18
Whiplash 17
Whiplash 16
Whiplash 19
DrGruber

DrGruber

These 2 came down today.
2 others came down last week and are now dry and ready to sample.

The green one has thick buds all the way down to the bottom of plant. I was pleasantly surprised.
The purple one has thick buds but they got a bit thin at the bottom....but not bad.

Whiplash21
Whiplash22
DrGruber

DrGruber

I took the top of this plant down on Monday, the rest of it will come down tomorrow.

I made the mistake of thinking it would be finished earlier and stopped feeding a bit too early. You can see it in the leaves.
Despite that, it looks like it's going to yield much better than expected.

Once it's dry, I will give it a proper test and write up a smoke report.
The early ones range from good to really good. Flavors are floral and hash.

Whiplash000
Whiplash0

Latest posts

Top Bottom