IMG 0661
IMG 0662
IMG 0663
IMG 0664
IMG 0665
IMG 0666

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

So I have a question. I am a new grower and have harvested my plants already. They were chopped and hung as a whole plant on 1/17/20. The only problem is I have to break down my tent and put buds into a jar the latest 22nd around 10 or 11 pm. I know that's only around 4 days of drying. Should I leave as a whole plant or should I cut down into branches to help with the drying?

20200117 233747
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
So I have a question. I am a new grower and have harvested my plants already. They were chopped and hung as a whole plant on 1/17/20. The only problem is I have to break down my tent and put buds into a jar the latest 22nd around 10 or 11 pm. I know that's only around 4 days of drying. Should I leave as a whole plant or should I cut down into branches to help with the drying?
Shit, if your on that tight of a schedule and can’t finish properly ide do the best damage control as I could.
Personally I would break all buds off stalks get a screen such as from a window lay all buds evenly across the screen in the tent. Stick a fan in there on low. You want indirect airflow nothing directly on the buds. Most likely they still won’t be dry by the time you have to break it all down. If so get a Tupperware tub with a lid to finish drying. You might need a few depending on the size of the tub. Evenly lay the buds in the tub about 2-4 inches in height at the bottom. place the lid slightly on the tub with about an inch on one side. Stick in a dark closet check it twice a day. When you check flip the buds in the tub so as to rotate from the bottom to the top.
Do not jar if they are not properly dried you will regret the results. Remember proper drying is the result of Proper temp 66-68F at 55% Rh. I’ve found that is my sweet spot for the best results.
Good luck man, I hope you pull it off with such a tight schedule👍🏻

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

Shit, if your on that tight of a schedule and can’t finish properly ide do the best damage control as I could.
Personally I would break all buds off stalks get a screen such as from a window lay all buds evenly across the screen in the tent. Stick a fan in there on low. You want indirect airflow nothing directly on the buds. Most likely they still won’t be dry by the time you have to break it all down. If so get a Tupperware tub with a lid to finish drying. You might need a few depending on the size of the tub. Evenly lay the buds in the tub about 2-4 inches in height at the bottom. place the lid slightly on the tub with about an inch on one side. Stick in a dark closet check it twice a day. When you check flip the buds in the tub so as to rotate from the bottom to the top.
Do not jar if they are not properly dried you will regret the results. Remember proper drying is the result of Proper temp 66-68F at 55% Rh. I’ve found that is my sweet spot for the best results.
Good luck man, I hope you pull it off with such a tight schedule👍🏻
Ok 10 4 thanks for the fast response. At the moment I have one fan and my carbon filter in my grow space that I am using currently for drying. So the reason for the time crunch is I will have unwanted guest in my apartment that day. Fucked up part is they will be here for 5 to 10 minutes. They are checking each apartment because they are gonna remodel later in the future. What I kinda have in the back of my mind is break down my tent hide my plants in my ride till they leave. Reconstruct my tent and bam hang my babies back up. But I think ill go with your idea and also order a drying rack from Amazon. I can have it here by Tuesday. Thanks again for the info. I was not really wanting to put them in jars I had a bad feeling about that.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

Well my temps in tent are 69 F and 40 Rh. And at the bottom of my tent I am sitting at 72 F and 37 RH. I know I was told (66-68F at 55%) are my numbers bad?

Last edited:
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Well my temps in tent are 69 F and 40 Rh. And at the bottom of my tent I am sitting at 72 F and 37 RH. I know I was (66-68F at 55%) are my numbers bad?
No, not bad. Drying will be quicker.
The way I dry jump starts the curing process, I have found. You’ll be just fine take your time. If you can get that temp down a couple degrees it would slow the drying process.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

No, not bad. Drying will be quicker.
The way I dry jump starts the curing process, I have found. You’ll be just fine take your time. If you can get that temp down a couple degrees it would slow the drying process.
Ok 10 4 again thanks for the fast response. Like I stated earlier this is my first grow and I would hate to have came so far to loose it all. Thank you for your time.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

Ok so I now am at 68 F at 55% RH in my tent have been since I last posted. So here is my question now when I open my tent door to check on the plants the smell I am grated with is a hay smell. So what i just did was move the sugar leaves I left on got down to the buds and they have a slight better smell if I tap the inside with my finger I can feel how nice and moist they still are and just that slight tap makes my finger nice and stick and when i smell it god dam smell beautiful. I am reminded of what my plants smelled like before I cut them down. I guess I am rambling the question was is this normal????? just trying to get this right. Thanks again for taking the time to read this.

Top Bottom