White Boy

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Srenots

Srenots

I'm really into the idea of the world just becoming more efficient & self sustaining with less dependence on major corporations to provide us with essential needs like housing & power & even food. This chicks channel has a lot of earthship & eco efficient homes. Check it out if your bored. Everytime I bring up this stuff to people they are like, "uhhhhh so is it a boat or something?" lol.
cool Thx man..will check it out

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
IMG 0514
IMG 0515
IMG 0516
IMG 0517
IMG 0518
IMG 0519
IMG 0520
IMG 0521
IMG 0523
IMG 0524
IMG 0525
IMG 0526
IMG 0527
IMG 0529
IMG 0530
IMG 0531
IMG 0535
IMG 0536
IMG 0537
IMG 0538

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Why do you prefer that? Have you found that it tastes better that way or just for convenience?
Makes for a longer slower drying process.
Just like cooking a prime rib.
plant uses up every last ounce of juice it has stored up in its stalk and branches keeps feeding the buds slowly as they are trying to survive the onslaught of being harvested.
Sorry, I’m very passionate about the drying process after I’ve taken so much time and effort to get the plant across the finish line and into your lungs.
I figure these will take a full 15 days to hang dry as dense as these plants are, if I can keep room temp and RH where I need it.
D4A58866 325B 42F7 AE06 D24B9DE39B17

Phylex

Phylex

Why do you prefer that? Have you found that it tastes better that way or just for convenience?

Yes, I personally believe the over all quality is better in a longer, slower drying process. It seems to really bring the aromas and flavors forward in an even more pronounced expression as opposed to single branch hanging. I also believe drying and curing practices are just as important as the grow itself. A good grow can produce subpar quality with poor drying and curing methods. I'm not implying single branch hanging is a subpar practice, I more so meant harsher conditions when referencing poor drying and curing methods. But whole plant drying in my opinion personally produces a better quality over single branch drying.

A single branch will take 5-7 days to dry. A whole plant will easily push that to 14+ days. I feel most people after months of growing don't want to wait an additional two plus weeks before they sample the fruits of their labor. I get it. It's not easy to sit and wait through the drying process. But after all of that hard work of growing, why not wait a couple more weeks to achieve the highest level of quality possible out of the grow? I'd rather wait

Phylex

Phylex

Makes for a longer slower drying process.
Just like cooking a prime rib.
plant uses up every last ounce of juice it has stored up in its stalk and branches keeps feeding the buds slowly as they are trying to survive the onslaught of being harvested.
Sorry, I’m very passionate about the drying process after I’ve taken so much time and effort to get the plant across the finish line and into your lungs.
I figure these will take a full 15 days to hang dry as dense as these plants are, if I can keep room temp and RH where I need it.View attachment 923195

I couldn't agree more. The only thing I do differently is strip the large fan leaves to allow slightly more air flow around the huge flowers.

Farmer P

Farmer P

Yes, I personally believe the over all quality is better in a longer, slower drying process. It seems to really bring the aromas and flavors forward in an even more pronounced expression as opposed to single branch hanging. I also believe drying and curing practices are just as important as the grow itself. A good grow can produce subpar quality with poor drying and curing methods. I'm not implying single branch hanging is a subpar practice, I more so meant harsher conditions when referencing poor drying and curing methods. But whole plant drying in my opinion personally produces a better quality over single branch drying.

A single branch will take 5-7 days to dry. A whole plant will easily push that to 14+ days. I feel most people after months of growing don't want to wait an additional two plus weeks before they sample the fruits of their labor. I get it. It's not easy to sit and wait through the drying process. But after all of that hard work of growing, why not wait a couple more weeks to achieve the highest level of quality possible out of the grow? I'd rather wait
For me it's more of a convienience thing. I can fit a lot of branches into the dry box I built which only takes up a little space. I have heard that it's better to hang the whole plant, the guy told me that extra resin runs down into the buds. I have yet to try it, but I will. I do make my drying last longer by humidity and temp. I'm planning on doing a thread on comparisons like this with the same cut to get definitive answers. This will be a good one. Maybe I'll even take a couple branches from the same plant and do them in the box vs the rest left on the whole plant. I may end up building a drying cabinet instead of the box lol.

Top Bottom