White buildup on stems need help

• Thread starter Mckenziebis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mckenziebis

Mckenziebis

I have this white build up and almost all of my clones. I got the clones yesterday. The white doesn’t come off easily and it’s not powdery. Most of the plants are healthy, one turning yellow.
Here’s some photos, please help me out

White buildup on stems need help
White buildup on stems need help 2
White buildup on stems need help 3
White buildup on stems need help 4
Mckenziebis

Mckenziebis

Could be a powdered rooting hormone. Was it on the plants when you got it?
Yes it was. I’m hoping that’s all it is. A friend told me it could be mold or that so I’m going to keep an eye on them and hope it doesn’t spread. Thank you(:

Mckenziebis

Mckenziebis

oh shit, do you have a picture? I like to use H202 (hydrogen peroxide) as a disinfectant.
I can’t take photos right now of the plants bc I have my lights off and they’re sleeping but I went and checked with my green light and I could see it moved up on a few of them. I was going to grab eagle20 but I heard that might not be good. How much H202 do you use and do you just spray it on or put it in the reservoir with the feed cycle? And do you have any recommendations to prevent this in the future?
thank you!!

CE65747E F0D5 4CC4 99D7 964DE4E4E521
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Well Im gonna guess you aint using 29%, you will probably use the stuff from the store which is 3%. So whatever the bottle says to water it down with just do that. It might be 50/50 or something and I would wipe the stem with it. You can put h202 in the rez but I would only use food grade 29% for that at 2-3 ml per gallon.

I can't tell you how to prevent this until we know how to get rid of it. So if the h202 works, then we can take it from there. Good luck 👍

Mckenziebis

Mckenziebis

Well Im gonna guess you aint using 29%, you will probably use the stuff from the store which is 3%. So whatever the bottle says to water it down with just do that. It might be 50/50 or something and I would wipe the stem with it. You can put h202 in the rez but I would only use food grade 29% for that at 2-3 ml per gallon.

I can't tell you how to prevent this until we know how to get rid of it. So if the h202 works, then we can take it from there. Good luck 👍
Ok perfect thank you!

mancorn

mancorn

For a localized spray on a stem you can use isopropyl alcohol (50, 70, or 99%) which is a fair amount stronger than the H2O2. Just don’t get it on your leaves. The good thing about the H2O2 is that if it is mildew it will bubble and fizz letting you know it’s a Fungus Amongus. But in my experience H2O2 won’t erratic molds as well as the IA.

Most definitely stay away from the Eagle20. You don’t want that shit around stuff you smoke or ingest.

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

It’s normal calm down and it’s definitely not pm or anything like that

Latest posts

Top Bottom