white dots

• Thread starter weewado
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

weewado

Hi there! This is my first time growing and everything went well just until last week when white dots started to appear on several leaves.. I've done some research but can't find out what it is. I was thinking about thirps (can't find any trace of bugs tho) or some sort of nutrient shortage? The plants are in their fourth week of flowering so neem oil would affect the taste and smell of my buds? I would appreciate some advice :) thank you!!
White dots
White dots 2
White dots 3
White dots 4
White dots 5
White dots 6

Eledin

Eledin

If you are already using calmag or your nutes have calcium and magnessium I would get the neem oil asap. Search for a foliar recipe of neem oil pesticide and if you can also add some potassium or phosphoric soap and try not to get it on the buds, maybe cover them with your palm when youre taking care of 1 leaf. Or even better, use a brush and coat them from both sides.

Eledin

Eledin

Also remember to do it before the dark period so the droplets dont burn your leaves (doesnt necessarily happen but it might). Check if you get any residue in your fingers or the spots become clearer when you rub them.

Last edited:
Eledin

Eledin

Change the detergent for phosphoric or postassium soap if you can. If you cant get them use the soap you have but make sure you clean the leaves after youre done with the treatment (not after every application), they have nasty chemicals. Use a small wet towel or something as you dont want the water containing the detergent to fall in your substrate. If its potassium or phosphoric soap it becomes food for the plant so you dont have to worry about that.
No need to make 1 gallon if you dont need it, just reduce accordingly.
Here's another one for 1 liter.

Last edited:
E

elusiveshame

Before spraying your plants with anything, read up on it:

I personally wouldn’t smoke anything treated with neem oil.

Also, unless you’re seeing bugs, I wouldn’t spray anything. It looks like you have a deficiency, not a pest problem.

Eledin

Eledin

Im not talking about bugs, but mold or fungus rather. I dont see what you see that is so bad in neem oil, care to explain? Nothing worrying in that link. People have been using it in organic grow forever. Could you provide information to back up your claim?
EDIT: Even if its nute deficiency, which could be, I wouldnt like to be wrong and end up with a completely infestated plant. Also I used neem oil myself, with potassium soap, the smoke was as good as any other. Did you have a different experience? I would worry more about using dish soap like many do.

Last edited:
E

elusiveshame

combustion on a chemical that shown to cause liver damage for prolonged usage expedites those side effects.

No reason to spray anything when you’re not showing symptoms of bugs, mold, or fungus.

And there’s better ways to combat mold and fungus.

You do you, but there’s no reason to tell someone to spray something they don’t need to, even if -you- don’t find the side effects “worrying”.

Eledin

Eledin

combustion on a chemical that shown to cause liver damage for prolonged usage expedites those side effects.

No reason to spray anything when you’re not showing symptoms of bugs, mold, or fungus.

And there’s better ways to combat mold and fungus.

You do you, but there’s no reason to tell someone to spray something they don’t need to, even if -you- don’t find the side effects “worrying”.
Why do you think I said "if youre not using calmag" and why do you think I would recommend him to spray if I didnt think it looks like early stage of infection? And its not ME, its a huge ammount of people using it. Instead of coming with your cynical attitude as usual you could tell the guy something useful. Tell him what nute deficiency you think it is, ask him questions, tell him alternatives better to neem oil. Leave me alone with your attitude.

Eledin

Eledin

Here are some actual studies about neem oil and not a random page telling you that is bad for the liver in high doses (we are talking about plants and small doses here, and the active component of neem seed oil when biodegradates is phosphite or phosphoric acid, which is also used in many nute bottles and ph down bottles.)
Of course its not harmless if you over do it and if you dont need to use it its even better, your plant doesnt want it on top of it but its not dangerous nor will make your smoke taste bad.
Would it be bad for me to start drinking phosphoric acid? Most certainly.

E

elusiveshame

Why do you think I said "if youre not using calmag" and why do you think I would recommend him to spray if I didnt think it looks like early stage of infection? And its not ME, its a huge ammount of people using it. Instead of coming with your cynical attitude as usual you could tell the guy something useful. Tell him what nute deficiency you think it is, ask him questions, tell him alternatives better to neem oil. Leave me alone with your attitude.

I did give the guy something useful. Said it looks like a deficiency and to not use neem oil.

Im not getting into a Google link debate with you again. Sorry your ego can’t cope with people who don’t stroke your ego.

“Of course it’s not harmless”. But yet you still use it 😅🤡

Eledin

Eledin

Do you think that I remember all I know and from where I know it? I use google to search for studies that show Im right because thats how I learned it before dummy. Im not talking anymore to you so please leave me be, Im sick of your superiority complex, then you dissapear when youre proven wrong and dont rebate with other studies but rather trash talk the person. For real, you do you I do me, dont even talk to me.

E

elusiveshame

Do you think that I remember all I know and from where I know it? I use google to search for studies that show Im right because thats how I learned it before dummy. Im not talking anymore to you so please leave me be, Im sick of your superiority complex, then you dissapear when youre proven wrong and dont rebate with other studies but rather trash talk the person. For real, you do you I do me, dont even talk to me.
You can find literally any article backing up any viewpoint you can imagine. Your links are pretty meaningless at this point since that’s literally all you do.

Sorry your ego is hurt brah.

Eledin

Eledin

Oh sorry for using links that lead to actual scientifical studies, I will try to learn more from unreliable sources. Jesus dude do you even stop and read what you write sometimes? If its so easy, how come you can never rebate what I say? Cmon big boy, show me a study that says that you shouldn use neem oil and why. Tell this guy why he shouldnt use it.

Eledin

Eledin

By the way, phosphoric acid is absorbed and assimilated by the plant, you are not smoking any neem oil. Still waiting for what deficiency you think it is. Also I say its not harmless because its acidic, thats why I told him to wash the leaves from residue after, and then all becomes food for the plant. As easy as that.

E

elusiveshame

Oh sorry for using links that lead to actual scientifical studies, I will try to learn more from unreliable sources. Jesus dude do you even stop and read what you write sometimes? If its so easy, how come you can never rebate what I say? Cmon big boy, show me a study that says that you shouldn use neem oil and why. Tell this guy why he shouldnt use it.
because all you do is just get into a Google argument. There’s literally no point with you.

Quit spouting off bad information and you wouldn’t have this problem.

Why would I rebate what you say? I’m not a store.

I posted a link from a fairly reputable source. If you want to take some backwoods study that doesn’t actually address what smoking neem oil (if you treat your plants with it, you’re likely inhaling it when you smoke, especially if you’re in flower) does to your lungs or kidneys, then there’s no point.

On top of that, you’re telling someone to use something they don’t need. Period. Like usual, you’re just talking to hear yourself talk and sound smart.

But keep on telling us there’s nothing wrong with using it, but even say “of course it’s not harmless” - don’t even need to read the rest of that.

What’s the safe level and safe exposure limits? You don’t know, especially when you add combustion to the mix.

But go on, you do you. Just quit spreading bullshit.

Eledin

Eledin

Okay you wanna keep being proven wrong I have no problem with that

What happens to neem oil in the environment?​

Azadirachtin, a major component of neem oil, is rapidly broken down. Microbes and light break down the pesticide in soil, water and on plants. The half-life of azadirachtin in soil ranges from 3 - 44 days. In water, the half-life ranges from 48 minutes to 4 days. It also rapidly breaks down on plant leaves; the half-life is 1 - 2.5 days. The remaining components of neem oil are broken down by microbes in most soil and water environments.

Another study, what happens with neem oil when you use it in your plants. Can you leave me alone now? I know what Im talking about, youre showing no proof Im showing all of it. Youre talking about ingesting or smoking neem oil thats your problem, youre not smoking neem oil.

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

That last pic looks like a textbook PK deficiency to me. I don't know what you're feeding, but I'd make sure you're keeping up with your bloom nutes, and if it's not time to feed on your next watering, I'd add 250 ppm of a PK booster.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Before spraying your plants with anything, read up on it:

I personally wouldn’t smoke anything treated with neem oil.

Also, unless you’re seeing bugs, I wouldn’t spray anything. It looks like you have a deficiency, not a pest problem.
Great advice and I agree never ever spray neem in flower he’s already gotta be mid flower with those size buds.

Eledin

Eledin

Spraying this late in flower isn't the brightest thing to do. Are you sure you have bugs? Can you take pics of underneath the leaves.
I agree, I would use a brush to make sure nothing gets on the buds. Might be deficiency but Id rather be safe than sorry cause it also looks like early infection. No other leaves showing symptoms so far, no burned sides... but then again, could be early symptoms of deficiency.

Top Bottom