White Fluff Inside Buds Question

• Thread starter Parisdude
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

He grabbed some good stuff with it , he was shocked I was just tossing it and probably would have got quite upset if I told him no . It wasnt all moldy but I wasn't about to start picking through it or risk sending it out. He picked through it and said it was just fine. Made him very happy he could smoke as much as he wanted for quite awhile.

P

Parisdude

Ok, all this had me looking much more closely at the whole of my harvest, and I found more in the top colas of my lovely Vanilla Kush. Smaller buds seem alright.

Well, well ... Im' going to let it dry for one more day and then paper bag it, inspecting bud by bud. Hopefully something can be saved.

Still learning, won't give up! I guess that the moral is that if you see one speck, there is probably more around.

Thanks people, really resourceful community here!

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Ok, all this had me looking much more closely at the whole of my harvest, and I found more in the top colas of my lovely Vanilla Kush. Smaller buds seem alright.

Well, well ... Im' going to let it dry for one more day and then paper bag it, inspecting bud by bud. Hopefully something can be saved.

Still learning, won't give up! I guess that the moral is that if you see one speck, there is probably more around.

Thanks people, really resourceful community here!
Glad ya didn't let this discourage you from growing just remember a set back is a set up for a comeback when it's all over

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
This is the stuff I was talking about. A speck of white fluff enveloping some pistils in the upper right part of the photo. Do I really need to treat my darling sparkling buds with isopropyl ...?

FYI I had an attack of grey mold on a top cola two week before harvest. I put a plastic bag over it cut it and crossed my thumbs for the rest of the ladies, upping temp and lowering RH. Nothing reappeared.

/parisdude
No, you don't "need" to, but I can't imagine why you wouldn't want to kill it. And spraying with iso isn't going to harm the buds, it evaporates too quickly. After that, I'll recommend burning sulfur in the drying area to be sure as many spores are killed as possible.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

I second Seas advice on the iso, saw her referencing its use to inhibit spread of botrytis from infected area to clean area in another thread and it worked for me with no damage to the flowers.

Underthesun

Underthesun

I bringing back this old thread. I had the same grey mold as you. I dried it in a shed. I will have to use the same shed this year. I plan on cleaning it all out nicely, then spraying down with iso, then spraying with hydrogen peroxide, then sulfur burning with my carbon filter and fan in there running since it was in there last year with the spores. Then I'll wait a week before my plants go in there. I also plan on adding an extra heater to my shed this year, on top of wet trimming my bud and separating my colas out prior to drying. I may consider getting a dehumidifier, but not sure if would be needed in dry CO. Any other advice on avoiding this dreaded stuff? ...other than telling me not to dry my bud in an outdoor shed in CO, only option.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Do you know how humid it gets in the shed? I know CO is dry but if it's too humid in the shed you may well have to do a dehuey. At least you can recover the water.

Underthesun

Underthesun

Do you know how humid it gets in the shed? I know CO is dry but if it's too humid in the shed you may well have to do a dehuey. At least you can recover the water.
I had a hygrometer??? to measure the humidity but it was just a cheapo from wally world. Is there a reliable meter that prople trust. I guess I should get one that turns on a dehumidifier and do it up right. Any suggestions on a decent priced one? I about to chop in a week or two, so I'm scrambling to get ready and do it right this year.

Underthesun

Underthesun

Another question. I used some half gallon mason jars last year and found some moldy buds in those. Tossed all the bud in the compost, but was wondering about the jars and lids. Would putting them in the dish washer be enough to sanatize them? I would assume so. You all are the best, sea thanks for always helping my ass out

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I had a hygrometer??? to measure the humidity but it was just a cheapo from wally world. Is there a reliable meter that prople trust. I guess I should get one that turns on a dehumidifier and do it up right. Any suggestions on a decent priced one? I about to chop in a week or two, so I'm scrambling to get ready and do it right this year.
Not really, I've been using the cheapos, too, need to find something better. They can get pricey.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Hanging upside down in the grow tent, well manicured. Fan going at full speed, no source of damp. Pretty ideal conditions, really. And the fuzzy stuff is really small, like white dots when I pulled apart two buds.
Is it possible a bit o fluff got inside wen they were in early flower and just grew around it?it does sound like mould.is it actually fully attached to the nug like a trichome?as already mentioned its almost impossible to know without pics

420Artie

420Artie

This is the stuff I was talking about. A speck of white fluff enveloping some pistils in the upper right part of the photo. Do I really need to treat my darling sparkling buds with isopropyl ...?

FYI I had an attack of grey mold on a top cola two week before harvest. I put a plastic bag over it cut it and crossed my thumbs for the rest of the ladies, upping temp and lowering RH. Nothing reappeared.

/parisdude
I had this on my sfv I later found the source while redoing the roof over my grow room I found it was growing on plywood underneath the shingles.

Top Bottom