White fuzzies

• Thread starter pharmacopia
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

pharmacopia

Hi Folks,
I tossed out a small batch of blueberry clones yesterday as on the top of the Pro Mix HP there were a lot of small white spots. Under the microscope they are tiny fuzzy growths. It was the 13th day under a dome and the cuttings weren't showing any signs of roots either (usually takes 9-11 days under same conditions).

I discarded the plant tray, cups and dome. Hope it's a one-time event. As you can see in the photo it's even on the little twig at the base of the stem. Probably a mold or fungus of some sort. Look familiar to anyone?

Thanks

Moldorfungi

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Photo is TINY, and it looks like perlite. If you use anything that can or will inoculate with beneficial microbes then you have your answer. Not all mold/fungi are bad news.

P

pharmacopia

Thanks for the reply Seamaiden.

Your right, it does look like tiny bits of pearlite. That's what I thought it was until I took a closer look. Definitely an organism of some kind.

Sorry about the tiny photo. If I blew it up any bigger and it would be as fuzzy as the white stuff. Wish I could take a photo with my microscope.

"Not all mold/fungi are bad news." I believe the Pro Mix has mycorrhiza in it.
I hate seeing mold of any kind, freaks me out. Hope they're good guys but I've never seen this before in 10 years of cloning.

Top Bottom