White Fuzzy Mold Killing Entire Trays Of Clones: Not Pm

• Thread starter medcalstdnt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
medcalstdnt

medcalstdnt

Looks like the white fuzzy mold you'd get on rotting peaches. Appears overnight 100% mortality. Additional symptoms are a damping off looking effect, mushy stems. It's not always on the stems, those are just the pics I took, it can appear on the leaves first as well. Lost 4 trays of clones 1 month ago to the same thing at this location, a house grow. It's happening again.

White fuzzy mold killing entire trays of clones not pm
White fuzzy mold killing entire trays of clones not pm 2
White fuzzy mold killing entire trays of clones not pm 3
White fuzzy mold killing entire trays of clones not pm 4
White fuzzy mold killing entire trays of clones not pm 5

Have tried treating unaffected clones in the same tray with foliars of h202, silicon, organocide and ph10 water. No effect, it spreads, they all die.

Since then have treated the location with a concrobium mold fogger. Threw out all trays and humidity domes. Threw out all rockwool purchased with that last batch. Treated all surfaces, floors, walls, etc and equipment with physan20 at sanitation levels.

For this batch treated the ro water used for soaking the rockwool with h2o2, asprin and silicon. Foliar sprayed clones with ph10 water with silicon (pro-tekt). Let the leaves air dry completely before putting under humidity dome.

Started to see mold, lost an entire tray overnight. Every clone covered by mold, like a big cotton ball filling the humidity dome. Tossed that tray, disinfected the clone cabinet again. Took off the remaining humidity domes, removed affected clones from remaining 7 trays. Hit the room and clones with a sulphur burn (nothing to lose at this point), left the trays uncovered overnight.

Death by cotton ball slowed a bit, still lost many clones, hit them again with sulpher burn, left them uncovered overnight.

Lost some more. Time to experiment since they're all gonna die anyway. Covered one tray with dome since the rockwool was drying out, treated one tray with a physan20 (@ 1ml/10gal) and silicon foliar @ ph9.2 [these will not be consumed or put into production].

Dome tray ravaged by mold overnight, 50% dieoff. Untreated trays 10% mortality, physan20 tray 5-7%? mortality. Spray everything with physan20 and silicon foliar. Spray dome tray as well, let dry, spray inside of dome surface with same physan20/silicon mix, replace dome.

Overnight, throw out dome tray and dome; 75% dieoff only a few clones remain out of 98 starting. 10% dieoff on uncovered trays.

Out of over 700 clones in 8 trays, 6 different strains, less than 30% remaining.

Halp? WTF is happening?

showmegreen

showmegreen

Not good! Get a fan moving the air. Cottonball dampen with H2O2 and wipe upwards lightly. Do not push web into your medium. Go to health food store and get some activated charcoal powder or crush your own. Dust the affected area .And mist rinse with low low ph ro water. H2O2 compliments acidity. You don't want that. Then get them dry air! Good luck! You are gonna need it! Any other way that someone has to fix it. Id like to hear about. Ive beat that shit a couple times but not without major losses and some stunted mutated plants. And i never dealt with it like that. It happens around here in when the humidity flux is unbearable and there is too much sweetness in the soil. I don't know what it's called. I call it "Oh Hell No! DAMN IT! SHIT FUZZ!"

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Damn thats bad!
U may be out of luck here brother!
I think I would just cull everything, give it the best treatment possible.
Man I dont even know if I would use the cloners again..
Wow I am so sorry brother!

U might just have to cut the losses before your whole area is nothing more than a recreation of
Chernobyl

showmegreen

showmegreen

I've been lucky and got some great sports outta the wreckage before. I think my best was six or eight outta 72. And that's it! The survivors were nuthin like the original. Mutants! Chernobyl is right! @EventHorizan

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I've been lucky and got some great sports outta the wreckage before. I think my best was six or eight outta 72. And that's it! The survivors were nuthin like the original. Mutants! Chernobyl is right! @EventHorizan
Im just scared for him that the damage is done.. He already lost more soldiers than all of WW2..
I just know how important it is to get past this and get healthy plants going again.
Time is money...
And he has already suffered immeasurable losses...

showmegreen

showmegreen

Im just scared for him that the damage is done.. He already lost more soldiers than all of WW2..
I just know how important it is to get past this and get healthy plants going again.
Time is money...
And he has already suffered immeasurable losses...
You couldn't be more correct. I don't have the luxury of commercially allotted grow senarios. I'm stuck with get what ya got and pray it makes it do i dont have to fund the federal drug cartels in DC. I had to make everyone count so I had enough to ease my hypo manic tendencies. I've really pulled some, by God's grace alone miracles out of my ass. And some "fuggit! Let's see if it works" "Well I'll be damned" some yall can write it off as a loss in the books, reaudit the performa and back to square one. DO OVER! Must be nice! Poor guy though. The stress and hopelessness you feel... Damn I think I'm gonna put the flag at half mass for them lil babies! Is it getting Smokey in here? My eyes are waterin

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

You couldn't be more correct. I don't have the luxury of commercially allotted grow senarios. I'm stuck with get what ya got and pray it makes it do i dont have to fund the federal drug cartels in DC. I had to make everyone count so I had enough to ease my hypo manic tendencies. I've really pulled some, by God's grace alone miracles out of my ass. And some "fuggit! Let's see if it works" "Well I'll be damned" some yall can write it off as a loss in the books, reaudit the performa and back to square one. DO OVER! Must be nice! Poor guy though. The stress and hopelessness you feel... Damn I think I'm gonna put the flag at half mass for them lil babies! Is it getting Smokey in here? My eyes are waterin
ya... Half Mask!

medcalstdnt

medcalstdnt

Not good! Get a fan moving the air. Cottonball dampen with H2O2 and wipe upwards lightly. Do not push web into your medium. Go to health food store and get some activated charcoal powder or crush your own. Dust the affected area .And mist rinse with low low ph ro water. H2O2 compliments acidity. You don't want that. Then get them dry air! Good luck! You are gonna need it! Any other way that someone has to fix it. Id like to hear about. Ive beat that shit a couple times but not without major losses and some stunted mutated plants. And i never dealt with it like that. It happens around here in when the humidity flux is unbearable and there is too much sweetness in the soil. I don't know what it's called. I call it "Oh Hell No! DAMN IT! SHIT FUZZ!"

Damn it, shit fuzz! is gonna be my goto if I ever see this stuff again.
I'd rather have mites or PM. Nothing kills faster than this shit.

medcalstdnt

medcalstdnt

Seems like you still have mold spores in your grow area. Imo, a sulfur burner, or a very giid hepa filter, and changing tour building/house hvac filter to a hepa filter and run the fan for 24hrs straight. It may get more if not all the spores.
Yeah, I took over this place from another grower and they worked filthy. I fumigated the place for bugs and fogged it for mold before I moved a single plant in here. Still have had every pestilence in the book the past 4 months.
I think it's all inside the walls and can't be saved. I'm looking to get out of this building as soon as I can find a new place.

medcalstdnt

medcalstdnt

Damn thats bad!
U may be out of luck here brother!
I think I would just cull everything, give it the best treatment possible.
Man I dont even know if I would use the cloners again..
Wow I am so sorry brother!

U might just have to cut the losses before your whole area is nothing more than a recreation of
Chernobyl
lol. chernobyl would be an improvement, at least it's probably sterile in there.
Thanks for the moral support!

medcalstdnt

medcalstdnt

That physan20.... keep using that for a.cleaning agent. Just make sure you rinse very well. I have a bottle, tripple.bagged, as in afraid to use it.
Physan is the shit. Kills everything but gotta suit up when spraying it at sanitizing concentrations.
Since the trays are toast I figured it'll be interesting to see what effect it has on the shit fuzz. I'm checking in on the place this afternoon and will see if anything survived.
Won't matter if it does though, cause I'll be chucking those trays as well. Not supposed to use physan on consumables

medcalstdnt

medcalstdnt

Have you attempted to do a low RH dry cloning?
No misting or dome, just Rapid Rooter plugs with the bottom kept moist.

I feel for you.
Thanks for the support. It's rough losing that many.
Many hours of work filling those trays.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

If it's in the walls, bleach wash, iso wash, then paint walls with kilz or some other mold/mildew resistant paint. 2 to 3 coats. Grab low VOC for your plant and your health.

cannabeans

cannabeans

I think you are over-reacting... I have that happen to me BUT only during the summer months. So I dont try to root cuts during those months anymore. I start seeds during that time. I have not cleaned anything with bleach, physan or H2o2. Just soap and water. I believe this occurs when it is too hot and too humid in your clone trays. When the weather changes I dont have problems with this and my cuts root as normal.

Top Bottom