white fuzzy mold?

• Thread starter silverhaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
silverhaze

silverhaze

Hey guys, need some advice please. Today I discovered some fuzzy mold on the bottom of my rock wool. Seems to be on most of the plants in the same way, this is the worst one. We top feed 6" cubes and sit them on coco pads. Room temp 78 lights on, 68 lights off. RM 45%. Can some recommend a course of action. Plant health overall is just fair in the group, some bad leaves on each. Just gave them clearex with RO at 5.5 last night but hadn't noticed the fungus or whatever that is yet. Thanks.

White fuzzy mold
White fuzzy mold 2
phenotyper

phenotyper

Maybe I am missing something, but those look like healthy white roots breaking through the cube.

silverhaze

silverhaze

Photos may not be great but there is definite spore growth on the roots - and on all the plants. Is that normal?

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I can't real tell from that pic but when roots r super healthy the will grow big roots & off the big roots will b smaller tiny Lil roots that kinda look like mold.. Try posting a close up of the roots..

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Here is the best pic I could get rite now.. I know it's a shitty pic but do ur roots look similar 2 this.. Look close 2 the roots & u can see the tiny roots growing from the main root & it does look kinda like mold but it's not.. This is perfectly normal..
fcde9125.jpg

silverhaze

silverhaze

That's really helpful, thanks MG. They do look similar. I'll post better photos tomorrow. They look like tiny dandelion spores on mine.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
yeah, they just look like root hairs...

silverhaze

silverhaze

Thanks guys, feeling better about this today. This is our third harvest so we're still learning. I appreciate your support guys. The leaves of the plants still look to have nute deficiencies or possibly nute overload. I will photo some of these tell tale leaves tonight and re-post. Thanks again.

Top Bottom