White Hairs Burning?

• Thread starter Snowman420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Snowman420

Hey guys, I've got these 3 girls here, no idea what strain... I'd provide further details here about grow specs but, the question will probably be asked anyway, so I'll cut to the chase, its the about 1/2 way through the 4th week of flowering for these girls, and the tips of the white hairs appear to look burnt/sindged(almost like if you put a lighter to the tips of your hair) and appear to be taking on a slightly orange although mostly brown colour. And at the moment only really affecting lower to middle bud sites. This has only started the last few days after receiving a slighly higher dose of nutes than usual (still working up to full strength) so I was wondering if I've possibly burnt them? I'm currently using BAC bloom nutrients, with an NPK of 6-5-6, is it possible they are receiving far to much nitrogen? If so can someone please suggest a different brand of nutes, or preferably just tell me what NPK you would recommend for this stage? That way I can just go get something as close as possible to what's suggested, thankyou in advance! Sorry I couldn't get any pics of the affected places, this camera is shithouse quality, I'll try get some on my bros phone this arvo

White hairs burning
Snakeskins

Snakeskins

CNS 17 Grow and Bloom was reccomended to me. They work great for me and very easy to use. What kind of lights do you have and... are they possibly too close?

S

Snowman420

Hey they have a 400watt led overhead and 110watt CLF on the side, I don't think its to close, as it appears to be affecting the lowest and middle budsites the worst, there is a slight reddish/purplish ting to some hairs on the upper budsites, but they look healthy still, the lower spots lookes literally burnt, there is also a pedastool fan in there, it sits around 22-25degrees and about 40-55℅ humidity, so I don't think heat from the lighrs/airflow is the issue, and thanks, what's the npk on those?

S

Snowman420

Here are a few pics of some healthy budsites on the plant and also some of the affected areas(note the burn/orange hairs) any help is greatly appreciated!
IMG 20180828 164839
IMG 20180828 164859

IMG 20180828 164919
IMG 20180828 164943
IMG 20180828 164958
IMG 20180828 165017

123grow

Are any of the leaves showing any irregular signs? Burning.. cupping.. or yellowing? ~ Are they getting enough water?

S

Snowman420

Yehh they are getting enough water, they get fed every second day, nah all the leaves are looking healthy as fuck, on one of the plants the small sugar leaves nearest the buds seem to be clawing, but I thought that might be normal, I think I'm gonna give em a flush and change nutrients today to something with an nkp more like 1-3-2 or 1-2-3 or whatever, I'll letcha know how it goes, but if anyone's got a more informed/experienced answer that would be great

S

Snowman420

And maybe there is like 1/2 a mm of burn on some of the fan tips, Its been like that all the way through, I was told that's an acceptable amount of burn with the nutes I'm using.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Pistils are more sensitive than the leaves. So thats an early indicator that you may be a little hot on the nutes if your lights and heat aren't a factor. Might want to back off on the nutes a little bit.

You'll want to cut out or cut back on the nitrogen in your nute feeding regimen from here on out. That could be the source of your problems as they don't need much nitrogen in flowering and its building up in your soil.

S

Snowman420

Okay thank you so much, I'm thinking that's the issue as well, the guy at my local hydro shop recons to use this brand of nutes all the way through flower (npk 6-5-6) but I'm thinking its a bit heavy on the nitrogen. Gonna get a different lines of nutes with less nitrogen I think.
I also think part of the problem might be the fact I've only started pH'ing it in the last 2weeks, before that it was probably a little alkaline, I'm thinking that might of been blocking some of the nitrogen uptake, and now that its properly pH'ed, its just sucking all that shit up

DankBuds420

DankBuds420

Pistils are more sensitive than the leaves. So thats an early indicator that you may be a little hot on the nutes if your lights and heat aren't a factor. Might want to back off on the nutes a little bit.

You'll want to cut out or cut back on the nitrogen in your nute feeding regimen from here on out. That could be the source of your problems as they don't need much nitrogen in flowering and its building up in your soil.
So I've done the same thing, burning the hairs. Did we ruin the yeild? Mime is caused by light I'm pretty sure

Iboga

Iboga

Hello, my nightmare. Amnesia clones wus vegetating amazing speed and healthy look.aftef tide then and flip 12/12 I noticed very strange leave growth.they start give only 3 fingers leaves later jus 1!!!all new shots have just 1 finger leave so curled sideways.as u see the all have specific 3 curled fork shape.after all is very slow grow happening. I water just with water and sometimes cal mag+ .40”humidity.27-30c .anybody have some thought?

AD32BBE4 651B 4576 9A60 BF7BF10D1FF1
CD7A8E97 0AD1 44E8 9C1F 9BDB41EB77B9
CD4405CF 2807 4CD2 9F8C 2BFA98E0A12D
Iboga

Iboga

I have same issue, just firs I notice all leaves grow 3 fingers and curled like Neptune fork..then I saw this white hairs burn, ant finali red spider mites. Curent clean plant with water +alcohol. And put in different growtent, i wus not using any nutrients, just calmag 1 time in two weeks half strength...

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Tips of pistols turning colors means plant is maturing. If looks burnt move light away from it a bit

Iboga

Iboga

Light I have is hps 400w, they a out 1,5meter fromplant ,I have 27c temperatures with light on,19/20c when light off. Things is they not grow anymore,any new leaves nothing.about3 weeks already...as u see is realy small amount off leaves exist...all leaves stop grow and became 1-3 fingers ...I know that hairs change colour from whites to amber to brown, but this happens at week5-7.i have week 3 just finishing,and the hairs ar not straight,they curled on tip like hug,and brown like burnt with lighter

F0E30B15 F6A3 4EA1 9878 47A0F82B9C38
C0A60F45 0071 42B8 887B 681FEE83BA34
Iboga

Iboga

I already give them that time, they not grow not a inch, is look like nut burn, but i was not using any, just calmag rarely , yuo say give them few weeks,but how should I treat them alongside? Give some nut?flush?

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

They look healthy and green. They look like a sativa so might take 10 to 12 weeks flower time. But yeah feed them with nutrients until the last week. Just give half or 1/4 until they look finished. Then flush it a couple times.

Iboga

Iboga

Mate, in 3 weeks time they don’t move at all, zero new leaves,zero bud progress just stop and important thing they lose smell aswell!!?when they wus in veg all house smells,afterwards I switch 12/12 stops grow completely is look like wild hemp weed, I am not agree that they look healthy.all leaves have discoloured, and curled as hell and triple finger leaves is definitely not a sign off a healthy plant.beside they all in spots from spider mites, I wus whriting below and picture aswell.,don’t really understand how can u say that they look great and healthy 🤘🤘🤘🤘🏿

Top Bottom