White hairs with purple tips

• Thread starter SteamingSticky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SteamingSticky

SteamingSticky

Hey, my plant is about 1 and half weeks into flower and the top of the white hairs are purple. I wouldn't say its because of weather as it is summer where I am. Anyone able to give me some info on this? It is an outdoor grow. Pic attached is the best I could do.

White hairs with purple tips
SteamingSticky

SteamingSticky

I hope the pic helps, but from what I've read its nothing bad. Hoping for a good harvest. My Sluricane plant just went into flower, will keep an eye on that one and see if the same thing happens or not

Rooke

Rooke

I'm not 100% sure, probably around 12-15lt. I dont grow my plants big though.

I'm not 100% sure, I think around 12-15lt. But I dont grow big, veg for around 8 weeks.
I like to grow in bigger pots for a couple of reasons it gets very hot here in the summer And I found smaller pots heat up to much in the sun roots like to be cool like being in the ground. Take a look at my pics on my profile and you will see how I wrap my pots with heavy white plastic which keeps the pots cooler and the roots develop way better black or dark coloured pots are heat absorbers not the best. Just a tip I learned years ago and if you set your pots on a couple of 2x4’s so air can get below them that also helps a lot take care!

SteamingSticky

SteamingSticky

I like to grow in bigger pots for a couple of reasons it gets very hot here in the summer And I found smaller pots heat up to much in the sun roots like to be cool like being in the ground. Take a look at my pics on my profile and you will see how I wrap my pots with heavy white plastic which keeps the pots cooler and the roots develop way better black or dark coloured pots are heat absorbers not the best. Just a tip I learned years ago and if you set your pots on a couple of 2x4’s so air can get below them that also helps a lot take care!
Hey man, that's why I like to go for the grey pots instead of the black ones, will definitely try the piece if wood under the pot, makes sense to keep them off the hot floor. Thanks for all info.

SteamingSticky

SteamingSticky

Damn, you grow your plants HUGE 😮
mine is just for personal smoke so I like it keep them small to get a better quality bud. But wow it's nice to see a bush that size 😳

Rooke

Rooke

Damn, you grow your plants HUGE 😮
mine is just for personal smoke so I like it keep them small to get a better quality bud. But wow it's nice to see a bush that size 😳
ty! I’ve been experimenting with pot sizes and different strains for about 4 years now. I find 35 - 45 work well for me.

Rooke

Rooke

Ever try fabric pots? Their good for root aeration
hey there no I haven’t tried them. One thing I’ve noticed in the bigger bags they seem a bit sloppy and lack support not that I move my plants around once I do my final transplant. I also wonder what would happen when I start bending and staking them would they just loosen up and perhaps expose the roots ? I guess I could then top off the. Remainder with more soil? Or drill lotsa holes in the sides of my barrels and achieve the same results dunno? @ Dirtbag? @ 1diesel1?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

hey there no I haven’t tried them. One thing I’ve noticed in the bigger bags they seem a bit sloppy and lack support not that I move my plants around once I do my final transplant. I also wonder what would happen when I start bending and staking them would they just loosen up and perhaps expose the roots ? I guess I could then top off the. Remainder with more soil? Or drill lotsa holes in the sides of my barrels and achieve the same results dunno? @ Dirtbag? @ 1diesel1?

If you fill a fabric pot to capacity, you don't have problems like soil loosening up. By the time you need stakes, the plant will have rooted the pot and will hold the soil in place.

You need to have them in some sort of pan or tray or whatever when you water, because to thoroughly wet the soil, they might have to sit in some water to absorb it all (and they do tend to absorb it all) and moisten the entire amount of soil. When watering from the top when the soil is dry, it will run down the side of the soil mass and pop out various places through the fabric. This does NOT mean you have thoroughly watered it. The water just found an easy route.

I've used both fabric pots and hard-sided. I can't say I've seen any noticeable increase in yield from fabric, except that they tend to hold more soil than advertised. I have some 5 gallon pots that really hold 7, for example. More soil = potential for higher yield.

Rooke

Rooke

If you fill a fabric pot to capacity, you don't have problems like soil loosening up. By the time you need stakes, the plant will have rooted the pot and will hold the soil in place.

You need to have them in some sort of pan or tray or whatever when you water, because to thoroughly wet the soil, they might have to sit in some water to absorb it all (and they do tend to absorb it all) and moisten the entire amount of soil. When watering from the top when the soil is dry, it will run down the side of the soil mass and pop out various places through the fabric. This does NOT mean you have thoroughly watered it. The water just found an easy route.

I've used both fabric pots and hard-sided. I can't say I've seen any noticeable increase in yield from fabric, except that they tend to hold more soil than advertised. I have some 5 gallon pots that really hold 7, for example. More soil = potential for higher yield.
Hey there thanks for the reply just wondering if you can reuse the bags if you leave it sit over the winter can you pull the rootball out without tearing the bag apart? My big pots will outlast me lol!!

Top Bottom