White Pistils and Amber Trichs

• Thread starter dancol4321
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dancol4321

Hi All - I'm new to growing, just my second season. I had 5 plants from the same feminized seed set and one of them has just taken forever to mature. It's still showing a ton of white pistils but looking close at the trichomes, seeing lots of amber...
White pistils and amber trichs

White pistils and amber trichs 2

All 4 other plants were ripe and harvested a week or more ago so I'm kind of scratching my head. Thanks in advance for the help!

spudpuppy

spudpuppy

dancol, I have a similar situation with my girls. Only three plants, but the pistils on mine are more Amber than your last plant. I live at 7,000 ft. In northern New Mexico which dictates a pretty short growing season. I would suggest that this plant is probably about two weeks away. Included is a photo of my buds.

IMG 0141
D

dancol4321

Yes they germinated within a day of each other but there are oak tree branches above so there was some variation in shade through the day.

K

Kamisama

Did u grow in pots or ground? Maybe roots was growing longer. Not sure, if they would grow as trees just below surface because of water, especially in shaded areas.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
you got pictures of the plants you harvested a week? from a week ago?
i’m thinking your harvest too early as that plant pictured has a month or so.. those are not amber tric’s.,

K

Kamisama

i’m thinking your harvest too early as that plant pictured has a month or so.. those are not amber tric’s.,
true, they r pretty dark, not amber.

electroguy

electroguy

dancol, I have a similar situation with my girls. Only three plants, but the pistils on mine are more Amber than your last plant. I live at 7,000 ft. In northern New Mexico which dictates a pretty short growing season. I would suggest that this plant is probably about two weeks away. Included is a photo of my buds.
Hey, hey. A fellow New Mexican.

D

dancol4321

Did u grow in pots or ground? Maybe roots was growing longer. Not sure, if they would grow as trees just below surface because of water, especially in shaded areas.
I grew in pots so watering was consistent between them

D

dancol4321

I’ll see if I can find a picture pre harvest but I don’t think so. What’s the dark in the bulb of the trichs? Figured that’s late amber

D

dancol4321

Alright after a week they have filled out and are smelling much more potent. Thanks for the advice everyone. It's getting cold here (in the 40s F in Chicago) and now I'm pretty sure I'm getting a bunch of amber. Some said to wait 2 weeks but it's only been 1. Is it ripe?

D

dancol4321

Curious are you still a week from harvest? Just posted a picture of my trichs after 1 week. Seems to be close

Top Bottom